Is there a least expensive insulin?

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, this question would best be answered on another forum. Or, even provide your secure e-mail address so people can send you sources and suggestions.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Oh, okay.. I only asked because I thought it was legal/over-the-counter... Sorry..

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my state insulin is legal but controlled. 400 a month is a **** load of insulin.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing the $400.00 per month is because she needs a LOT being she has no gall bladder. But I just have a feeling that whatever amount she needs, she's probably paying more than she has to. I don't know the whole story but she has no health insurance..

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats insane! Telling people what kind she needs would probably help. I know humalin-r at wall mart is around 20 bucks for 10mls. It must be expensive when ran at clinical doses because one vial is enough to last a bb a long time.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing the $400.00 per month is because she needs a LOT being she has no gall bladder. But I just have a feeling that whatever amount she needs, she's probably paying more than she has to. I don't know the whole story but she has no health insurance..
What does a gall bladder have to do with insulin?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I don't have the slightest clue...

mdts

Awards
i has basically nothing to do with insulin. Could be someone tring to scam sum money out of nice somaritins. Just a thought to much of that **** going on these days too many lazy people looking for easy money. Nice people get ripped off.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Something is fishy with $400 of insulin per month.

I take 25 units total per day on a 3000 kcal 30P/40C/30F diet.

Make it easy and assume she needs 33 units per day, thats 1000 per month. Just check prices on an online pharmacy: A 10mL vial (1000 units) of humalog is about $75 and Humulin-R is about $35.

Conceivably if she needs a fast acting and a basal insulin, her bill could amount to $400 but that would be for several months worth.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know a lot of diabetics who take about 70units a day. They also take a combo of R and N.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When the pancreas is shut down that's not a whole lot.