JudoJosh -insert cool title here- (Havoc pulse log)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:welcome2:
Last Week Update

Sorry I didnt get around to posting thoughout the week with updates so this will be my attempt to try and remember what I did, what I ate, and how I was feeling for the past week. Please bare with me.... here it goes

Day 1 PCT (1/3)

Narrative
Off of work today and day one of PCT. Weight is holding around 200-205lbs. So far the keto diet is going great! One of my New Years resolutions is to eat 10 eggs a day!!!!! This fits perfect with my diet and I cant wait to start!! Eggs are just so easy to make and prepare, easy way to get my fat intake and protein intake, they are CHEAP! AND a great source of so many vitamins and nutrients! Plus I have recently been told about Franks Red Hot sauce and this stuff is AMAZING!!

Diet

Totals
Calories-3217
Fat -214
Sat fat -108
Carb-37
Fiber-12
Protein-290

Day 2 PCT (1/4)

Diet

Totals
Calories-2936
Fat -176
Sat fat -65
Carb-28
Fiber-9
Protein-301

Workout
Fasted workout before I went to work this morning

Benchpress
Floor bench press
DB row
Beyond range push ups
Sledge hammer rotations for some grip work
and finished with some plate halos
Day 3 PCT (1/5)

Narrative
Off work today and finally made it to my jui jitsu gym and had a blast. Damn I miss rolling around. Since I am taking time off school I plan to be here alot more. At the very least I want to go here 2x a week. Right after here I went over to judo and did that for about a hour and when I got home I wanted to sleep badly but instead I fried up some eggs and did some house work before picking up my son from school.

Diet

Totals
Calories-3251
Fat -191
Sat fat -59
Carb-47
Fiber-16
Protein-339

Day 4 PCT (1/6)

Narrative
Worked today. Noticed my neck being real sore too. must have over extended it rolling around or something. I am thinking I should add some neck strengthening to my routine. I will be looking up some info about this thoughout the week and will most likely incorporate something into next weeks lifting.

Diet

Totals
Calories-2401
Fat -145
Sat fat -53
Carb-25
Fiber-5
Protein-252

Day 5 PCT (1/7)

Narrative
work

Diet

Totals
Calories-2678
Fat -153
Sat fat -43
Carb-41
Fiber-11
Protein-297

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL.. I never tried them with a barbell on my back. Only time I have done them was for a warm up and sometimes from the kneeling jump go right into a squat and vertical jump and see how high i can reach my hand up.

Check this dude out

225lbs on a kneeling jump squat. Pretty impressive I think
:shock: :wtf:

That is just crazy!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know if I can even do that without any weight :lmao:
sure you can.. YOUR THE HAWK!!!! Give it a try. It is a little awkward at first. My first time trying this I did it on my rug and ending up getting rug burn on my big toe LOL..

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn that looks pretty awesome actually. I would try this if I had a home gym, but I am not going to attempt a maneuver with such potential for fail in front of anyone, LOL!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sure you can.. YOUR THE HAWK!!!! Give it a try. It is a little awkward at first. My first time trying this I did it on my rug and ending up getting rug burn on my big toe LOL..
I might try this tomorrow if I get to the gym early enough and no one is there yet :happysad:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1/7

Off day

1/8

Workout
Deadlift
Military Press
KB swings
Thick Rope face pulls
Lunges
Grip work with slider

1/9
Workout
Squat
Squat
hyperextensions
Banded knee enxtensions
Holds from rack with Sandbag in guard - these are killer!!!!!!

Overall narrative for past 3 days

I have been still in ketosis (verified by a keto stick throughout the week) and my weight has been maintained during PCT. I have been hitting my 3k calorie mark and protein intake and all is going good EXCEPT I forgot how much it sucks going though that metabolic shift! I don’t know if it is just because I skipped my deload week and I need to deload or it is the sudden lack of carbs from my diet but I have NO DRIVE what so ever! I no longer have the urge to workout, I don’t want to I MAKE myself and I can tell the difference while I am lifting. The intensity just isnt there. I feel super lethargic.. like I sometimes feel getting up out of bed isnt worth the effort. My sleep patterns have been all messed up too so I am sure this is contributing to the problem but I have no motovation! Next week is 5/3/1 and than I deload!!! On a side note APS nutrition and Judgement Day has been kind enough to hook me up with a pretty sweet looking stack that I am going to be logging after the deload and I have been reading all the reviews and logs on their products so I pretty stoked that I was given this chance to test it out and im sure a couple scoops of mesomorph in me and this feeling of not wanting to do anything will disappear.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is an image of the sandbag holds I was doing. These truely are killer. I was doing them with a very very very small sandbag I had and didn't last very long. I plan on using these until I can do it with a heavier bag and for longer time. I feel like this exercise will transition over to BJJ very nicely

Again this is not me in the picture and my bag was tiny compared to the bag he is holding.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn that looks pretty awesome actually. I would try this if I had a home gym, but I am not going to attempt a maneuver with such potential for fail in front of anyone, LOL!
Give it a try without the barbell. The way I have done them before was without a barbell and used them in a warm up session.. a way to prime the CNS system and get ready for some lowerbody lifting. Lemme know how it goes if you give them a shot

I might try this tomorrow if I get to the gym early enough and no one is there yet :happysad:
Go for it buddy :thumbsup: Like I said to HTS try them without the barbell at first and maybe a couple of time before you try them with weights. Better to take them on slowly and avoid injury rather than jumping right in with 200lbs on your back

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is an image of the sandbag holds I was doing. These truely are killer. I was doing them with a very very very small sandbag I had and didn't last very long. I plan on using these until I can do it with a heavier bag and for longer time. I feel like this exercise will transition over to BJJ very nicely

Again this is not me in the picture and my bag was tiny compared to the bag he is holding.
O nice! Something I will def try after I get surgery and start doing the mma training again.

Thanks!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go for it buddy :thumbsup: Like I said to HTS try them without the barbell at first and maybe a couple of time before you try them with weights. Better to take them on slowly and avoid injury rather than jumping right in with 200lbs on your back
Screw it 315 or fail :lmao: But in all seriousness like I said if I can get there early enough to try them I will. My schedule right now barely allows me enough time to come home after my 1str class before I go lift. But it is just enough time to where I couldnt go without eating a good meal preworkout :aargh:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MONSTER UPDATE

I wont try and go too much into detail on the past days as I am waaay behind with my updates so I am just going to list my workouts and a quick general summary.

Weight is holding around 200lbs although this morning (1/18) I was 197. Diet has been on point still keto. I had my carb up days on thursday and friday. Despite having my carb up days I am still feeling real lethargic for some reason. It is really showing in the gym even more. I NEED to get my intensity back! I can't wait to start this APS log next, hopefully this mesomorph will be the kick in the butt I need to get back in the game :spank:

I have been reading the new american diet by team scivation and want to give it a try. It is a little more laid back I think. Most diets take on a all or nothing attitude when it comes to carbs and this one is a little bit more laid back. You eat two servings of fruit a day. You eat your carb meal only postworkout on workout days and in the morning on non-workout day.

Here is my past workouts

1/11
Bench
Floor Press

1/12
Deadlift

1/14
Military Press
Military press
Rope Face Pulls

1/17
Squat
Hip Thrust with keg

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Great log my man!! I always learn so much every time I check in!!

sidross

Awards
uk distributor

Hi , could you inform me of who is your UK distributor . We run a supplement store in N.Ireland and are interested in your products .
many thanks
Sid