Irish Cannon Gets on AXIS...with AXIS (Hemodraulix + Kitchen Sink)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice reviews bud! Very detailed! :clap2:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice reviews bud! Very detailed! :clap2:
Yessir. ;)

- My LG stuff just came in! I'll be taking my Speed V2 with some coleus and a Muscle Milk in a few minutes. I've also got my BC+EAA, so I'll actually be using an intra-wo drink again. T-911 will start tomorrow with my Prime. :) - WOOOOOT!

After reading the ingredient list of Speed V2 again, I'm even more excited to try it. Check it:

Phenylethylamine
Theobromine
Evodia Fruit
Quercetin
Cissus Quandralangus
Bitter Orange
Geranium Oil
Piperine
B12

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volc, I'm so freaking stoked to be starting PRIME up. It's going to be glorious, I think. This stack should really shine. Hopefully my LG stuff will be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I'll be taking in the new Lipotropic Protein as well, so I'll have to give my thoughts on it. The PB was great, but I think this batch is different stuff since we can't produce the Gemma anymore.
How's your back in general? Will you be able to dive into your next phase at 100%? Or are you sticking to a (lumbar) modified workout? Are you doing TUT, DC or more volume based? I want to get an idea of your routine so I can get a picture of in which way you'll be exploiting your new stack.

I think your stack has a lot of potential for you. You already know you respond very well to T-911 (perhaps even Volcom'esque to PRIME well), so if the PRIME oils your system as well as it oils mine, this should be really exciting.

I really hope this turns out to be the double edged sword I think it can be.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's your back in general? Will you be able to dive into your next phase at 100%? Or are you sticking to a (lumbar) modified workout? Are you doing TUT, DC or more volume based? I want to get an idea of your routine so I can get a picture of in which way you'll be exploiting your new stack.

I think your stack has a lot of potential for you. You already know you respond very well to T-911 (perhaps even Volcom'esque to PRIME well), so if the PRIME oils your system as well as it oils mine, this should be really exciting.

I really hope this turns out to be the double edged sword I think it can be.
It will be a MUL routine, probably DC-based, but probably heavier volume, and no super-heavy squatting, obviously.

My lower back is still giving me some trouble. I can't do heavy squats or really push it too hard, but I seem to do okay with some of the other stuff like BB Hacks, Lunges, Squat Press, and I seem to be doing a little better with Deads to where I may try RDL's soon.

I'm not too worried about it. I seem to have made good progress regardless. If I saw my body in a state of decline, I wouldn't be so excited, but I've been doing pretty well.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will be a MUL routine, probably DC-based, but probably heavier volume, and no super-heavy squatting, obviously.

My lower back is still giving me some trouble. I can't do heavy squats or really push it too hard, but I seem to do okay with some of the other stuff like BB Hacks, Lunges, Squat Press, and I seem to be doing a little better with Deads to where I may try RDL's soon.

I'm not too worried about it. I seem to have made good progress regardless. If I saw my body in a state of decline, I wouldn't be so excited, but I've been doing pretty well.
Nice :147: I've had a lot of success pairing those two (contradictory) principles together (w/PRIME). I'm hitting 10 down to 5 reps, up to 5-6 sets, 4-5 exercises, same muscle group. The PRIME keeps my endurance up, increases absolute strength and keeps my strength elevated, deeper into my workout.

I think your plan is perfect for this supplement.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice :147: I've had a lot of success pairing those two (contradictory) principles together (w/PRIME). I'm hitting 10 down to 5 reps, up to 5-6 sets, 4-5 exercises, same muscle group. The PRIME keeps my endurance up, increases absolute strength and keeps my strength elevated, deeper into my workout.

I think your plan is perfect for this supplement.
So do you feel I should go back to a regular bodybuilding split but treat it more like a DC workout, just with higher volume?

Back/Bis
Chest/Tris
Delts/Legs

?

What would be your exact recommendation?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So do you feel I should go back to a regular bodybuilding split but treat it more like a DC workout, just with higher volume?

Back/Bis
Chest/Tris
Delts/Legs

?

What would be your exact recommendation?
My recommendation is to do whatever you know you respond well to, but add more weight.

I believe your cutting, si? Or recomp I think? Either way, you prefer the hitting it heavy, to maintain strength on a cut approach, verdad? Yet traditionally, you tend to get stronger in spite of the cut. Whatever it is you do to achieve this effect, do that, but add more weight and if the strength is there, add more volume.

Due to the fact that I have a tendency to either move up in weight in "something" from session to session (or stay the same), I don't like limiting myself to 3-4 sets bar-none, because when I get those surprise strength boosts, I like having the liberty to keep it going and the next time, I'll increase my base weight.

For example, tonight on the bench,
225lbs x 10
275lbs x 10
295lbs x 6
295lbs x 6 (again? I wasn't expecting that, so I went again)
295lbs x 5 reps (had I hit 6, I would have gone another set)

Basically, I'll pyramid up until I reach a weight I can only press 5-7 times, then I'll stay at that weight and go until my reps drop below 5 reps. It's my method of combining high intensity, with high volume.

If you're sticking with DC, PRIME is great for that as well. The increased absolute strength is just right for something like DC, however, I don't feel you fully exploit the muscle endurance effect, such as being able to move deeper into your sets while maintaining a high level of performance.

Either way, I stick by my original recommendation, do what you have traditionally done in this situation in terms of principle style, splits & frequency, but up the intensity and potentially up the volume.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, I'll really have to give this some thought on how I'm going to have everything setup. So I want to do relatively high-volume, but probably involve some DC sets. I want to stretch the rep range from 12 down to 3. I want to focus on strength improvement, thus improving body composition in the process. I only want to do resistance training 3x/wk, but I could also do some plyometric exercises and cardio on other days.

I may actually do something where it will be a DC workout; however, after I've done the 3 warmup, and 1 RP set (6 sets total), I'll pick another exercise and do another RP set, making for 9 total sets. - But even that sounds lower than what I want.

Grr. I'll really have to think some more.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I decided on a couple new tattoos I'll be getting.

Stretching from the middle of my abdomen of to the left side of my obliques, replacing the words "Join or Die" with "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death":

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I decided on a couple new tattoos I'll be getting.

Stretching from the middle of my abdomen of to the left side of my obliques, replacing the words "Join or Die" with "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death":

Cool! :D Do you have any tattoos right now? I kind of remember seeing one on you.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool! :D Do you have any tattoos right now? I kind of remember seeing one on you.
Ya, on the inside of my left bicep, it's a Celtic knot symbolizing the Trinity (with the ring through the center for eternal love) and my family clan motto written in Gaelic beside it.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like it. I've thought about a tattoo, but then I always wonder what it will look like when I'm 50. Bleh. Maybe I'll get a small one someday when I have the money. :lol:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Ya, on the inside of my left bicep, it's a Celtic knot symbolizing the Trinity (with the ring through the center for eternal love) and my family clan motto written in Gaelic beside it.
Thats a pretty sick tat! I have never wanted anything on me cause I know I probably won't want it later, but I have never found anything that I think would be something significant enough to be on me forever. That is what I like about your its isn't really flashing and it has a deeper meaning. Well played sir!:afro:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it. I've thought about a tattoo, but then I always wonder what it will look like when I'm 50. Bleh. Maybe I'll get a small one someday when I have the money. :lol:
Don't you have a hot mom that's about that age? In that case, I wouldn't worry about it! ;)

And go with a bigger one if you get it, just make sure it's in a good spot. People always seem to regret the small tattoos.

Thats a pretty sick tat! I have never wanted anything on me cause I know I probably won't want it later, but I have never found anything that I think would be something significant enough to be on me forever. That is what I like about your its isn't really flashing and it has a deeper meaning. Well played sir!:afro:
Thanks, man! You're right that you really have to be certain you're going to want it. Most tattoos I see I'm sure people regret getting. Some of them are so stupid.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no idea how much Formestane I just applied. It wasn't coming out of the pump anymore, so I just poured it on myself. It seemed about right. :dunno:

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't you have a hot mom that's about that age? In that case, I wouldn't worry about it! ;)

And go with a bigger one if you get it, just make sure it's in a good spot. People always seem to regret the small tattoos.
My mom is actually 42. And yes, she is very pretty for having had 7 children! LOL. She looks stressed out all of the time, but still sexy for her age.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My mom is actually 42. And yes, she is very pretty for having had 7 children! LOL. She looks stressed out all of the time, but still sexy for her age.
42 is just about my favorite age on a woman. 37-43ish is where it's at. Gawwwwsh they're hot.

I was talking with one today but then after 6 or 7 minutes of conversation she brought up her husband. DANG IT! I honestly didn't even notice her ring that entire time.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
42 is just about my favorite age on a woman. 37-43ish is where it's at. Gawwwwsh they're hot.

I was talking with one today but then after 6 or 7 minutes of conversation she brought up her husband. DANG IT! I honestly didn't even notice her ring that entire time.
Haha! It's funny to think that you would be more attracted to my mom than you would be to me. :18:

You're new thread cracks me up. :p

goracer

Awards
I like the Irish one but I don't get the snake? I met a guy at a party and all the guys start doing the lets show our tats thing and he had something Galic on his chest, some Irish flag and some other stuff. Anyhow, what does the broken snake mean?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the Irish one but I don't get the snake? I met a guy at a party and all the guys start doing the lets show our tats thing and he had something Galic on his chest, some Irish flag and some other stuff. Anyhow, what does the broken snake mean?
It's the picture that was on Ben Franklin's political cartoon "Join, or Die." - It symbolized the necessary unification of the colonies.

I associate myself strongly with liberty, libertarian ideology, and the libertarian party. - I've also considered getting the "Don't Tread on Me" tattooed in place of that one.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol IC I love the avi and sig above it :lol:

Jacoby

Awards
That tat would be sick. You should get a replica $100 bill with your face instead of Franklin. That or the Jameson Whiskey symbol.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I know how you love spazzy little asian folk.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEY8NGtuD0&feature=related"]YouTube - 13 Year Old Japanese Boxing Prodigy[/ame]

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is sooo awesome. Im not at all ashamed to admit it but when I was doing Maui Thai, some 13 year old beat my ass. I was proud of him lol. When he was doing his kicks on the bags, it would shake the rafters in the gym..:head: