Kayla Needs Help Please!! Bikini Competition Prepping Any coaches out there?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take a look at some of my logs...I know a thing or two.

yes in that time frame I was "on" for about a total of 28weeks.

A lot of your points for general health and "fitness" yes I agree, however competing is apples to oranges.

I've see countless times, women's specifically, add hundreds of calories to their diet and lose body fat rather quickly when paired with HIIT cardio and strength based weight training. Again, competing vs. general health are night and day.

I don't need to get into a pissing contest with you. My track record speaks for itself.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/289981-2017-season.html
Hey man, no pissing contest here. Just calling it like it is. You directly said, "Your cals are too low, that is why your weight loss has stalled." And that is completely false and untrue. That's all. No weight loss from too few calories is NEVER going to happen. I don't care if it sells diet books and makes people feel justified in their habits - it just has no fact.

When people refer to metabolic slowdown in any scientific manner, they are talking about extreme situations where someone is already pretty low in bodyfat and the worst case scenario is no more than a 10% slow down - or in this case about 200 cals/day.

Further, your experience of dropping bodyfat while gaining weight refutes your argument - it shows that if you need additional calories and you have the bodyfat stored, your body will use it. Whether you eat it, or burn it from fat stores, the end result is the same with only some small differences in metabolism, efficiency, etc. This person still has sufficient fat levels that she could stop eating for days and still meet her caloric requirements (although she wouldn't meet her protein demand and I am in no means recommending this).

Finally, just because you have achieved doesn't mean you knew what you were doing. I have seen lots of people who are good at things and if you asked them how they did it, they'd just shrug and say, "I don't know." or even worse - say they have a certain secret that really didn't matter at all, they just believed it did. I've seen people lose 100+ pounds on "low carb diets" and they didn't even know what know what a carb was and ate bread and crackers. They just had a desire and worked hard and their determination overcame their lack of knowledge.

And then you compare what you do, with the assistance of drugs, to how this person should be doing things when there is no mention of drugs and possible low thyroid levels. As you say, it's apples and oranges.

Having said all that, none of it is a personal insult. I'm impressed with what you've achieved. You have achieved more than most people will ever achieve. You obviously DO know a thing or too (I am certainly not saying you are stupid in any way), and you obviously work hard and have determination and consistency. I'm in on your log, maybe I will learn something too.