Unanswered Is Will Brink's Creatine Graveyard Accurate?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Will Brink's "Creatine Graveyard" is supposedly comprehensive and well-researched.

He believes that creatine monohydrate is still the best product, even over expensive other ones in cool marketing. He also believes putting it in warm water, with no loading, is enough.

Do you guys believe him?

Or, is there another product that has been proven to work better?

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes believe him. he not ever mess around that i find. he also do things on himself to experiment and report - i think current he doing iv n.a.d. infusions to test. he on show recent - forget which i listen many - but he say now there pretty much no bad creatine mono since so cheap (in old day he find contaminated and only say creapure - but no more) - so buy big bag of mono and put in coffee. yes any "special" creatine is no better than mono, just more expensive. and 5g is what take - if no athlete research on 2g this, 500mg that - run away. "buffered" is bs too - stomach acid cleave off "buffer" and leave mono - so just buy mono and take 5g/day.

Last edited:

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine HCL has superior absoprtion when compared to monohydrate. The 3 best form sof creatine are creatine monohydrate, creatine magnesium chelate and creatine HCL.

Of the 3, I rate creatine HCL in the #1 spot, as it has superior absoprtion to monohydrate, causes less bloating, causes less sub-q water retention, and doesn't cause the type of overall digestive distress monohydrate is known for.

I rank creatine magnesium chelate in the #2 spot, followed by creatine monohydrate in #3. Again, creatine magnesium chelate provides equal, if not superior absorption (the studies indicate it is superior in this regard) to monohydrate, while also causing less bloating, digestive distress and sub-q water retention.

Creatine HCL is also completely soluble in water, so it doesn't sink to the bottom of your drink.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes Creatine Monohydrate is still the best.

It’s super cheap and has so many studies behind it.

That examine article above sums it up pretty well.

3-5g creatine monohydrate will get you the benefits and be cheap. You should only need to look into others if stomach discomfort is an issue or if you want “what the creatine is attached to “ (ex: magnesium from MCC or the nitrate in CN, but keep in mind with those you still need adequate dose to hit enough actual creatine intake).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^Agreed with the above. Monohydrate still wins in terms of effectiveness and price.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m a Creapure fan. Cheap and effective for me. I don’t have issues with bloat, water retention, etc, so I just stick with regular creatine mono. And yep, I splurge the extra few $ creapure. Not necessary, but I like having the branded version.

MCC and HCI are great as well, and if you have the extra funds, certainly worth trying at some point to see if you like them more for some reason. For those that get GI discomfort or bloating issues, definitely check out MCC or HCI (SNS has great prices on both)

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Creatine HCL has superior absoprtion when compared to monohydrate. The 3 best form sof creatine are creatine monohydrate, creatine magnesium chelate and creatine HCL.

Of the 3, I rate creatine HCL in the #1 spot, as it has superior absoprtion to monohydrate, causes less bloating, causes less sub-q water retention, and doesn't cause the type of overall digestive distress monohydrate is known for.

I rank creatine magnesium chelate in the #2 spot, followed by creatine monohydrate in #3. Again, creatine magnesium chelate provides equal, if not superior absorption (the studies indicate it is superior in this regard) to monohydrate, while also causing less bloating, digestive distress and sub-q water retention.

Creatine HCL is also completely soluble in water, so it doesn't sink to the bottom of your drink.
Is there any actual research showing HCl to absorb better? Or cause less bloating? To my knowledge, that’s purely anecdotal. The less bloating is easy to explain, supplement companies recommend lower doses of HCl, lower doses of any form of creatine is less likely to cause bloat. I do absolutely agree that HCl, magnesium creatine, and even creatine nitrate are all far more soluble than monohydrate, but this far, I haven’t seen evidence for any to actually outperform mono.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Is there any actual research showing HCl to absorb better? Or cause less bloating? To my knowledge, that’s purely anecdotal. The less bloating is easy to explain, supplement companies recommend lower doses of HCl, lower doses of any form of creatine is less likely to cause bloat. I do absolutely agree that HCl, magnesium creatine, and even creatine nitrate are all far more soluble than monohydrate, but this far, I haven’t seen evidence for any to actually outperform mono.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
IIRC, creatine HCI helps users reach saturation quicker, but after that, it should act the same as mono

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IIRC, creatine HCI helps users reach saturation quicker, but after that, it should act the same as mono
Correct. All creatines technically "act" the same once saturation is reached. The benefits attached to one form of creatine over another typically revolve around absorption rates, digestion, intestinal/sub-q water retention, etc.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
See bold above: Yes, with both creatine HCL and creatine magnesium chelate.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For the price, creatine monohydrate is still the best. Like Mike Arnold mentioned above, there might be others that are "better" in certain categories, but you're probably not going to notice much of a difference unless you're someone who experiences bad bloating from monohydrate.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It seems like everyone wants to reinvent the wheel with creatine

And then add some £££ on top.

I bet most people are fine with mono but marketing turns there heads and suddenly it’s all ‘well I don’t want to load and it doesn’t sit well in my stomach’ etc

Kaged muscle released creaclear and suddenly it’s the best creatine in the world far better then mono...

And You just think, yeah you got played by marketing.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Creatine Mono is still hands down the best. There are other forms that may produce the same results, such as Creatine HCl or MCC. But they are not superior results. And they all still require 3-5g per day (or most days of the week). There is zero evidence you could use less HCl to get the same results as a larger dose of Mono for instance.

Creatine HCl as #1 is flawed. More solubility does not mean more PCr muscle saturation. It does however mean a lot more $$$. There is no convincing data to suggest HCl or MCC would cause less bloating in the majority of the population if you are taking micronized mono at intelligent doses.

Last edited:
Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Will Brink's "Creatine Graveyard" is supposedly comprehensive and well-researched.

He believes that creatine monohydrate is still the best product, even over expensive other ones in cool marketing. He also believes putting it in warm water, with no loading, is enough.

Do you guys believe him?

Or, is there another product that has been proven to work better?
Will Brink has underaged brown sex slaves working his creatine monohydrate factory in the islands for $2 a week.

I find it is best not to disagree with Harvard Will Brink.