Is there something wrong with my chest development?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
sound like to many reps to me...but try it and if works than its all good.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I think I might actually try this out, but I'm not sure how to work it into my current routine.

I've been thinking of switching my routine for a little while now, as I've been on this one for about 5-6 months now and the gains are coming sort of slow.

I've been thinking of switching to this routine:

Monday:chest and biceps
Tuesday:Legs
Thursday:shoulders and triceps
Saturday:Back

Would it be ok to work that chest workout into this routine? The reason I ask is because you said to work it every 5 days and with this routine I'd be working it every 7 days...

LMK and thanks for the suggestion.
I like your split for heavy training! If your going to do every 7 days you can go a little heavier on the BP, but the best thing to do is just give a try for a few cycles and see how it works out!

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
What an odd thread. It just goes to show everyone is different. I (like everyone else) felt I had an underdeveloped chest, and always have. During a down time in my workout career (cancer) I spent alot of time just doing pushups. I would do 3 or 4 sets of as many as I could do. then I would superset each set doing push-ups from my knees (girl style?). My chest grew more in those 3 months than it had the previous 10 years doing dumbell presses and minimal bench. Now that I'm free and clear I've been hitting the gym again and the pushups have fallen by the wayside b/c they just aren't as gratifying as setting PR's in the gym.

THAT said I've gone to DC in my core excersises and I alternate bi-weekly between reps and weight. Kinda like the bigvrunga. Just yesterday I beat my PR for flat bench (set 3 weeks earlier) by 65 pounds...really. I'm not much of a bencher, more of a dumbell guy but if figured I have to really focus on benching to get some good size. FWIW....happy lifting...and not much can beat creatine and quality protein for helping you out.

not like this thread needed another post.