Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s here boys!

IMG_0789.JPG

(I was setting up my shot, the plan was to move to a blank wall for less clutter, but my puppy jumped in and I loved it.)

Thanks to the fellas at Strong! @LeanEngineer @Afi140

View attachment 233527

Gonna get this log rolling. I’m thinking I’ll make some separate posts for my info and such, just wanted to make sure I get the intro started.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well I already done fucked up. It kept saying my file size was too big, but kept posting anyway. I should’ve known better.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s here boys!

View attachment 233526

(I was setting up my shot, the plan was to move to a blank wall for less clutter, but my puppy jumped in and I loved it.)

View attachment 233527

Gonna get this log rolling. I’m thinking I’ll make some separate posts for my info and such, just wanted to make sure I get the intro started.
Nah man having the dog in the pic is cool. Anyone that doesn’t like dogs is worthless!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t think I’ve ever run a log before, so I’m not sure how I want to set things up. Guess I can just kinda ramble and see what people think.

The stuff came in a few days ago, got a free shaker, free organ support, and a post card with a discount code alongside the AlpgaBuild. Thanks to the Strong guys! Definitely not expecting a full size product.

I wanted to wait for the weekend to take care of getting the log set up. I also was still finishing up my Anabolic XT/Anabolic Effect stack. So today was last dose of those, first dose of Alpha!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Okay, so for my info. I’m obsessed with both bodybuilding and strength, but also very interested in maintaining leanness. Sort of “why be big if you don’t have strength to back it up” but also “why be strong if you don’t look the part?” So, in theory, AlphaBuild should be PERFECT for what I’m looking for.

Supplements are minimal now. Jobs have been difficult recently, so my supp budget has been basically nothing. But my wife wants kids, so if it can help my fertility or libido, she’s down. That’s how I swung this last stack. Right now, I have SNS Sabroxy, a basic CoQ10 I got from Kroger, and now AlphaBuild.

Diet is mostly focused on ease right now. Has been for a while. I have a son who will be 7 in July, so while supporting him and working full time after his mom left me, I’ve always stuck with easy stuff. Even though I’m now happily married to a new, far better woman, I’m still working a lot of hours and still trying to be a family man while still maintaining my strength and physique. It’s a tough balance sometimes. Anyway, weekdays I work out fasted, eat a boatload of greek yogurt with granola mixed in, usually leftovers for lunch, and 2-5 peanut butter sandwiches, depending on the workday. Some days I’m hungrier or stay longer. Dinner is usually something like burgers, tacos or spaghetti made at home.

Workouts are a little weird to say the least. Pretty much focus on a couple main movements, one per body part being trained that day, ramp up for max weights to work on strength development, then followed by a deload set taken to failure for hypertrophy focus. This last set is sort of a Mike Mentzer/Dorian Yates kind of all out set. The heavier early sets also help activate the nervous system, which I think helps the performance of last set, as well as increasing volume for overall gains. Not sure if it’s optimal, but I really like it and it works pretty well. Stays somewhat short but still accomplishes what I want. My current job starts at 5:30am, so I’m up at 3 typically, so I keep it short before work. I also feel I was influenced too much early in my bodybuilding career by Mentzer and Yates. Which isn’t bad, but if I haven’t killed myself with the movement, I don’t feel like I’m done. All that said, I do very high frequency, contrary to what the high intensity guys say. I only do one movement for each muscle group per day, so I swap through a few different exercises throughout the week. I love starting days with a workout, so I just workout every single day. I alternate chest and back days with a lower body and arms day. I can go into more details about workouts when I update them if there’s interest.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well we ended up doing things today, so I didn’t get a lot of what I wanted to done. I’ll get measurements and physique pictures tomorrow so we can compare before and after. I don’t have a scale, so I’m not planning on tracking weight unless I figure something out. I usually hold pretty steady, the last few times I was weighed in the last two months or so were in the 227-228 range. I’d like to find a scale to reference, we’ll see. I’m more worried about strength and measurements for objective figures as well as appearance of course.

Anyway, first workout went down, with many confounding variables, but I felt good. Normally I wake up, take my supplements with a gulp of my preworkout (currently Focus XT) and work out half to one hour later. Being a weekend, I don’t have to work so I always procrastinate to some extent. But today, we went to the local farmers market in the morning, then on the way back, we saw my wife’s flat tire, so I decided to go ahead and fix that. The wheel was stuck on the hub, and I don’t have a hammer of any real substance, so it turned into a much longer ordeal. I ended up mixing up one of my other preworkouts that I don’t care for too much so it’s just laying around. About a half serving so it won’t bother me much (it has alpha-yohimbine). Then my actual workout was around 1 o’clock.

AlphaBuild is liquid caps, which are a little funky if you’ve never seen those before. I actually really like the smell. Something between fruity and floral I think. It reminds me of something, but I can’t figure out what it is. So after sniffing them for longer than I care to admit, I took two caps with a swig of Focus XT early in the morning. Today was also the last servings each of Anabolic Effect and Anabolic XT, so those were taken at the same time.

I can’t judge too much from today, it’s a weekend so I got extra sleep, I worked out in the afternoon instead of morning, I took extra preworkout… but subjectively, I felt fantastic during my workout. Warm ups and ramp up weights felt light and I just felt good doing it. I love working out, but not every day feels good. No difference noticed in pumps or strength today, but I’ll keep an eye on that.

Today was a chest and back day.

First few sets of bench press I kept very strict to try not to lose my technique. I’m so bad about getting looser with it just to keep raising my numbers. These first 3 sets were pulled down slow, paused at the bottom, the works.

135x10
225x6
315x4

After that, I kinda stopped caring. As long as I’m getting the tension in the muscles I want, I should still get the effect I want. But these last sets would be laughed out of a competition. Overarched back, butt off the bench, no pause at the bottom. But I do keep a pretty slow negative to make sure I’m still getting the hypertrophic effects I want.

385x2
455x1
315x18

For back, dumbbell rows. Being less of a power movement than bench press, I focus on form more to try to fatigue the muscle where I want it. Paused at the top, slow negative, full stop at the bottom, somewhat explosive positive. I don’t count the tempo, but probably something like 3011.

20x12
40x10
60x8
80x5
80x20

That’s as much weight as I can fit on my adjustable dumbbells, otherwise I’d probably try to get a little heavier work in, but this all feels pretty good. With the slow reps and squeezes, it does the job.

The rows and presses are done back and forth, not necessarily supersets. But i did the high rep rows pretty soon after the high rep bench, so I was huffing and puffing at the end there. Felt dang good though!

ThaReal Big

ThaReal Big

Awards
Great! Here to follow. I know the log is for Alphabuild I'm curious about how you getting on with Sobroxy XT? If I take it in the morning it just zaps me out of energy and I feel so tired all day just want to sleep so I moved my dose to afternoon. And how did you get on with the AE & AXT stack.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s here boys!

View attachment 233526

View attachment 233527

Awesome! Glad you received it and excited for you to get started!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Great! Here to follow. I know the log is for Alphabuild I'm curious about how you getting on with Sobroxy XT? If I take it in the morning it just zaps me out of energy and I feel so tired all day just want to sleep so I moved my dose to afternoon. And how did you get on with the AE & AXT stack.
Sabroxy was kinda weird. First two uses, it seemed to amplify the effects of stims. Makes sense with increased dopamine. After the two times though, I don’t ever notice the difference with or without. So I used it sporadically, not really sure if it was helping or not. I’m trying 1 cap daily now to see if longer term effects give me much benefit. So far, doesn’t seem like something I’ll be buying again.

AE/AXT is probably my favorite stack. This was my second time using it, two months each time. The first time I was coming off a PH stack and I actually increased strength in PCT. Blew my mind a little. This past time was with my current job. The early hours and long days are really draining me, so they more helped to keep me closer to baseline than actually giving a boost. Disappointing, but I didn’t lose much ground gains-wise, which worried me. My strength was falling off a cliff, but I’m maintaining well now. I hit 3 months at the new job a few weeks ago, so I think I’ll be better now that I’m more used to it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the Ride !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! I’m pretty excited to see how it goes. First impression was pretty good, but continued use will be the real judge.
Agreed! Acouple weeks in will really tell the truth on the product!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I forgot to update yesterday. It was storming, so I wasn’t sure how the lighting would be for physique pictures. I did go ahead and take measurements. These were all done by myself, so don’t take them as gospel, but if I’m consistent with my measurements, we should see how it’s tracking.

Measurements

Thigh 24’
Waist at bellybutton 35’
Hips, around glutes 39.25’
Chest, around nipples 46’
Forearm 14’
Upper arm, relaxed, cold 15’
Upper arm, flexed, cold 17.25’
Upper arm, relaxed, pumped 15.75’
Upper arm, flexed, pumped 17.75’

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yesterday’s workout was nothing special. Leg days have been very hit or miss recently, I think mostly because of fatigue from work and waking up so early. Front squats just felt so damn hard.

Front squats

135x8
225x5
315x1
225x8

Normally that top set wouldn’t have been a single, but I had nothing left. 225 usually hits double digits, but today 8 had me.

RDLs

135x8
185x8
225x12

I haven’t done these much, but my posterior chain is feeling like a weak link in back squats and deads, so I’m trying to work on that.

Biceps, I typically do a drop set, since they’re a small muscle group, I get in some volume and pump. The first few sets working up in weight are spaces between sets of front squats. The drops are done close together, with a few breaths in between each round. I don’t have a preacher bench, so I put my bench at a high incline and use that.

Dumbbell preacher curl

20x10
30x8
40x5
50x2
40x8
30x12
20x20

Hammer curls
40x12
60x12
80x15

Overhead triceps extension
40x12
60x12
80x14

I use the same dumbbell for each of these. I do one arm, then the other, then swing it over my head and brace my upper back on my bench and do a two arm extension. These were done in between sets of RDLs.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today I was back to work, another early workout. Back to chest and back. Incline barbell presses at roughly 45 degrees. Slow decent, brief pause while stretched, explosive press, no pause at the top. Barbell rows, I like using my EZ curl bar. I like the angles I can get which make it a little easier on my wrists. These were done with a fairly close grip, underhand, slow negative, full stop at the bottom, explosive pull, squeeze at the top for maybe half a second. Rows also get the drop set treatment, lower reps don’t seem to give me great activation in the lats, they like the volume.

Incline press
135x10
225x6
315x2
355x1
225x16

Barbell rows
95x12
165x8
215x5
215x10
165x12
95x20

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
17" Bi's ----------- Nice !!!💪

I have never been able to master the Front Squat !! :mad:

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
17" Bi's ----------- Nice !!!

I have never been able to master the Front Squat !! :mad:
Yeah front squats are tricky. I think if you can get the hang of the “rack”, it’ll help a lot. But it obviously shifts the weight farther forward so you have to stay more upright. I’m not sure I have any more advice, it took me a long time.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Today I was back to work, another early workout. Back to chest and back. Incline barbell presses at roughly 45 degrees. Slow decent, brief pause while stretched, explosive press, no pause at the top. Barbell rows, I like using my EZ curl bar. I like the angles I can get which make it a little easier on my wrists. These were done with a fairly close grip, underhand, slow negative, full stop at the bottom, explosive pull, squeeze at the top for maybe half a second. Rows also get the drop set treatment, lower reps don’t seem to give me great activation in the lats, they like the volume.

Incline press
135x10
225x6
315x2
355x1
225x16

Barbell rows
95x12
165x8
215x5
215x10
165x12
95x20
Nice incline pressing!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Will post the link for others in the promo thread. Stoked for the progress!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My chest is still a little bottom heavy, so they’ve been a focus for a while.
i don't think you can ever do too much upper chest !

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i don't think you can ever do too much upper chest !
Everyone would probably make fun of me, my chest is super thick, but I’m still so disappointed with my upper chest! Somehow, I don’t think it’ll ever be enough.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone would probably make fun of me, my chest is super thick, but I’m still so disappointed with my upper chest! Somehow, I don’t think it’ll ever be enough.
Keep working, it will get there!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But it obviously shifts the weight farther forward so you have to stay more upright. I’m not sure I have any more advice
if you're using the oly front rack position (cleans) vs the bodybuilder style (crossed arms) the cue was always "elbows up". everything else front squat is pretty similar to back squat but telling people to drive their elbows up to the sky has helped a lot of folks who tend to dip heavily at the thoracic basically, then crumble under the load.

there was a guy here on AM for a while that was specifically training oly and I recall he'd use straps to get his hands fully wrapped on the bar for fronts and help improve his flexibility, which makes sense to me cause on a heavy set I may start fully wrapped and finish with just fingers holding the bb in place...

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
if you're using the oly front rack position (cleans) vs the bodybuilder style (crossed arms) the cue was always "elbows up". everything else front squat is pretty similar to back squat but telling people to drive their elbows up to the sky has helped a lot of folks who tend to dip heavily at the thoracic basically, then crumble under the load.

there was a guy here on AM for a while that was specifically training oly and I recall he'd use straps to get his hands fully wrapped on the bar for fronts and help improve his flexibility, which makes sense to me cause on a heavy set I may start fully wrapped and finish with just fingers holding the bb in place...
I’ve never liked the crossed arms thing. It doesn’t seem to agree with my shoulders. A lot of times, that’s my limit though. My shoulders give out or my torso starts to cave. Recently, I haven’t been able to get the same work done, so it hasn’t gone that far. Hoping I can build back up. I wish I kept a notebook, I was killer with front squats for a little bit there. I think my records were 315 for 5 and 225 for like 20. Not in the same workout though!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Todays workout was fine. I ran out of time before work, so I didn’t get to finish off my arms, but I got the top sets in for squats. I do wish I had a few more ramp up sets in there, but it went okay, considering. Felt good, but still way off my old strength. Also, less than I was able to bench!

Full back squat
135x8
225x6
315x3
435x2
315x13

Concentration curls
20x12
30x10
40x8

Cable pressdown with rope
50x12
70x10
90x8

For these, I’m listing the weights I have loaded, but the cable system I have is apparently meant to use the two overhead cables together, so using one only gets you through half the elevation of the weight stack. It’s probably roughly half of the listed weight, but I’ve never felt like trying to figure out the actual resistance.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you do have a monster bench, what are you weighing in at right now?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t have a scale, but my weight doesn’t vary much. Last 3 times I weighed myself was 227-228.
LOL when I was running bachelor life for a few years I didn't have one either, moved in with my wife and suddenly i'm on it 3 times a day 😅

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
LOL when I was running bachelor life for a few years I didn't have one either, moved in with my wife and suddenly i'm on it 3 times a day
I’m married too, but I don’t think she wants one. She’s heavier than she wants to be, so I don’t think she wants to see the number!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m married too, but I don’t think she wants one. She’s heavier than she wants to be, so I don’t think she wants to see the number!
Smart! A few extra lbs just means more T&A anyways!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
315x13 on squat is pretty impressive at that weight as well!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Full back squat
135x8
225x6
315x3
435x2
315x13

Strong Numbers !!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Full back squat
135x8
225x6
315x3
435x2
315x13

Strong Numbers !!
It’s not bad. I think I do a good job pulling all the stops for that last set. My peak weights are down, though. Once upon a time, I was able to hit 500.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today was another chest and back day. This round is normally a little higher volume because the weights I’m capable of using with my selected exercises are lower. Today, I was a little short on time, so I didn’t do as many sets as I like. That’s part of what I like about this sort of heavy duty type of training, as long as I get a good last set, the workout was fine.

Reverse grip bench press
135x10
225x6
315x8

Really happy here, I think my all time record was 9 or 10, not too far off. Pressing is going pretty well in general.

Overhand grip barbell rows with EZ bar
95x12
165x12
95x20

Guillotine bench press
135x10
225x12

Close neutral grip pull-ups
Bodyweight x 5

I swear I’m not that bad at pull-ups! This was just supposed to be the warmup set. I’m not great, but I can do more than 5!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have a love hate, relationship with pulls ups, Hate doing the but love the results !! Get those 5 more!!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Deadlifts today! I went ahead and mixed a serving of a DMHA preworkout with some Focus XT instead of just doubling up on on the Focus. That said, I felt excellent today. I don’t know if it’s the extra boost from that pre, the AlphaBuild kicking in, or something else, but today was fantastic!

Deadlifts I start from the rack, partly for easier changing of weights, but also I think I can get better time under tensions starting that way. So I just pull it out of the rack, start with a negative, touch the floor, and back up. Still full range and all, just starting at the top instead of from the bottom. If you’ve never tried this, you might blow your own mind with how much stronger you can be starting with the negative and building that energy. Anyway….

Deadlifts
135x8
225x6
315x4
+straps
455x6
315x12

After feeling “meh” on squats last time, and feeling like I was getting crushed on front squats before that, I wasn’t sure how well this next lower body day would go. Way better than normal, and possibly a PR. I don’t think I’ve ever done more than 5 with 450. After that, I was smoked, but did my back down set anyway. If I hadn’t done so many on the top set, I probably would have had 15 or so with how good I felt.

The arms workout to go along with this is pretty much a tri-set. I set my bench to a low incline, lay face down and curl it. I think this might be considered spider curls, but I don’t remember. I do that to work the peak contraction, pausing at the top. I set the weights down, switch the bench to a decline, lay down and do triceps extensions. If I do it skullcrusher style, it bothers my elbows, so I let the elbows drift outward. Set the weights down and set the bench to a low incline again, but lay face up and do incline hammer curls, getting a stretch with a slow negative to really get the brachialis. Same set of dumbells for each exercise.

20x12
30x10
40x8
55x18, 15, 10

Nice pump here, needless to say. Felt swole as hell the first couple hours at work too. Good day.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, I realized I’ve been forgetting to update in here. I did get updated measurements.

Thigh 24”
Waist at bellybutton 35.25”
Hips, around glutes 39.75”
Chest, around nipples 46.75”
Forearm 13.25”
Upper arm, relaxed, cold 15”
Upper arm, flexed, cold 17.25”
Upper arm, relaxed, pumped 15.5”
Upper arm, flexed, pumped 18”

A few weird things. Thigh and arm measurements are really similar, which is expected because I can’t build muscle that fast. The waist, hip, and chest measurements were all up, so I’m thinking I may have just been holding water or something. Hard to say. But looking at the forearm measurement, I think I did the last one wrong, because there’s no way my arms are an inch smaller! differences here may just be my own inconsistency. Whatever. I’ll keep updating, see what happens.

Well I tried taking some physique pics on my own, and I hate it. I never feel like the pictures I get reflect what I see on myself. Which is weird, because there’s been so many times I see a picture someone else takes and I’m surprised by how big I look, even though I don’t see it in the mirror. So I think the only way I’ll be happy is if I have them taken with a real camera, which we don’t have at the moment. I’m a ways into the log now anyway, so I guess I can just give subjective opinions on physique effects.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I’m the said with pics. Love of hate lol. Some times I’m like ok I look decent. Other times I’m like….. Is that really what I look like? keep up the good work and looking forward to the finished results!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can't take a Selfie for crap or maybe that's just how I look ???

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same! Lets just say it's our selfie taking skills and not how we look ;)

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m so sorry I haven’t been updating. I forgot to warn people ahead of time, I was off work last week. So I was home chilling with my family, got some housework done, but not on the phone too much. I’ve also been dreading trying to catch up on everything. So I’ll probably skip that and just pick it up here soon.

I had been updating on while on break at work, but service is so bad. Yesterday, stuff wouldn’t refresh, some things wouldn’t even connect. It was rough. But don’t worry, I’m still here!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’m the said with pics. Love of hate lol. Some times I’m like ok I look decent. Other times I’m like….. Is that really what I look like? keep up the good work and looking forward to the finished results!
Same! Lets just say it's our selfie taking skills and not how we look ;)
Maybe we all need to meet up and take pictures of each other? Wait, that sounds bad… never mind…