Joe Rogan's letter to kellog's

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Someone posted this on another forum and I thought I'd share it over here.

Joe Rogan's open letter to Kellogs regarding Michael Phelps

Dear, Kellogg’s.
I’m writing this letter to express my disappointment in your company in firing Michael Phelps as a spokesperson for your products because he was photographed while enjoying some marijuana.
I respectfully would like to communicate my opinion on this matter because I think it’s of great public interest.
First of all, although it is true that Mr. Phelps broke the law, I think any reasonably intelligent person would admit that it’s one of the most ****ed up and corrupt laws that we have today in this country. Marijuana is relatively harmless and certainly far less dangerous than a host of other things that are not only legal but also readily available, like alcohol and prescription drugs. The only reason it remains illegal to this day is because it’s a plant and you can’t patent it and control it’s sale, and because if it were legal it would greatly affect the demand for a host of prescription drugs that rake in billions of dollars each year for pharmaceutical companies.
That’s it.
Marijuana has never killed anyone EVER in over 10,000 years of use. We’re not protecting people from themselves, we’re not saving the children - it’s just a horribly illogical law that is in place because of corruption and propaganda.
The fact that it’s against the law is just a disgusting reminder of how retarded our system is, not a reasonable reaction to a proven threat to society.

I have to say, this whole thing saddens me, because I personally would like to think that as Americans we’re better than this. These television news anchors will shake their heads at the thoughtless mistake Mr. Phelps had made by “smoking dope,” and then without even the tiniest sense of irony they will cut to a beer commercial.
This is supposed to be the land of the free and the home of the brave, right? We’re not supposed to be a nation of little bitches giving in to the whims of corrupt politicians and the pharmaceutical companies who’s interests they’re representing.
It’s 2009, and in this day and age with the incredible access to information that we have available there’s no ****ing way that we should be allowing human beings to tell other human beings that they can’t do something that they enjoy that hurts no one including themselves.
THAT is madness. THAT is ignorant, and THAT is completely ****ing un-American.
I don’t want to hear any of that, “he’s setting a bad example with the children” nonsense either, because we all know if he had a gin and tonic in his hand instead of a bong this would never have been an issue, even though every single study ever done has shown that marijuana is FAR less dangerous than alcohol.
Marijuana laws are a horrible waste of resources and law enforcement, and especially in this day and age with our economy in such horrible shape I believe the last thing we need to be doing is wasting tax payers’ money on any of this victimless bullshit.

I find your reactions to Mr. Phelps situation both ignorant and short sighted.
I think what would have been a far better response from Kellogg’s would be to support Mr. Phelps, and perhaps point out that maybe we as a society should take a closer look at the evidence and possibly reconsider our position on this misunderstood plant that so many of our productive citizens find useful.
Now, I’m sure if you really were running Kellogg’s and you were still reading my bullshit all the way down to this, you must be thinking, “Why the hell would we stick our necks out like that for pot smokers?”

And of course the answer to that question would be, because we buy your ****, mother****er.
Do you guys even know your consumer statistics? Well, let me fill you in on some of my own personal scientific research on the subject, because I have been closely studying my own purchases for over 20 years, and I can tell you that I’ve been high 100% of the time I’ve bought your ****.
I mean, do you guys ever think about what you sell?
Pop tarts? Are you kidding me? I would be willing to bet that 50% of the people buying pop tarts are stoned out of their ****ing minds.
Just to be perfectly clear on my position, I would like you to know that I enjoy your products. I think many of them are quite tasty, but lets be honest; you guys sell sugar-drenched **** that’s horrible for your body - in fact, it’s actually way worse for your body than pot - and you market this **** specifically to children.
You *******s go as far as putting lovable cartoon characters on the boxes just so that kids will beg their parents for it.

Now, I don’t want you to misunderstand my point, because I in no way want anything bad to happen to your company. Like I said, I genuinely enjoy your products.
There’s nothing quite like being stoned out of your mind at 2am watching a Chuck Norris movie and eating a bowl of fruit loops. Your company and its products have been a part of some very pleasurable moments in guilty eating, and I’m glad you’re around.
All I’m saying is that it’s high time (no pun intended) that you mother****ers respect the stoner dollar. There’s WAY more of us than you might think, and we tend to get upset about dumb **** like this. There are millions of us, and if we decide that we don’t like a company, they’re going to feel it.
I think if you looked into it carefully, you would be surprised at how many undercover potheads there are out there. Pot smokers don’t all fit into the obvious, negative stereotypes; we come in all shapes and forms - including by the way, the form of the greatest ****ing swimmer who ever lived, EVER.
Think about THAT **** for a second..
So in closing, I would like to ask you nice folks to please smarten the **** up.
I would request that you check the calendar and note that it’s 2000 and ****ing 9, and next time you think about getting all uppity about pot you might want to do a quick google search on the facts.

It’s 4:40am here in LA, and I’m going to wrap up this blog and to celebrate its completion I’m going to enjoy one of my personal favorite Kellogg products: Eggo waffles.
I’m gonna pop 4 of them bitches into the toaster, and then I’m gonna stuff the bong with some fine, American grown “Train Wreck” and sacrifice the sacred plant to the fire gods in tribute to the unjustly persecuted 8 time Olympian hero. Then I’m gonna get some butter, and I’m gonna smear it on those Eggos, I’m gonna cover them with maple syrup, and I’m going to eat the ever loving **** out of them.
Good day, sirs.

Yours truly,

Joe Rogan.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
That's because he is a pothead. Lol some of the stuff he says is true. But, he should know they are just going to read this (or not) and trash it. They fired him not on their beliefs, but because of the risk of being associated with him. They have a brand and an image to uphold to the public.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just posted it because the letter is hilarious. I can give 2 shits why they fired Phelps. I do agree with what rogan says, i'd say 75% of the people i know smoke pot or have smoked pot regualry. I was in the military also and 90% of the people I knew have all smoked pot regularly before they joined. If pot were legalized it would be ridiculous with the amount of people that would come out and say they smoke pot.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Indeed. I can careless who does it. To each his own.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joe Rogan ****ing rocks!!!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
YES!!!!!!! That sh!t was epic!!! Go Joe Rogan!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
That **** is funny!!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While I share some of Joe's views on Marijuana I still think he's a douche.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joe rogan talks simply to hear himself talk. He's an idiot and that has nothing to dov with his letter. If he actually wanted to express his point he would of chosen a better way of doing so. This was just to make people laugh, I guess.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well he is a comedian and i did laugh my ass off. He def knows his **** when it comes to MMA.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's pretty douchey. Kellogs is a family oriented company. They're giving sponsorship money to a dude that purchases marijuana; therefore, contributing to marijuana usage. Where does that money come from? Families that purchase Kellogs' products.

You guys are looking at this on such a small level. Try thinking critically for a change.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If he was prescribed marijuana for medical reasons would it then be ok for him to smoke in the eyes of America? Would kellog's drop him?

I understand why kellog's dropped him from a business stand point. I just think joe rogans letter is hilarious and oh so true. Grow a sense of humor bro. It's friday!!!!!

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I think it's pretty douchey. Kellogs is a family oriented company. They're giving sponsorship money to a dude that purchases marijuana; therefore, contributing to marijuana usage. Where does that money come from? Families that purchase Kellogs' products.

You guys are looking at this on such a small level. Try thinking critically for a change.
The language in Rogan's letter is a bit juvenile, but I wouldn't say it's looking at things on a small level. Quite the opposite really.

I like his rant on the products that Kellogs sells compared to Marijuana... I think obesity is a worse problem than pot use...

I've never smoked but I definitely agree with most of the stuff he put in the letter. It was pretty damn funny too.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, I could care less about weed. I think it should be legalized. Definitely more harm is done by alcohol and tobacco...as well as obesity...

HOWEVER, it's not legal yet. People that think of swimming think of Phelps. Now they associate him with marijuana. Marijuana = Athlete?

It's definitely a situation to argue, and I think both sides have a point, but I think Kellogs did what was in the best interest of themselves.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
to get his point across better he could of used a competitors waffels at the end of his letter. maybe he was just too stoned and forgot who he was writting!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
That is one of the finest pieces of American literature I have ever read. Freaking great stuff.:usa2:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That last paragraph, and the fruit loops/chuck norris bit was pretty damn funny. :lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to get his point across better he could of used a competitors waffels at the end of his letter. maybe he was just too stoned and forgot who he was writting!
Lol!

Leggo my Eggo biotch!