joint supplements??

R6AAC

Awards
i just got my animal flex in today!! thanks a lot and props to b con!!!!!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
for=redemption79
My question to u what have you tried "Flex"???? All kinds do not tell us what you have tried and how long ... I have only been using Flex... I play basketball had several bad ankle sprains a bad shoulders from my years windsurfing... Flex and universal omega has keep me in balance.

I can see fasting and drink water thing - but I do not think that will help with Swelling inflammation ( I could be worng) my two cents...
Flex and EFAs are a solid combo, for sure. For me, it's Animal Flex/Animal Omega...

Let us know how it goes brother. Remember, it'll take a coupla weeks...

xtgear

xtgear

Awards
ive had a pain in the tendon/joint of my left shoudler for years, it didnt bother me before as I wasnt training but I started at the gym 10 weeks ago and the pain is there everytime, also im getting pains down the sides of my forearms when I do any bicep work. Im an ectomorph and have thin bones and it seems to be hurting more and more each week. Even if i drop the weight to something where I can do 20reps it still hurts.

I was looking at USPlabs Super Cissus, is that something that could help with this problem? If so then which is the correct product out of these two links?

http://www.supplementking.co.uk/usp-labs-super-cissus-rx-90-caps.html

http://www.bodysourceonline.co.uk/USP_Labs_Super_Cissus_Rx_-_90_caps

I live in the uk and most places sell it for about £25, but that place there is £17 which is why im wondering if its the correct product as the bottle looks different.
forget bodysourceonline , they are selective scammers, at least for foreigners, I had a major issue with them.

I use animal flex and primaforce cissus and they do a very good job

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
for=redemption79
My question to u what have you tried "Flex"???? All kinds do not tell us what you have tried and how long ... I have only been using Flex... I play basketball had several bad ankle sprains a bad shoulders from my years windsurfing... Flex and universal omega has keep me in balance.

I can see fasting and drink water thing - but I do not think that will help with Swelling inflammation ( I could be worng) my two cents...
Yes. I've tried Animal Flex. I wasn't attempting to be specific about products that do or do not work. Animal Flex is a solid product, along with many others.. Some pain, like tendinitis, can be quite difficult to deal with and no supplement will seem to have an effect. My statement was in regards to other options that are available if joint support supps don't seem to solve your problem. I've personally tried flex and had good results. I've also used flex at a time when it seemed to be of no help. I think it really just has to be tried, and then considered on a case-by-case basis

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I've tried Animal Flex. I wasn't attempting to be specific about products that do or do not work. Animal Flex is a solid product, along with many others.. Some pain, like tendinitis, can be quite difficult to deal with and no supplement will seem to have an effect. My statement was in regards to other options that are available if joint support supps don't seem to solve your problem. I've personally tried flex and had good results. I've also used flex at a time when it seemed to be of no help. I think it really just has to be tried, and then considered on a case-by-case basis
Understand...

str1

str1

Awards
Personally, I'm a big fan of Animal Flex -- and although that's been pretty much a staple for a year or so, I'm still interested in trying new things.

Since Animal Flex is not sold locally, and I sometimes run out, I sometimes try supplementing with a few other locally available supps, which "pretty much" have the same ingredients as AF. This option is more costly and less effective.

I have tried cissus, and it did reduce my pain, but after the rave reviews here I think my hopes were too high, as after a couple of bottles, I didn't feel it was worth it anymore. Might try it again though, but the "anabolic" effects of it aren't appealing for me, and I would like to know more about the science behind it. If anyone has some links, I would be very appreciative of them.

Anyway, big kudos to Universal for making so many top products, although Animal Flex is my only staple at the moment (when I'm bulking, torrent also becomes a staple!).

I'm glad for this thread, as a sufferer of chronic joint pain (I've had some damage to both knees, both of which have been arthroscopied) I'm always on the lookout for something (new) to really help (more). At least until stem cell injections into damaged joints becomes more affordable and has had more clinical tests ;-)

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
i bought supercissus rx a week ago after reading this thread and ye wow the pains in my shoulders and elbows have almost gone! Its only been a week so :thumbsup:

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
I was really looking forward to getting and trying my Flex but still have not received it.

seriousskillz

seriousskillz

Awards
Ive been in combat sports for as long as I can remember. So my joints have been battered over the years. Around this time last year a buddy of mine recomended that I try out this joint supplement for horses and I was, as anyone would be, sceptical. He swore by it and he has a few years on me so I figured "What the hell". Here is the breakdown in 1oz:

5000 mg Glucosamine HCL and Glucosamine Sulfate
100 mg Shark Cartilage (20% Chondroitin Sulfate)
32 mg Boswellin
12 mg Yucca Powder
20 mg Manganese (Ascorbate)
4 mg Bromelaine
20 mg Vitamin C
20 mg Omega 3 Fatty Acid
6.4 mg Omega 6 Fatty Acid
320 IU Vitamin A
8 IU Vitamin E

So how do these ingredients work together to provide maximum relief?

Glucosamine is a charged sugar molecule that is a key component of the extra cellular matrix of cartilage. It absorbs and releases water with each step, thereby acting as a shock absorber for the joints. With more glucosamine, there is more joint protection. It is the essential and principal ingredient that determines the quantity of proteoglycan (water-holding) molecules that are formed in the body. The proteoglycans are large, water-binding molecules made up of (both) proteins and sugars. These are a major building block of healthy, vital cartilage. Glucosamine also stimulates the production of glycosaminoglycans (GAG's) which are important proteins found in cartilage. They serve to "bind" the water within the cartilage matrix, slowing the deterioration of your joints, and easing your pain.

Shark Cartilage provides a source of chondroitin sulfate (20%) which works synergistically with glucosamine to assist in rehabilitating the cartilage that is damaged in your body. Our studies indicate that the use of shark cartilage improves the absorption of the glucosamine.

Chondroitin Sulfate serves to attract fluids into proteoglycan molecules which assists you in two ways. First, it draws nutrients into your cartilage. Secondly, it increases the flow of fluid into your cartilage to add resiliency. It also serves to protect existing cartilage from premature degeneration by blocking "bad" enzymes that destroy cartilage and as well, prevent nutrient replenishment. Chondroitin sulfate is a naturally occurring component of cartilage that aids in the lubrication and cushioning of joints. Chondroitin also provides structure and flexibility to your joints.

Manganese Ascorbate is a mineral that enhances the effectiveness of both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfates and synthesizes the production of healthy cartilage. It is essential for a healthy immune system and aids in the production of mucopolysaccharides, which are critical for maintaining healthy joints.

Yucca has a lengthy history in easing stiff joints by blocking compounds that prevent the normal formation of cartilage. The root is rich in saponins that elevate your body's ability to produce "natural" cortisone. Yucca also helps to block the release of toxins from the intestines that inhibit the normal function of cartilage. Yucca also has anti-inflammatory properties.

Bromelain helps to inhibit pro-inflammatory compounds which reduce pain and swelling. Unlike aspirin, bromelain does not inhibit the production of prostaglandins, essential to healthy joints.

Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids act as anti-inflammatory agents. Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA, and ALA) are found in fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna, halibut, anchovies, and rainbow trout and soybean oil, flaxseed oil, and walnut oil. Omega-6 fatty acids (lineolic acid) comes from various common vegetable oils. The body converts lineolic acid into GLA which can help reduce joint inflammation.

Boswellin has been used for centuries in the Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine to maintain healthy joints. Boswellic acids improve blood supply to the joints and maintain the integrity of blood vessels. At least one study has indicated that they may open up collateral blood circulation to provide a more adequate blood supply to your joints. Boswellin also serves to reduce swelling and improve mobility where individuals experience stiffness in the joints.

Vitamin A (Beta Carotene) is essential for growth and repair of body tissues and it also aids in bone formation, and at the same time protecting against deterioration.

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) mobilizes your body's self-defense mechanisms that in turn, assist your immune system in overcoming disease. It is also a powerful antioxidant required to produce collagen, which is the main supportive protein in cartilage, tendon, and connective tissue. Collagen is the protein that "holds our bodies together" and is critical to the structure and integrity of healthy joints and also protects against bone deterioration.

Vitamin E (Tocopheral) is an antioxidant that acts to protect red blood cells and unsaturated fatty acids from oxidation damage. It also assists your body in maintaining healthy membrane tissue.

Syn-flex® contains a unique blend of ingredients found in no other product on the market today. Our one of a kind liquid formula, our pharmaceutical quality glucosamine HCL and Sulfate, and our ten complementing ingredients has resulted in a formula like no other that not only works, but works fast.

Price: $263.40 per case (12-8oz bottles per case) Plus a $15 shipping fee

So lets do the math

An average horse weighs about 650-950+ lbs. Clidsesdales can weigh more than 2000 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im using the weight of average horses in this formula because this product is for average horses.

650+950/2= 800

My lean body mass (LBM) is around 210. To simplify things and because I hate decimals Im going to use 200 as my LBM.

Now 800/200= 4

A serving is 1oz and we, generaly speaking, are 1/4 the size of an average horse so
.25 ounces (US, fluid) is equal to 0.50 tablespoon or .50 tablespoon is equal to 1.50 teaspoon

Their is 8oz in each bottle and their is 12 bottles therefore

8x4= 32= servings per bottle 32x12= 384= servings per case

There is approximately 13 months of supplement here

Now back to the price $263.40 divided by 13= $20.26 per month

I have been taking this stuff ever since my buddy introduced me to it and my joints feel awesome. Now Im the one that gets the "are you crazy" look when I recomend it. Altough, there are a few side effects I have been experiencing with this product. I can run a mile in 2 min, I seem to be growing a tail, and my penis has grown in both length and girth. Im j/k about the last part!!!

I do not represent nor am I affliated with the manufacturer of this product.

SeriousSkillz

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i bought supercissus rx a week ago after reading this thread and ye wow the pains in my shoulders and elbows have almost gone! Its only been a week so :thumbsup:
Going with the original, patent pending, proven product. Killer stuff!

Please let us know how it works for you!

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Ive been in combat sports for as long as I can remember. So my joints have been battered over the years. Around this time last year a buddy of mine recomended that I try out this joint supplement for horses and I was, as anyone would be, sceptical. He swore by it and he has a few years on me so I figured "What the hell". Here is the breakdown in 1oz:

5000 mg Glucosamine HCL and Glucosamine Sulfate
100 mg Shark Cartilage (20% Chondroitin Sulfate)
32 mg Boswellin
12 mg Yucca Powder
20 mg Manganese (Ascorbate)
4 mg Bromelaine
20 mg Vitamin C
20 mg Omega 3 Fatty Acid
6.4 mg Omega 6 Fatty Acid
320 IU Vitamin A
8 IU Vitamin E

So how do these ingredients work together to provide maximum relief?

Glucosamine is a charged sugar molecule that is a key component of the extra cellular matrix of cartilage. It absorbs and releases water with each step, thereby acting as a shock absorber for the joints. With more glucosamine, there is more joint protection. It is the essential and principal ingredient that determines the quantity of proteoglycan (water-holding) molecules that are formed in the body. The proteoglycans are large, water-binding molecules made up of (both) proteins and sugars. These are a major building block of healthy, vital cartilage. Glucosamine also stimulates the production of glycosaminoglycans (GAG's) which are important proteins found in cartilage. They serve to "bind" the water within the cartilage matrix, slowing the deterioration of your joints, and easing your pain.

Shark Cartilage provides a source of chondroitin sulfate (20%) which works synergistically with glucosamine to assist in rehabilitating the cartilage that is damaged in your body. Our studies indicate that the use of shark cartilage improves the absorption of the glucosamine.

Chondroitin Sulfate serves to attract fluids into proteoglycan molecules which assists you in two ways. First, it draws nutrients into your cartilage. Secondly, it increases the flow of fluid into your cartilage to add resiliency. It also serves to protect existing cartilage from premature degeneration by blocking "bad" enzymes that destroy cartilage and as well, prevent nutrient replenishment. Chondroitin sulfate is a naturally occurring component of cartilage that aids in the lubrication and cushioning of joints. Chondroitin also provides structure and flexibility to your joints.

Manganese Ascorbate is a mineral that enhances the effectiveness of both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfates and synthesizes the production of healthy cartilage. It is essential for a healthy immune system and aids in the production of mucopolysaccharides, which are critical for maintaining healthy joints.

Yucca has a lengthy history in easing stiff joints by blocking compounds that prevent the normal formation of cartilage. The root is rich in saponins that elevate your body's ability to produce "natural" cortisone. Yucca also helps to block the release of toxins from the intestines that inhibit the normal function of cartilage. Yucca also has anti-inflammatory properties.

Bromelain helps to inhibit pro-inflammatory compounds which reduce pain and swelling. Unlike aspirin, bromelain does not inhibit the production of prostaglandins, essential to healthy joints.

Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids act as anti-inflammatory agents. Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA, DHA, and ALA) are found in fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna, halibut, anchovies, and rainbow trout and soybean oil, flaxseed oil, and walnut oil. Omega-6 fatty acids (lineolic acid) comes from various common vegetable oils. The body converts lineolic acid into GLA which can help reduce joint inflammation.

Boswellin has been used for centuries in the Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine to maintain healthy joints. Boswellic acids improve blood supply to the joints and maintain the integrity of blood vessels. At least one study has indicated that they may open up collateral blood circulation to provide a more adequate blood supply to your joints. Boswellin also serves to reduce swelling and improve mobility where individuals experience stiffness in the joints.

Vitamin A (Beta Carotene) is essential for growth and repair of body tissues and it also aids in bone formation, and at the same time protecting against deterioration.

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) mobilizes your body's self-defense mechanisms that in turn, assist your immune system in overcoming disease. It is also a powerful antioxidant required to produce collagen, which is the main supportive protein in cartilage, tendon, and connective tissue. Collagen is the protein that "holds our bodies together" and is critical to the structure and integrity of healthy joints and also protects against bone deterioration.

Vitamin E (Tocopheral) is an antioxidant that acts to protect red blood cells and unsaturated fatty acids from oxidation damage. It also assists your body in maintaining healthy membrane tissue.

Syn-flex® contains a unique blend of ingredients found in no other product on the market today. Our one of a kind liquid formula, our pharmaceutical quality glucosamine HCL and Sulfate, and our ten complementing ingredients has resulted in a formula like no other that not only works, but works fast.

Price: $263.40 per case (12-8oz bottles per case) Plus a $15 shipping fee

So lets do the math

An average horse weighs about 650-950+ lbs. Clidsesdales can weigh more than 2000 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im using the weight of average horses in this formula because this product is for average horses.

650+950/2= 800

My lean body mass (LBM) is around 210. To simplify things and because I hate decimals Im going to use 200 as my LBM.

Now 800/200= 4

A serving is 1oz and we, generaly speaking, are 1/4 the size of an average horse so
.25 ounces (US, fluid) is equal to 0.50 tablespoon or .50 tablespoon is equal to 1.50 teaspoon

Their is 8oz in each bottle and their is 12 bottles therefore

8x4= 32= servings per bottle 32x12= 384= servings per case

There is approximately 13 months of supplement here

Now back to the price $263.40 divided by 13= $20.26 per month

I have been taking this stuff ever since my buddy introduced me to it and my joints feel awesome. Now Im the one that gets the "are you crazy" look when I recomend it. Altough, there are a few side effects I have been experiencing with this product. I can run a mile in 2 min, I seem to be growing a tail, and my penis has grown in both length and girth. Im j/k about the last part!!!

I do not represent nor am I affliated with the manufacturer of this product.

SeriousSkillz

All most like Animal flex an Anmial Omega

Animal flex
Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 9
Calories From Fat 9
Total Fat 1g <2%**
Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid) 100mg 167%
Vitamin E(as D-Alpha Tocopherol) 100mg 333%
Zinc(as Zinc Picolinate) 15mg 100%
Selenium(as Sodium Selenate) 70mcg 100%
Manganese(as Manganese Sulfate) 1mg 50%

Joint Construction Complex 3000mg *
Glucosamine (As HCL, Sulfate KCI) *
Methylsulfonymethane (MSM) *
Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA) *
Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB) *

Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg *
Flaxseed Oil (50% Alpha Linolenic Acid) *
Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend (Cetyl Myristoleaste*, Cetyl Myristate*, Cetyl Palmitate*, Cetyl Laurate*, Cetyl Palmitoleate*, Cetyl Oleate*)

Hyaluronic Acid *

Joint Support Complex 1000mg *
Ginger Root Extract (Gingerols, Shogaols) *
Turmeric Extract (Curcumin) *
Boswellia (Boswellic Acid) *
Quercetin *
Bromelain *

* Daily Value (DV) not established
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Other Ingredients
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Whey Protein (Milk), Shark Cartilage, Carob, Gelatin, Glycerine, Soy Bean Oil, Purified Water, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid

Contains Shellfish.

Animal Omega
Total Calories 60

Calories From Fat 60

Total Fat 7 g 11%

Saturated Fat 1 g 5%

Polyunaturated Fat 2.75 g

Cholesterol 5 mg 2%

Vitamin A (As Retinyl Palmitate) 2664 IU 53%

Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 2000 IU 50%

Vitamin E (As D-Alpha Tocopherol) 10 IU 33%

Omega 3 Fatty Acid (N-3 FA)
Flaxseed Oil
Salmon Oil
Cod Liver Oil
Herring Oil
Anchovy Oil
Mackerel Oil
Sardine Oil
Omega 6 Fatty Acid (N-6 FA) Complex 2500mg
Borage Oil
Safflower Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Sesamin
Omega Absorption Complex 200mg
Lecithin (Soy)
L-Carnitine
Lipase Enzyme 40

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
sorry I got the flex ingredients wrong it is good now

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you should try bulk Super Cissus, I mean for that price you can hardly go wrong.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I got my can of Flex...thanks guys!

I'm going to finish out this bottle of SuperCissus I'm running and then move over to Flex...

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I think you should try bulk Super Cissus, I mean for that price you can hardly go wrong.
I have to agree 100%.

Super Cissus Rx is incredible. Go with the USPLabs or the bulk Rx.

They are the ones you'll be raving about to everyone in a month or so............I am!!!!!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Flex has been good to me...won't train without it
Thanks for the feedback P.

Let us know what you think of it R. Glad you got it.

I was really looking forward to getting and trying my Flex but still have not received it.
Should be there soon.

I'm going to finish out this bottle of SuperCissus I'm running and then move over to Flex...
Sounds good S. Let us know what you think.

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
Alright guys, I'm new to this Cissus stuff. What do you physically notice from it, spare me the scientific research as I have read some of that online.

First hand experiences anyone?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Animal Flex is a solid product, along with many others..
Personally, I'm a big fan of Animal Flex -- and although that's been pretty much a staple for a year or so, I'm still interested in trying new things.

Since Animal Flex is not sold locally, and I sometimes run out, I sometimes try supplementing with a few other locally available supps, which "pretty much" have the same ingredients as AF. This option is more costly and less effective.

I have tried cissus, and it did reduce my pain, but after the rave reviews here I think my hopes were too high, as after a couple of bottles, I didn't feel it was worth it anymore. Might try it again though, but the "anabolic" effects of it aren't appealing for me, and I would like to know more about the science behind it. If anyone has some links, I would be very appreciative of them.

Anyway, big kudos to Universal for making so many top products, although Animal Flex is my only staple at the moment (when I'm bulking, torrent also becomes a staple!).

I'm glad for this thread, as a sufferer of chronic joint pain (I've had some damage to both knees, both of which have been arthroscopied) I'm always on the lookout for something (new) to really help (more). At least until stem cell injections into damaged joints becomes more affordable and has had more clinical tests ;-)

Flex is a staple for me as well.

Yo C, hit me up with a PM and send me your name and addy again... I'll check with Corporate for ya.

Sweet, S. Let us know how ya like it...

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I make my own joint blend, and swear by it. Could not work at all (arthritis flare-ups) if it weren't for my blend. Works best w/ my Vitamin C blend, of course....

R6AAC

Awards
just wanna thank the reps and b-con for the sample of animal flex! I did chest yesterday and I had no problems with my elbows and shoulders what so ever! I also did legs on saturday and my knees were not hurting at all!!!! I strongly recommend animal flex for those who have joint problems!!! THANX

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
i tried usplabs supercissus for a month and it hasnt worked, if anything my joints/tendons feel worse :(

getting orange triad tomorrow see how that goes...

ProOne

Awards
  • Established
i tried usplabs supercissus for a month and it hasnt worked, if anything my joints/tendons feel worse :(

getting orange triad tomorrow see how that goes...

I've used supercissus and orange triad, but I have to say nothing has been as effective as Flex for me.....I'm going to be 52 yo in a few weeks and have competed in powerlifting many moons ago, but still train heavy and hard, and Flex does it for me.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
just wanna thank the reps and b-con for the sample of animal flex! I did chest yesterday and I had no problems with my elbows and shoulders what so ever! I also did legs on saturday and my knees were not hurting at all!!!! I strongly recommend animal flex for those who have joint problems!!! THANX
Glad you got it and it's helping ya out. Gotta keep the joints healthy...