Jmh80 Logs X-Factor/Drive/RPM (sponsored)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started doing db pullovers, its definitely a nice piece to add to a routine as it hits a bunch of muscle groups

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Agree Easy - good exercise that I just flat forgot about for years.

No workout today. No cardio either - tired at work.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice job thusfar J!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Trauma.

4/16/08 - legs.
Soreness REALLY kicked in.
Warm up exercises then into hamstring curls. +10 lbs on first 2 sets. Really burning so back to normal 3rd set.
leg presses - same (have to be really careful due to my knee). Good feeling in my quads - they don't feel like they are really getting worked all that often.
stiff legged deads - + 10 lbs. Lower back had a nice pump - not Superdrol bad or anything.
Lunges were + 10 lbs. Barely made it through those. Glutes and inner quads were really sore (in addition to hams).
leg extensions - able to add another set at +10 lbs. Left knee started to bother me - had to limit ROM at the bottom of the rep.
Calf raises - +15 lbs. Really good pump there.

All in all - pretty good workout. Was starting to work up a sweat early - normally happens with leg presses (2nd or 3rd set).
Really glad I got a good quad pump. Maybe I can finally add some size to them.

Hit my 200 to 250 grams of protein - initial look was 225. Will total my intake later this week.

Libido is definitely increasing. No stomach issues with Drive at 8 caps/day. (But - I've taken some Forselean supps already this year - but not all the way through.)
Drive looks to be up way before RPM or X-factor. Less than 30 days. RPM should last for a while at 3 to 4 caps.

Bed now.
Legs - 5/3/08

Featured song during WO - Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen

(Don't want to post the actual video - it has Freddie Mercury with his shirt off. Do not want. One of the best lead singers though.)

Seated ham curls - +10 on first set, normal on 2nd, 3rd
Leg presses - +20 lbs all 3 sets
Was then REALLY winded
Lunges - +10 first 2 sets, normal 3rd set
Talk about tired - now I'm really tired. Sore as sh*t everywhere.
Stiff legged DL's - +5 lbs first 2 sets, normal 3rd set (back really tight)
leg extensions - normal, only did 2 sets due to extreme pumps/soreness in quads
donkey calf raises - normal all 3 sets

Decided to use the girly inner theigh machine - these seem to be limiting my lunges (tiring first). I think I need to get to working the inner quad muscle now.

Worn the hell out right now.

Feel good though - legs sore all over.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Workout results.

4/20/08 - bi's/tri's/delt's/traps

triceps:
overhead dumbbell extensions (2 hand) - apparently been 2 months since I've done these, no clue why but same as back then
skullcrushers - +10 lbs all 3 sets. Last set was really tough.
5/4/08 - triceps/cardio/abs

Pressdowns - hadn't done them in a while, same weight as last time (near 2 months ago it looks)
overhead dumbbell exentions - +5 lbs all 3 sets
skullcrushers - tried +10 1st set but came 2 reps short. -10 lbs on 2nd/3rd sets (arms really pumped)
Rope pressdowns - haven't done in a while, same weight as last time.

Did JJohn's treadmill routine. Had to do 2.1/3.1 mph intervals.

Featured song during WO: Van Halen - Panama

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Chest workout tonight.
Impressions - ancillary body parts got really sore tonight (esp. rear delts - which is really strange for a chest workout for me). RPM gave me some good energy the whole workout, and cardio afterwards. Libido is starting to migrate upwards.

Incline was + 10 lbs first 2 sets and +5 3rd set (I.E. had to drop 5 lbs off for the 3rd set)
Decline was +10 lbs for first 2 sets, unchanged 3rd set. Had to take 10 lbs off to maintain good form. Rear delts started to interfere during 2nd set.
Flyes were +5 lbs on all 3 sets. (Last workout looked like I petered out after the first set - otherwise I'd be saying +5 lbs on the first set only relative to my normal weights as of late.)
Cable fly's were +5 lbs.

Did 40 mins of cardio - then the gym guy kicked me out.

Good workout. Beginning to see the Drive strength increases I saw last time. Should be funner at 8 caps and with RPM/XF also thrown in.
Chest - 5/6/08
Did not feel strong tonight. Didn't feel tired per se - actually not bad. Not yawning and other stuff.

Dunno what was going on.

Incline was down 5 lbs on all 3 sets and I struggled to hit the desired reps. (Probably should have dropped another 5 lbs honestly.)
Decline was down 5 lbs on first set, and same on 2nd/3rd sets. (Was same weight all 3 sets - was just able to go up on first set last time I lifted.)
Incline flyes was down 5 lbs on first set, and same on 2nd/3rd (same comment as decline)
Cable x-overs were same weight.
Dumbbell pullovers were same as last week (which was on back day - wanted to change it up weekly between chest and back) - 2 sets.

30 mins on treadmill with JJohn's interval program. Couldn't do the 15 incline at the 2.1/3.1 interval for more than 5 mins. Had to go down to 12 incline for 5 mins and then 10 for the rest of the workout.

Chest pump was good - nothing out of this world. No outlandish soreness either. Other bodyparts were OK as far as pump - didn't limit weight lifted either. Unsure why I wasn't adding any weight this workout.

Featured song this workout (while my MP3 player worked - died half way through): AC/DC - Moneytalks

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Oh - Drive will be finished tomorrow.
Sad to see it go. I like Drive.

Libido has been up - backne has crept up also. I'm putting benzoyl peroxide gel all over my back and a few places on my chest.
Just noticed a pimple on my face today.

Edit - just started in 2nd XF bottle today. Only 2 or 3 days left of RPM's first bottle. (I'm not taking 5 caps on off-workout days. Hence - it's drawing down slower than the rest.)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The Drive is gone? :sad:
Yes - today was the last day. 2 bottles goes way too quick. AN needs a mega bottle.

Back today - didn't post the last time I did this routine but it was during this stack.

T-bar rows - +10 on first set, normal on 2nd set (pump set in on biceps limiting lifts on 2nd set)
Pull-ups - normal 1st set, +10 2nd and 3rd sets (this is on a pull-up machine - I can't do the reps required by Bobo's routine with just a bar). Felt good after 1st set so I went up on 2nd/3rd
Hammer Strength seated row - +10 1st set, +5 2nd set, normal 3rd set (again - limited by forearms/biceps 2nd/3rd sets)
Reverse grip (palms facing) lat pulldowns - normal 1st set, +10 2nd/3rd sets. Will say I had big weight reductions 2nd/3rd sets last time so looks like I went up in weight but I really didn't. I'd call this normal all 3 sets honestly
Wide grip lat pulldowns - normal 1st set, +10 lbs 2nd/3rd set.

Did the interval cardio on the treadmill with the incline set really high. Max incline for 13 mins, then had to back down to 12 for a few mins, then 10 incline for a few, then back up to 12 for the last 10 mins. (Calves really sore.)

Need to weigh myself.

Other notes - I'm done with Napalm/clen and Lipo-Y. Was done 2 days ago. Will take pictures in a few days of my abs as the water continues to decrease. I can see less bloating already in my stomach.

Again - Drive is done. One bottle of RPM done today. On 2nd bottle of XF as of 2 days ago.

Featured song this workout (Bobo's favorite): AC/DC - It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock And Roll)

I usually start my workout with this - love the intro. Gets me really going.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - like HEAT, 400 caps or something like that.

Else at 8 caps/day 2 Drive's are less than a month.

No gym yesterday - went to a baseball game. Legs here in a few and then arms tomorrow.

Am moving around my workout schedule next week - pool party on Saturday so will be working out chest before said party. :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally agree, a bigger size would be sweet (only issue is if it'll sell to make it justifiable). I had a convo with Dirk a while back about cutting corners on the RPM formula so it didn't take so many caps to get the same result. He told me AN doesn't cut corners :D

Nice, lack of workout yesterday. Hopefully you'll get some nice pump action so you look all "hawt" for the ladies at the pool. Remember: "higher reps + stretching = longer more intense pumps" ;) Especially if you're still taking X-factor, you'll get a big ol' boost of PGE2.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ohhhh - good idea. I'll drop you a line I get back from the gym - let's come up with a game plan.
Yes - ladies will be there. Female interns, no less. ;)
(Mmmm fresh meat. :lol:)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally agree, a bigger size would be sweet (only issue is if it'll sell to make it justifiable). I had a convo with Dirk a while back about cutting corners on the RPM formula so it didn't take so many caps to get the same result. He told me AN doesn't cut corners :D
its funny, people look at igf-2 and say "its $50 for 26 days, powerful is $35 for 30 days, why is it so expensive" and the answer is that whats in it costs more...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ohhhh - good idea. I'll drop you a line I get back from the gym - let's come up with a game plan.
Yes - ladies will be there. Female interns, no less. ;)
(Mmmm fresh meat. :lol:)
I have fully functioning hardware. I'm no dummy. We don't go to pool parties to play Marco Polo with a bunch of other dudes. :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Legs - 5/3/08

Seated ham curls - +10 on first set, normal on 2nd, 3rd
Leg presses - +20 lbs all 3 sets
Was then REALLY winded
Lunges - +10 first 2 sets, normal 3rd set
Talk about tired - now I'm really tired. Sore as sh*t everywhere.
Stiff legged DL's - +5 lbs first 2 sets, normal 3rd set (back really tight)
leg extensions - normal, only did 2 sets due to extreme pumps/soreness in quads
donkey calf raises - normal all 3 sets

Decided to use the girly inner theigh machine - these seem to be limiting my lunges (tiring first). I think I need to get to working the inner quad muscle now.

Worn the hell out right now.

Feel good though - legs sore all over.
Legs 5/10/08
Featured song: Def Leppard - Animal (vid is the Hysteria tour)

Seated ham curls - same weight as last time all 3 sets
Leg presses - +20 lbs all 3 sets!!!! Awesome quad pump after
Lunges - +10 lbs all 3 sets!!! Really tired at this point - which felt great.
Stiff legged dead's - +5lbs first set, +10 2nd and 3rd sets. Lower back not nearly as sore this time.
leg extensions - same on 1st/2nd set - added a 3rd set of +10 lbs. Really felt the burn on that 3rd set - which felt great.

donkey calf raises - +25 lbs first set, same 2nd/3rd sets. (Wish I had way to increment in between the 25 lb plates.)
Seated calf raises - did one set.

Walked on the treadmill for 20 mins.

All in all another great (for me) leg workout. Could feel the pumps in my quads. Lower back strength seems to be coming up better now. (My limit on deads is it.)

Weight this morning was 168 lbs. No change.

Food-wise - this was a bad week for types of foods and fat intake. I hit my protein levels most days but seemed like everyone wanted to go somewhere to eat this week. I skipped out on a bash on Lake Maurepas today (some spur off Lake Ponchatrain) because I knew I wouldn't eat much of anything.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
BTW - I need to start a thread in the chat section to take requests for my "post number 7k" thread.

Could do hot chicks like my post number 4k, 5k, and come to think of it - 6k.
(I'm really not creative - but am good at finding hotties to post.)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your post count right now it 6969. Nice.

I think you should do one of people eating cheeseburgers. It will serve as a nice boost of confidence to all of us who've given up fast food. :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Workout results.

4/20/08 - bi's/tri's/delt's/traps
Moved this back from Friday to Sunday to work chest and back first.
Biceps:
dumbbell curls - + 5 lbs all 3 sets
preacher curls - + 10 lbs all 3 sets (could have gone higher - but I have to be careful with preachers as I've hurt my elbow in the past)
concentration curls - same, bicep pumps huge by this time

delts:
side delt dumbbell raises - same, big pumps
upright barbell rows - same (have to be careful - can hurt my shoulder getting overzelous with these)

traps:
behind neck barbell shrugs - + 5 lbs
shrug machine (Hammer strength) - +10 lbs
Biceps/delts/abs 5/11/08
(Didn't log the prior rotation of this WO on 5/2/08 - but I will reference weights to that workout not 4/20/08)

Featured song - Digital Underground "Same Song"
(First 2Pac appearance on a commerical song/video)

Dumbbell curls - same on 1st and 3rd, 2nd was +5 lbs
preacher's - +10 lbs 1st set, same on 2nd/3rd
conc. curls - same weight
side raises - same on 1st/2nd, +5 on 3rd set. Note - control of weight was MUCH improved.
upright rows - same weight
Hammer military presses - +10 lbs, only 2 sets

Worked out abs. Lower abs still cramping. Ugh.

Other than that - delts were really sore. Biceps were really pumped and vascular.
I think bicep day is the only time I look like a bodybuilder.

Weight still at 168 lbs as of today.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Back 4/30/08

Haven't done this back routine before on this stack. So - comparing to before the stack started.

Reverse grip lat pulldowns - same 1st set, +10 2nd set, same 3rd set. Limited by forearms on 3rd set or could have been +10

Lat pulldowns - same on 1st and 2nd sets, + 10 on 3rd set. Able to hold same weight as 2nd set.

Hammer strength rows - +10 lbs on 1st set, +5 lbs on 2nd set, same on 3rd set. Back limiting here on keeping weight up for desired reps.

Decided to do dumbbell pull-overs. Haven't done those in a long time. Figured I could use the stretch. Used a 35 lb DB just to start (wasn't sure what to start with honestly).
VERY good stretch in lats - upper back got a good workout. Really sore after this.

30 mins on elliptical as I watched the end of Wizards-Cavs. Good game.
Back & traps 5/13/08
Featured song: Motley Crue "Kickstart my heart"

Reverse grip lat pulldowns - same on 1st set, +10 lbs on 2nd/3rd (May have gotten +10 on first set but likely only 8 reps - need fractional weight capability on this machine

Wide grip lat pulldowns - same (lats really sore)

Hammer seated rows - same weight

T-bar rows - same weight - but 2 less reps (one per set) Ugh

dumbbell pullovers - did 2 sets this time - instead of one and a half-azzed one. Seemed to be getting stronger/more flexible.
Will def. keep these up

Did traps because I didn't have time on bicep/delt day.

Behind back shrugs - +10 on first set (but 2 less reps than prescribed), and -10 lbs on 2nd/3rd
Shrug machine - +10 lbs (but 2 less reps on 2nd set than prescribed)

Traps were WAY more sore and less strong on back day than on delt day. Seem to give the most well-rounded back workout when I do them on the same day - but will have to think through if it's better for more reps/weight on deltoid day or for the efficiency of back day.

No gym today 4/14/08 - was going to do triceps. It POURED rain and most of the streets had water in amounts upward of a foot (that I drove through - damn moron). My feet/legs were soaked walking to my car from work (umbrella can't help standing water in the parking lot).
So - didn't not feel like lifting in bare feet or wet shoes - or getting back out in the mess that was driving.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Apparently I forgot to update this for the past, oh, 2 weeks.

I'll get on that today/tonight.

Gym today - back.

I will comment that RPM is giving me no real energy. Libido is pretty darn good. My legs are staying sore seemingly all the time now. (Has to be the X-factor.)
Chest is staying sore for over a day.
Back maybe a bit longer (lower back esp).\
Traps are staying sore seemingly all the time - esp bad after leg day (lunges).

Strength is starting to level off in most exercises. Still going up in some.
I'll try to detail that in some upcoming posts.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

How was your pool party? I was beginning to think you had drowned.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

How was your pool party? I was beginning to think you had drowned.
Dude - the stretching, in particular, worked out really well.

I was, by FAR, the most jacked dude there. Wasn't even close. Everyone was staring at me. Girls were interested in my chest.

Around 70 people showed up. It was huge. We are doing it again at the end of June.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Finished X-factor a few days ago and RPM around the end of May.

Measurements this morning:
172 lbs (+2)
Chest - 40" (no change)
Arms - 15.1 (or .2) plus a bit
Waist - 31" at both places
Legs - R quad 21.5", L quad 22.5" (+0.5")
Calves - 15.5" (+.25")

Initial stats quoted below.
Stats:
28 years old
5'11"
170 lbs this morning
Chest - 40"
Arms - 15"
Waist at belly button (relaxed - not holding stomach in) - 31"
Waist at hips - 30.5" (a bit bloated)
Quads - 21" for left, 22" for right
calves - 15.25"
No real upperbody change, but some pretty damn good lower body growth.
This is reflected in strength gains, detailed below.

Legs:
Leg presses - +60 lbs
Lunges - +30 lbs
stiff legged deads - +20 lbs
calf raises - +50 lbs
leg extensions - +40 lbs (when knee coroporated)
hamstring curls - +10 lbs

Back:
t-bar rows: +15 lbs
pullups: +10 lbs
seated Hammer Strength rows: +5 lbs
lat pulldowns - no change

Chest:
bench: +5 lbs
dumbell bench: +5 lbs
dips: no change
incline: no change
decline: +5 lbs
incline dumbell flys: +5 lbs

Biceps:
alternating dumbell curls: +5 lbs
preacher curls: +10 lbs
barbell curls: no change
hammer curls: no change
concentration curls: no change

Triceps:
pressdowns: +5 lbs
overhead dumbell extensions: +10 lbs (hadn't done these much before I started this stack, don't take a lot of stock)
skullcrushers: no change
rope pressdowns: no change

Delts:
lateral dumbell raises: +5 lbs
upright rows: no change
Hammer Strength military presses: +20 lbs

Traps:
behind neck barbell shrugs: no change but much better control of weight
shrugs (Hammer strength): +40 lbs

The % increases in weight lifted for reps with my legs is freaking huge compared to the upperbody stuff (save for traps).

I wouldn't concentrate just on the absolute weight increase. I wasn't able to do much with my legs - just got too fatigued.

Pictures to come tomorrow.

Thoughts
I really like Drive. Good product for PCT esp. Just wish AN would make a huge bottle.
RPM is good - but it doesn't give me any energy boost after maybe 2 or 3 weeks. The last month was really nothing.
The iicarin in it was good to keep the libido up that Drive started (not nearly as high as when Drive was included though).

X-factor is some good stuff for strength. It's the 2nd best non-steroid supplement I've taken for strength. I'd put it slightly ahead of Powerfull but still behind on MassFX.

I WILL run X-factor again (have the bulk powder from NP). Same with Drive.

I will say the soreness on XF is pretty pronounced. I couldn't carry around a dumbell without my traps getting a pump or becoming pretty sore. It seems to prolong my lower back soreness after leg day (same goes for glutes, hams, and quads - just the lower back is most pronounced).
Back and chest soreness were probably a day longer than before I started this stack. Made for some cool lingering sort-of pumps.
Arm soreness really didn't seem to change. Shoulders were longer. I was actually able to make them sore, which doesn't happen much at all.

Calves were sore pretty much all the damn time. I blamed that on the incline cardio I was doing coupled with XF.

Overall good stack. Added strength and lower body size. I think I look more in proportion. I honestly didn't need big upperbody gains. I already look like a beach lifter (with my legs so small).
This stack really helped me more even out.

Thanks Molecular and AppNut!
You guys rock.