INTERLEUKIN 15 (IL-15) what is it exactly ??

tbonz169

Awards
It is a good thing, when you have an infection. Amplifying the immune response when u dont need it can be quite dangerous, especially if overstimulation would occur. I'm not sure to what extent this would occur with those dosages. How are people injecting this, are people using it like prostaglandin2a, where its more like a spot injection?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What kinds of negative effects can be expected if it does increase immune response dramatically?

tbonz169

Awards
Lymphocytosis which is basicly an elevated lymphocyte count. This can cause enlargement of lymph nodes and the spleen.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
It is a good thing, when you have an infection. Amplifying the immune response when u dont need it can be quite dangerous, especially if overstimulation would occur. I'm not sure to what extent this would occur with those dosages. How are people injecting this, are people using it like prostaglandin2a, where its more like a spot injection?
Uhm... actually i thought the opposite with your first post, but i'm relieved now.

All depends on dosage and on the peak in the blood plasma... a continuous sustained release at a lower dose would probably have no bad consequences... unless you have an auto-immune disease.

supercrunch

supercrunch

Awards
Uhm... actually i thought the opposite with your first post, but i'm relieved now.

All depends on dosage and on the peak in the blood plasma... a continuous sustained release at a lower dose would probably have no bad consequences... unless you have an auto-immune disease.

so looking at the above posts you could run 50mcg for 20 days. with 1mg of IL-15.

supercrunch

supercrunch

Awards
I have been reading up on this and have found that IL-2 is very similar in effects on T cells and the immune system. I can't seem to find any info saying that IL-2 is comparable to IL-15 for skeletal muscle growth. My reason for comparing the two is because there is a available IM injection of IL-2 on the market for Aids and cancer patients. The dosages are way up there!

Here is a pdf on dosing and effects of IL-2

IL-2

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I have been reading up on this and have found that IL-2 is very similar in effects on T cells and the immune system. I can't seem to find any info saying that IL-2 is comparable to IL-15 for skeletal muscle growth. My reason for comparing the two is because there is a available IM injection of IL-2 on the market for Aids and cancer patients. The dosages are way up there!

Here is a pdf on dosing and effects of IL-2

IL-2
Uhm, this is some scary stuff...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok, if IL-15 is even remotely as dangerous, then I think I'll skip, thank you very much.

freakyguy

Awards
stupid question: ug= what? if i am understanding this what is being said is a ug is an mcg. And an mcg is what on a slin pin? dont think i included all factors but i guess what i am trying to figure out is: on the web site prospec.com they are selling rhgh at 100 ug for $50.00 how many iu's would that be? were are we finding the conversion table for this?

supercrunch

supercrunch

Awards
Guys don't get me wrong here I was just posting the info on IL-2 that is on the market. Many of the reports I have read show that IL-2 and IL-15 are similar, yet have major differences in action. The IL-15 is always present in hypertrophy yet I cannot find where IL-2 is a major player where that is concerned. I simply posted the info because I found it interesting for dosing effects because the two are similar compounds. I don't know if that has any relevance at all, I just wanted to spark more interest in this thread. lets keep this thread alive!

supercrunch

supercrunch

Awards
Guys don't get me wrong here I was just posting the info on IL-2 that is on the market. Many of the reports I have read show that IL-2 and IL-15 are similar, yet have major differences in action. The IL-15 is always present in hypertrophy yet I cannot find where IL-2 is a major player where that is concerned. I simply posted the info because I found it interesting for dosing effects because the two are similar compounds. I don't know if that has any relevance at all, I just wanted to spark more interest in this thread. lets keep this thread alive!

well bros I found some good news and bad. MARBLE at Musclechemisty.com was able to help us out on this topic. seems as though there is hope in the future but as of now it is toooo dangerous. Here is MARBLES post:

the new IL-15 bible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's spelled "pique". the quick answer is that it's not ready for primetime similar to how igf-i alone wasn't ready until modified to the lr3igf-i analog, and will lead to muscle loss unless you use small amounts. something that makes your body produce it may be a good bodybuilding drug someday in small doses. IL-15 isn't a good bodybuilding drug right now. anyway, here's a brief run-down:

the interleukin family is not really a set of hormones, but a set of cytokines instead. it's produced locally for the most part and it is really much more specific to immune system function, not muscle growth or cell growth in general.

il-15 in particular is very similar to il-2 and both seem to heavily modulate the attack functions of the immune response. its major systemic job is more to stimulate the growth of many different immune cells, including T, B, and TIL's. it also can be used to trigger and localize these attacks; if it's expressed in a given tissue killer NK cells will be more likely to come to and attack it.

in addition to these properties, though, it does indeed seem to act directly on skeletal muscle. this is really weird and wasn't expected. it only leads to myotube hypertrophy (similar to androgens) and not myoblast proliferation or differentiation (similar to igf-i).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...t_uids=14499665
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...t_uids=12372339

it does seem to be make up a good part of the amount of "genetic potential" people have. studies have found variations in its production correlate highly with the degree to which people respond to resistance training:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...t_uids=15531573

but the $1,000 question is whether this translates to meaning that really high levels would mean a lot more muscle growth. the answer is "no, because you're going to make your body kill your own muscle." using too much of this or for too long would probably give you idiopathic inflammatory myopathy, which is actually associated with muscle wasting, and has a 5-year mortality rate of 20%. essentially, the high levels of il-15 will cause those killer t-cells to viciously attack your muscle.

http://intimm.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/full/14/8/917

so, small amounts may help, but you have to be very careful. i have to warn against systemic use, particularly when combined with insulin. the combination of these two will probably cause your body to initiate a massive attack on your own pancreas leading to bad type 1 diabetes. there's also no guarantee it'll seep into muscle cells very well once it's in your system broadly. it has an extremely short serum half-life to boot.

http://www.jbc.org/cgi/content/full/272/4/2312

if you were determined to go ahead anyway, signalling cytokines or something like this monoclonal antibody, mAb35, would be more targeted and interesting than direct systemic administration of il-15, which led to no net growth of muscle in healthy rats. in fact, use of this antibody can actually lead to long-term wasting of muscle because the immune system beats it to shreds. the one in which there was growth was in those with tumors, and given il-15's role in the immune system, this is hardly a good test.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...t_uids=11585642
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...t_uids=11287118
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...2&dopt=Abstract

if something stimulating muscular IL-15 production is ever used by bodybuilding, proper dosage will be critical to making it work, and it'll be pretty risky.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure we will be seeing all kinds of conflicting info as these new compounds become available to the public....people, please be careful, this is YOUR life....

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Gotta say guys, awesome fucking thread. Very informative.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nonetheless, it does give note to potential gravity of the drug we are all so seemingly eagerly licking our chops at. It definitely warrants more look into potential sides similar to IL2.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I know your intentions bro :)
My point is that various types of interleukins are very different one from the other.

From CME of ALR:
"A note of serious interest. There is also an Interleukin-6. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! It is used by AIDS patients as immunocytochemical. This means it modulates an immune reaction to infection. It creates an inflammatory reaction and very high cortisol levels while suppressing IGF-1 and Androgen levels."

No mention about IL-2. I havent read the studies posted recently in this thread yet, but my point is that IL-2 looks more similar to IL-6 than IL-15 to me. Its targeted to cancer patients instead of AIDS ones, but those cures often act with similar pathways.
Nonetheless, we need more data about IL-15 before considering it "safe". With various types of "death" as side effect, its not something one sane would even thinking to try.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I think the deaths here are more related to ther severety of illness in which it is used for treatment,not to the substance itself.

I could be wrong,though,but I didn´t find anything that said IL-2 or 15 is deadly.

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Here is an interesting article on the effects of IL-15 on muscle

Overexpression of Interleukin-15 Induces Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy in Vitro: Implications for Treatment of Muscle Wasting Disorders

LeBris S. Quinnb, a, 1, Barbara G. Andersonc, a, Rolf H. Drivdahlc, d, Belén Alvareze and Josep M. Argilése

a Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 98195
d Division of Nutrition, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 98195
b Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Tacoma, Washington, 98493
c Research Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Tacoma, Washington, 98493
e Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

Received 18 April 2002; revised 12 July 2002. Available online 2 October 2002.

Abstract

Interleukin-15 (IL-15) is a novel anabolic factor for skeletal muscle which inhibits muscle wasting associated with cancer (cachexia) in a rat model. To develop a cell culture system in which the mechanism of the anabolic action of IL-15 on skeletal muscle could be examined, the mouse C2 skeletal myogenic cell line was transduced with a retroviral expression vector for IL-15 and compared to sister cells transduced with a control vector. Overexpression of IL-15 induced fivefold higher levels of sarcomeric myosin heavy chain and
-actin accumulation in differentiated myotubes. Secreted factors from IL-15-overexpressing myogenic cells, but not from control cells, induced increased myofibrillar protein accumulation in cocultured control myotubes. IL-15 overexpression induced a hypertrophic myotube morphology similar to that described for cultured myotubes which overexpressed the well-characterized anabolic factor insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I). However, in contrast to IGF-I, the hypertrophic action of IL-15 on skeletal myogenic cells did not involve stimulation of skeletal myoblast proliferation or differentiation. IL-15 induced myotube hypertrophy at both low and high IGF-I concentrations. Furthermore, in contrast to IGF-I, which stimulated only protein synthesis under these culture conditions, IL-15 both stimulated protein synthesis and inhibited protein degradation in cultured skeletal myotubes. These findings indicate that IL-15 action on skeletal myogenic cells is distinct from that of IGF-I. Due to the ability of IGF-I to stimulate cell division and its association with several forms of cancer, controversy exists concerning the advisability of treating cachexia or age-associated muscle wasting with IGF-I. Administration of IL-15 or modulation of the IL-15 signaling pathway may represent an alternative strategy for maintaining skeletal muscle mass under these conditions.

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Also this article stated IL-15 has some effects on adipose tissue as wellEffects of interleukin-15 (IL-15) on adipose tissue mass in rodent obesity models: evidence for direct IL-15 action on adipose tissue

Belén Alvareza, Neus Carbóa, JoaquÃ*n López-Sorianoa, Rolf H. Drivdahlb, c, SÃ*lvia Busquetsa, Francisco J. López-Sorianoa, Josep M. Argilés, , a and LeBris S. Quinn, , d, e

a Departament de BioquÃ*mica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
b Research Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Tacoma, WA, USA
c Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
d Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Tacoma, WA, USA
e Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA

Received 14 August 2001; revised 6 December 2001; accepted 13 December 2001. Available online 1 February 2002.

Abstract

Interleukin-15 (IL-15) is a proinflammatory cytokine with multifunctional effects outside the immune system. Previous studies have indicated that treatment of normal rats with IL-15 reduces white adipose tissue (WAT) mass, but it was unclear if these effects were direct or indirect. In the present study, the effects of IL-15 on WAT mass and lipid metabolism were studied in two genetic models of obesity: the leptin receptor-negative fa/fa Zucker rat and the leptin-deficient ob/ob mouse. Lean Zucker rats, lean (+/+), and obese mice (ob/ob) responded to IL-15 with reductions in WAT mass and lipoprotein lipase activity (LPL), with no decreases in food intake. In contrast, fa/fa Zucker rats did not respond to IL-15 administration by any of the above measures of fat mass or lipid metabolism. In addition, ribonuclease protection assays (RPAs) were used to demonstrate that all three subunits (
c,
and
) of the IL-15 receptor complex are expressed by rat and mouse WAT, suggesting that the effects of IL-15 on adipose tissue metabolism could be direct. Additionally, the fa/fa rats expressed 84% lower levels of the
c signaling receptor subunit than lean Zucker rats, suggesting this decrease may play a role in the lack of adipose tissue response to IL-15 in the fa/fa genotype and lending further support for a direct action of IL-15 on adipose tissue.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think the deaths here are more related to ther severety of illness in which it is used for treatment,not to the substance itself.

I could be wrong,though,but I didn´t find anything that said IL-2 or 15 is deadly.
IL-2 has been linked to heart problems. Let me look it up a second....

(edit to follow with link)

EDIT:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15823291

Btw, you asked the same thing in my rIL15 thread in the Muscle-Research forum where I also posted this study.

Anyway, this study shows that high levels of IL-2 seem to be an indicator for eminent stroke or vascular disease. Mind you this can mean 1 of 2 things:

1) IL2 can cause it
2) IL2 levels are raised to try to delay or prevent it

Oh the irony. In one case it is very deadly, while in the other it actually helps.

french_muscle

Awards
  • Established
IL-2 :A hormone-like substance released by stimulated T lymphocytes, causes activation and differentiation of other T lymphocytes independently of antigen.

A type of interleukin, a chemical messenger, a substance that can improve the body's response to disease. It stimulates the growth of certain disease-fighting blood cells in the immune system.

It is secreted by Thl CD4 cells to stimulate CD8 cytotoxic T-1yrnphocytes. Interleukin 2 also increases the proliferation and maturation of the CD4 cells themselves. During HIV infection, Interleukin-2 production gradually declines.

Use of interleukin 2 therapy is under study as a way to raise CD4 cell counts and restore immune function.

IL-15 :Cytokine that stimulates the proliferation of T-lymphocytes and shares biological activities with il-2. Il-15 also can induce b-lymphocyte proliferation and differentiation.

The scientists don't even know what kind of impact the use of those interleukins can have, I guess that patients suffering from AIDS that are using it are guinea pigs, the anabolic activity of IL-15 is only A PART of the physiological effects it has... now one who's using that stuff should choose between building muscle or developping a leukemia or any immune system related disease ... big deal... I'd personally go with IGF

GB-Marble

Awards
okay guys, this is marble, primarily of getbig and also of musclechemistry because they have cheap lr3igf-i. :D i'm here to save you from yourselves. :p thanks to supercrunch for digging me up.

i'll answer a few of your questions directly, and then repost my information somewhat revised for clarity (and working links) in a new thread.

you have to understand these are targeted towards people with impaired immune systems such as aids patients. it's not such a great anabolic they can't keep aids patients off it. IL-15 and IL-2 have the primary job of modulating the attack functions of the immune system. it's a funky evolutionary quirk that IL-15 happens to build muscle in vitro too. for individuals whose immune systems are compromised it may represent an extreme benefit to them in preventing wasting and increasing health. for us, it is very dangerous and probably counterproductive.

ug's are supposed to be mu - grams, or micrograms, or mcg. the greek letter for micro looks a lot like a u so it's used in place for keyboards like this which don't do greek. :D

DOCTREMBLAY

Awards
OUCH

so 1 month supply of both is about $4000-$5500 ?????????????????/

I am getting this right about 50mcg per day of each item ?

hell I'll try it for amonth, but I want to make sure i got the dosing correct ?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so 1 month supply of both is about $4000-$5500 ?????????????????/

I am getting this right about 50mcg per day of each item ?

hell I'll try it for amonth, but I want to make sure i got the dosing correct ?
Did you not read the last post???

This #### is death in a bottle.

Cosmo

Awards
.20-.50 mcg per kilogram a day... so a 200lb person would get around 45mcg a day if you went on the high end of dosing 200 divided by 2.2 times .50

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
.20-.50 mcg per kilogram a day... so a 200lb person would get around 45mcg a day if you went on the high end of dosing 200 divided by 2.2 times .50
In people with normal immune systems, it stimulates the immune system to the point where it attacks their muscle tissue wherever it is injected. The end result is that the muscle gained from it is FAR less than the muscle destroyed by your own immune system due to it.

On top of that, the massive boost in your immune system is likely to cause a whole host of problems including but not limited to certain forms of leukemia as well as Type 1 diabetes.

Last edited:
Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
In people with normal immune systems, it stimulates the immune system to the point where it attacks their muscle tissue wherever it is injected. The end result is that the muscle gained from it is FAR less than the muscle destroyed by your own immune system due to it.

On top of that, the massive boost in your immune system is likely to cause a whole host of problems including but not limited to certain forms of leukemia as well as Type 2 diabetes.
Are you sure you're not confusing with IL-2?

FreakNasty22

Awards
to reply to your thread freakyguy, 1mg of rHGH=3iu's
yes ug is a symbol for micrograms
100ug is 100micrograms there are 1000micrograms in 1milligram and 1milligram=3iu's hgh
so you have 1/10 of 3iu'swhich wouldn't even be enough for a dose, and the price is pretty high bro