judge my bodyfat and critique my physique

j9899

Awards
Hey guys, just curious as to what you think my bodyfat is based on these pics?
Keep in mind that I'm quite depleted in these pics, as I've ate 50 g carbs for the last 6 days and have already done a few depletion workouts. I usually look much more full.

Anyways, some stats: I'm 5'10, 182 lbs, at whatever bf you see. Max lifts: bench-325, squat-420, DL- 485.

I started my diet 7 weeks ago, at 20% bf and have since dieted down to what you see. I've kind of been running my own experiment to see how hard I can train on low calories, while maintaining my strength and burning bodyfat as quick as possible. This has just been an experiment and far from the type of training Lyle recommends on such low PSMF type calories. Believe me, I know most of this looks dumb, but it's really just been an experiment. Also, I love to train, and am also just trying to burn a ton of calories though training and avoid cardio.

I would not have continued to do any of this if my performance declined. Believe it or not, I've actually gained strength and seemed to develop a more rounded look to my muscles.

I've basically been training super high volume, old school BB type. I started off with ABC workouts, repeat, then sunday off. A- chest//shoulder/tris, B-back/bis, C-legs. Walking was done for 20 mins after each wo.

Lately, I've pushed the volume even farther and have done an ABABAB-off split the last two weeks, which entails an insane amount of volume and takes about 2 hours or more each time. One A wo(A1) consists of one compound exercise of 3X3-5, then about 5 more exercises of 6-10 for just, let's say chest alone. For smaller muscle groups it'd be more like 3-4 exercises. The next A wo for chest, for example, I do two exercises in the 8-12 rep range, two in the 12-15 rep range, and two in the 15-20 rep range.

My diet has been basically at PSMF calorie levels: 190 g protein, 50 g carb, and 25 g fat daily(10 g fish oil). I started off having one large carb meal every 4th nite and now I've been skiploading every 7th nite for about 10 hours. I basically take in about 10,000 calories during this time, 2,000 grams worth of carbs. The next day I always look more full and get a great pump in the gym. In addition, my mood is good again, and my libido is quite strong. I believe it has to do with the hormonal effects of the refeed: test raise(SHBG), elevated IGF-1, leptin, tyroid, etc. Again, just another experiment I'm doing based on something I read that states it take 55 cals per pound bodyweight to restore leptin. Eitherway, I enjoy the binge fest and I've continued to get leaner.

Anyways, I was just wondering your opinion on my BF percentage? Also, what do you recommend I do from now. If I look like crap, I'll gladely change goals: too skinny, cortisol bomb. My current goal is to reach 5% bf, but I'd like to do it a different way, as this much training is just to time consuming and kind of stupid too, other than just burning tons of calories. Any other critique is welcome if you would. Keep in mind I'm very depleted in these pics.

Attachments

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
~13-15 percent bf. Any reason why you want to get to 5 percent.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Why are you eating like 1000 cal a day? Do you realize the what it is to be 5% bf? That's insanely dry and only meant for shows. You can get sick easily with that low bf%. Just a heads up.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to rain on your parade buddy, you have quite a few bulk and cut cycles to go before you can get to a low BF% and not look like a malnourished African child. As the others have said 5% is seriously unrealistic.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Sorry to rain on your parade buddy, you have quite a few bulk and cut cycles to go before you can get to a low BF% and not look like a malnourished African child. As the others have said 5% is seriously unrealistic.
He said it much better than I.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
id aim for 10-12% anything lower is too hard to maintain

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Your prob around 13% now... I'd shoot for 10% and stay at that year round with decent lean bulks. That way you won't be embarrassed ever if you have to take off your top at a pool party or some sort of event.