Jardine agrees to fight Liddell at UFC 76

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
After getting DEMOLISHED by Alexander I am not sure why he is fighting the most dominant light heavy in the game. Oh well, guess they are starting him off nice and easy.

JARDINE AGREES TO LIDDELL FIGHT

If Signed, Two Would Meet In UFC 76 Main Event Sept. 22

By Brian Knapp

Keith Jardine confirmed Monday he has verbally agreed to fight Chuck Liddell at UFC 76 Sept. 22 in Anaheim, Calif. Jardine (12-3-1) is on the mend following a surprising first-round TKO loss to newcomer Houston Alexander at UFC 71 in May.

“This fight has been talked about for a long time,” Jardine said. “The UFC has liked the way I’ve been fighting.”

Jardine, a product of Jackson’s Submission Fighting in Albuquerque, N.M., has won four of his six bouts inside the UFC’s Octagon, including a unanimous decision victory over Wilson Gouveia and a first-round TKO win over Forrest Griffin.

Liddell (20-4), perhaps the UFC’s biggest box office draw, is on the way back up the light heavyweight ladder after he surrendered the 205-pound title in a first-round TKO loss to Quinton Jackson at UFC 71 in May. He had reeled off seven straight wins – all by KO or TKO – prior to the loss.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the bout in an interview with YAHOO! SPORTS.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
yeah i dont know why he gets this shot either, i think maybe the fight was set to happen and the UFC expected Jardine to win over Alexander, or they are looking for an easy fight for Chuck to build his confidence, i dont know.

I like jardine as a fighter, but he got trounced by alexander.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I would hate to see Liddell lose again. I really like what he has done with this sport. He is such a recognized figure and I don't want to see him go down that road. I don't see him losing again like that though. He looked so damn nervous in the last fight!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I would hate to see Liddell lose again. I really like what he has done with this sport. He is such a recognized figure and I don't want to see him go down that road. I don't see him losing again like that though. He looked so damn nervous in the last fight!
I don't think Keith has much of a chance at KOing him. He doesn't have the power and if he does catch Chuck just right he'll recover quickly. Sooner or later Jardine will get caught, although he appears to be able to take some serious punishment.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
although he appears to be able to take some serious punishment.
Haha I thought that until I saw Alexander rape him. I must say I am excited to see Alexander fight again. That many looked like a damn psychopathic killer when stepping into the ring, he was definitely in the zone, looked scary. Not saying he will be great considering we have only seen 15 seconds of him but he definitely has potential.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Haha I thought that until I saw Alexander rape him. I must say I am excited to see Alexander fight again. That many looked like a damn psychopathic killer when stepping into the ring, he was definitely in the zone, looked scary. Not saying he will be great considering we have only seen 15 seconds of him but he definitely has potential.
Well, the Alexander fight is why I said that. He took like 8 punches/knees to the chin in row before he was KOed. He should have reacted a little more intelligently by falling to guard or something.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
Well, the Alexander fight is why I said that. He took like 8 punches/knees to the chin in row before he was KOed. He should have reacted a little more intelligently by falling to guard or something.
Jardine actually had about 3 flash knockouts in that fight...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 6
Bendiesel MMA 15
Bendiesel MMA 162
Rodja MMA 9
MentalTwitch MMA 60