It is impossible for me to gain weight!help

stringbean567

Awards
Ive been trying to gain weight for about the past month and absolutely nothing is happening-i've gained 3.5 pounds. Ive been eating everything insight but still i gain no weight on top of working out three days a week. I only weigh about 130 and am trying to get around 145 and i need help.what should i do??

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
A little more background info would be very helpful.

How old are you?
How long have you been lifting?
What kind of lifting are you doing?
Define "every thing in sight?"

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few things:
1. Stop weighing yourself consistently
2. It is not impossible; you just gain at a slow rate
3. Beef and lots of whole eggs

stringbean567

Awards
Ok, well im 16 and a junior in high school on the wrestling team. 5'9 weighing 130. I usually just do alot of military presses db bench presses, squats, bench, lat pull downs, and plenty of sit ups with weights and tons of pull ups and pushups.

stringbean567

Awards
by eggs do you mean raw in protein drinks and stuff

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Ive been trying to gain weight for about the past month and absolutely nothing is happening-i've gained 3.5 pounds. Ive been eating everything insight but still i gain no weight on top of working out three days a week. I only weigh about 130 and am trying to get around 145 and i need help.what should i do??
thats what i said... Check my transformation out 175 - 255lb in 11 months

stringbean567

Awards
alright ima try to take that one on. Will weight gainers also help? my brother used to work out alot and has an old container of this russian bear 5000 stuff, but i dont know anything about it

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
That's not I what I said. I said healthy. Gaining 80 lbs in less than year is horrible for your heart, BP, lipids, liver, etc.
Have had regular blood taken and check ups as was clearly a concern .. A OK and now the cut has begun, peel away the fat see whats left under the hood

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Hey man, sounds like you got most of the core exercises, big compound lifts are the way forward. Throw in some deadlifts, they are sweet for buildings mass, I love em.

Eat Heavy, Lift Heavy, Sleep Heavy. Just keep eating more until you notice that you put on a bit of fat. Then scale it back a bit or throw in some cardio.

You might be surprised how much steak and eggs and brown rice and oatmeal and chicken one guy can pack away!!

But most of all enjoy it :)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Drink whole milk. Drink olive oil. Eat peanut butter. Or add all of the above to pro. Shakes.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Drink whole milk. Drink olive oil. Eat peanut butter. Or add all of the above to pro. Shakes.

brent99

Awards
try eating 6 small meals a day. Has helped me. I was 140 and now gained 15 pounds in about a year doing that diet. But make sure its high protein and no bad carbs. Get your carbs from veggies and brown rice / whole grain.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
feel strong like a bull and got the lifts to prove it

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/146261-175lb-255-11months.html

lets get things completely straight before this kid reads your thread and gets the wrong idea.... this guy went from 175-255 by eating everything in site and RUNNING 2 CYCLES at the same time.... NOT something a 16 year old should even consider...

Stringbean - continue to train hard, while consuming as many healthy calories as you can. hell, throw in some dirty meals here and there if need be, just make sure you have a high daily calorie intake. lots of protein, carbs and healthy fats.... red meats, fish, chicken, rice and potatoes, oats/oatmeal, whole eggs and whole milk.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lets get things completely straight before this kid reads your thread and gets the wrong idea.... this guy went from 175-255 by eating everything in site and RUNNING 2 CYCLES at the same time.... NOT something a 16 year old should even consider...

Stringbean - continue to train hard, while consuming as many healthy calories as you can. hell, throw in some dirty meals here and there if need be, just make sure you have a high daily calorie intake. lots of protein, carbs and healthy fats.... red meats, fish, chicken, rice and potatoes, oats/oatmeal, whole eggs and whole milk.
QFT

If one consumes more CALORIES than what he expends then he will gain weight (unless you are diabetic or have other health issues). So in order to ensure that you get enough calories you have to MEASURE HOW MUCH you eat. If you eat everything in sight and it happens to be vegetables and lean protein your calories will come up short. Learn how to use fitday.com or comparable diet tracking software.

Forget the russian bear, period. Supps are not the answer to bulking basics.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
QFT

If one consumes more CALORIES than what he expends then he will gain weight (unless you are diabetic or have other health issues). So in order to ensure that you get enough calories you have to MEASURE HOW MUCH you eat. If you eat everything in sight and it happens to be vegetables and lean protein your calories will come up short. Learn how to use fitday.com or comparable diet tracking software.

Forget the russian bear, period. Supps are not the answer to bulking basics.

absolutely... i believe calorieking(.)com is another good site for diet tracking.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have never calorie tracked before except when i was logging. i dont have that much free time on my hands to long 5k calories when bulking. just eat whatever you can man and as much as you can. doesnt have to be lean. what is your breakfast like? here is mine:
wake up - nitrocore protein shake - 2 scoops - 400 cals, 48 g of protein, with 2 eggs, 2 cups of oatmeal oats, milk, ice cream, 1 banana and ice cubes. then wait 30 min and make real breakfast. that gives you like around 2k calories at breakfast. what a way to start your day

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't take this the wrong way kid but I guarantee you don't eat as many calories as you think. Fat people have the opposite problem, they always underestimate. Keep a log and count the calories of anything that you put into your mouth. Try to eat lean protein and veggies at least twice a day, but aside from that just eat calories. At your age you can get away with a looser diet than most. Eat 5000-6000 measurable calories a day and you will gain weight. Good luck and for Gods sake don't resort to PH's to get bigger.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3.5 <> nothing

If you gain 3.5 a month, then you'll reach 145 in 4 months. Not terrible at all.

What do you do for other activity? It might be easier to clip out other activity than to eat more as well. I recall one person who was a "hardgainer" who at one point said "well, I do play basketball for 1.5-2 hours 6 days a week".....

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
thats what i said... Check my transformation out 175 - 255lb in 11 months
You dont want to be like this guy.. he went from skinny fat to just plain fat...

I still have not seen your nutrition log... You may thing you are eating everything in sight, but I assure you, its just not enough. The ****ty thing of it is, you will never get where you are going without a road map....that’s where your nutritional plan comes into play... Now, a few rules to play by... If you put **** in your mouth, you get a ****ty body...If you put solid foods into your mouth, you become solid. As it was said earlier, EGGS, BEEF, CHICKEN, WHOLE GRAIN CARBS, FISH, GOOD FATS....don’t do McDonalds... or any other fast food.... I am guessing you need to be around 5000-6000 cals a day because your metabolism is probably lightning fast... all the cardio you are doing is not helping either...

Another thing you need to understand is that this is not an overnight deal... If you gain 3-4 lbs a month you should be ecstatic! hell when your testosterone really kicks in you will get swole.. Don’t turn to AAS. I would suggest you wait until you are at least 21, if not you could really screw up what nature has intended for your body.

So, your homework is to make a diet plan that gives you 5000cals a day from whole foods. Your macros should be about 35%protien, 30% fats, and 35% complex carbs... don’t do sugar as it hurts your testosterone. Don’t eat anything with high fructose corn syrup. That should be a good start.

Good luck kid, be patient