Inception!

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Anybody else see this?! I didn't see any posts about it! I usually skip movies, specially at the theater, I think I've seen 2/3 counting Inception...

I have to say its probably my favorite newer movie! I didn't pay for my ticket, but I would've probably the only movie I think that was worth money to watch! (I sound cheap! lol) It actually was well thought up and made!

Anybody else with me on this?!

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I meant to see this last weekend but it was awesome weather out so I was outside the whole time. Definitely want to see it, hopefully I'll make it there this weekend. It's been a really bad summer for movies but now with Inception and The Expendables and Machete to look forward to it's looking up.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i thought it looked dumb, and since i didn't like the batman movies, i didn't figure in seeing it, but with all the hype from everyone i know loving it and adding it to their favorite movies list i suppose i will have to go see it

i'd rather see the expendables.....what other movie besides this has that much juice flowing through it...i mean honestly haha

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
It's actually a pretty good movie.....very thought provoking. If you don't pay attention you'll get lost.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Yeah, I was confused during the commercial, not sure if I just didn't watch it or what, but it just showed a world like falling apart, much different then the movie really was..
I just am sick of all movies sucking, then watching classics and saying they don't even try with movies anymore. all new movies are either scary, comedies, or bad action and none of those are worth seeing more then once if even once.

Has anybody seen Knight and Day, that movie was TERRIBLE!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody else see this?! I didn't see any posts about it! I usually skip movies, specially at the theater, I think I've seen 2/3 counting Inception...

I have to say its probably my favorite newer movie! I didn't pay for my ticket, but I would've probably the only movie I think that was worth money to watch! (I sound cheap! lol) It actually was well thought up and made!

Anybody else with me on this?!
I thought the movie was an epic masterpiece!!

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
fight scene of the year! when the car was rolling for the hotel fight. It wasn't superb fighting but how the physics were working!! wow!

dusty

dusty

Awards
Great movie (Inception), right behind The Dark Night and Shutter Island

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna see it tonight. Can't wait! :yup:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Without giving too much away, I was utterly impressed by the movie: beautifully shot, adept editing, great score, and an exceedingly original concept.

In my opinion, the movie is a biography of the movie in-general - or in other words, it is about itself as a movie, from the concept and characters forward.

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
Without giving too much away, I was utterly impressed by the movie: beautifully shot, adept editing, great score, and an exceedingly original concept.

In my opinion, the movie is a biography of the movie in-general - or in other words, it is about itself as a movie, from the concept and characters forward.
Yeah! I saw the cd, I listened to the few tracks, I was confused why it was all music made just for the music and no hip music, then I realized, oh its a real masterpiece, not just some summer teen movie... lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

well I'm sold :32:

BamaDog

BamaDog

Awards
I am glad to hear it was good, I have been wanting to see it since I saw the previous a few months back and a couple of people said they didn't like it which I found weird.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was definitely worth seeing. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't label it as a favorite, though. Everyone kept telling me it was a "thinking" movie which I always enjoy. It turned out those people are retarded and just have a hard time focusing on a movie with depth. It was pretty straight-forward, IMO.

manicstudio

Awards
It was definitely worth seeing. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't label it as a favorite, though. Everyone kept telling me it was a "thinking" movie which I always enjoy. It turned out those people are retarded and just have a hard time focusing on a movie with depth. It was pretty straight-forward, IMO.
Isn't that tha defination of a "thinking" movie; a "thinking" movie...the movie was str8 forward imo opinion...but if u a creative n deep thinker...it could seed inspirations n thoughts while watching it...hence making it a "thinking" movie. The plot and arc of the movie does not have to govern whether its a thinking or not...but the ideas n thoughts its suggest.

manicstudio

Awards
*Definition of a "thinking" movie...a "movie with depth"

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
saw it on an imax screen, the best way to see it imo. me and the mrs. liked it

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't that tha defination of a "thinking" movie; a "thinking" movie...the movie was str8 forward imo opinion...but if u a creative n deep thinker...it could seed inspirations n thoughts while watching it...hence making it a "thinking" movie. The plot and arc of the movie does not have to govern whether its a thinking or not...but the ideas n thoughts its suggest.
I always considered it a book or film that had the reader/viewer in question of unanswered outcomes and definitive endings.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
It was pretty good, although I would have edited it better especially the 3 level It was monotonous as to draw away from the climax. The beginning also seemed a bit loose.The ending was good though =) . I'd give it a 7.5-8/10

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN INCEPTION YET DO NOT READ

dido man..does anyone have theories bout the movie..its has so many plot fold in it so many possibilities. Obviously at the end it was still a dream.. Perhaps limbo.. Anythought on the fact that ur not supose to ever let someone use ur totem and the main char was using his wifes. And in them movie it never actually fell on it own..Leads me to believe its all a dream..Also the paradox how the movie starts with the asian guy and ends with it! Nuts!!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
It was pretty good, although I would have edited it better especially the 3 level It was monotonous as to draw away from the climax. The beginning also seemed a bit loose.The ending was good though =) . I'd give it a 7.5-8/10

I felt pretty much the same, except I would have scored it lower, the cgi effects were great, the fights and actions scenes were good, the story was alright, but the movie didnt live up to all the hype it was getting, at least to me, but to each his own.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dun spoiled dat der movie
lol bro I would edit your post out of respect for people who have not seen the movie. But I agree. I saw the movie with a bearded Irishmen (possible reason) and he had the complete opposite reaction to the ending as I. I love movies like that. :bigok:

Texan281

Awards
dido man..does anyone have theories bout the movie..its has so many plot fold in it so many possibilities. Obviously at the end it was still a dream.. Perhaps limbo.. Anythought on the fact that ur not supose to ever let someone use ur totem and the main char was using his wifes. And in them movie it never actually fell on it own..Leads me to believe its all a dream..Also the paradox how the movie starts with the asian guy and ends with it! Nuts!!
Way to give it away, bro lol but IMO i think it would have been better if it wasnt a dream. I watched it with my mom and she brought up a good point as she noticed the kids haven't aged at all. Also, there is clues to it being a dream the entire movie. The old asian guy is Saito who has grown old in limbo.

I loved this movie! It is so hard to find a movie that is this great and original. People who havent seen it GO SEE IT!

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
lol bro I would edit your post out of respect for people who have not seen the movie. But I agree. I saw the movie with a bearded Irishmen (possible reason) and he had the complete opposite reaction to the ending as I. I love movies like that. :bigok:
I was going to ask if you just made out the whole time, but I'm pretty sure this is the only movie I would've payed to see and told a girl to gtfo if she tried to kiss me during the movie.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Way to give it away, bro lol but IMO i think it would have been better if it wasnt a dream. I watched it with my mom and she brought up a good point as she noticed the kids haven't aged at all. Also, there is clues to it being a dream the entire movie. The old asian guy is Saito who has grown old in limbo.

I loved this movie! It is so hard to find a movie that is this great and original. People who havent seen it GO SEE IT!

Yea there is that point and they were also in the clothe at the same place. Kids that age grow mad fast so even if he was just gone a little they would be diff..guess i'll delete my other post..thought this thread was for people who saw it sorry peps..

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
This movie like many of knoll and leonardo's movies once again epicly proves that people today want to see good real movies.. Not just cookie cutter crappy spoofs and romance comedys or super over the top violet shoot um up movies with no character involvement. People want complex characters and original plots that you actually care bout by the end of the movie.. Thanks knoll

BamaDog

BamaDog

Awards
I have heard this exact same thing from a few people now, which is somewhat disappointing.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I have heard this exact same thing from a few people now, which is somewhat disappointing.
Its a thinking movie a deep movie a wonderful movie if you decide to think outside the box and see whats actually going on..Which is the beauty of the movie.. Cobb was tricked the whole movie so I wouldn't expect many people to walk out of the movie and get it. Lots my friends didn't get it. Still they loved the movie. I just saw it for he second time bout an hour go and still have a couple of theories.. It comes down to what kind of person you are.. Weither you question things or just go with the flow and listen to the obvious..imo

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
was scared to open this thread because if possible spoilers, but two dip sh*ts at work today was talking about it in the break room and fu*king ruined it for me... still going to watch it though i guess..

manicstudio

Awards
Its a thinking movie a deep movie a wonderful movie if you decide to think outside the box and see whats actually going on..Which is the beauty of the movie.. Cobb was tricked the whole movie so I wouldn't expect many people to walk out of the movie and get it. Lots my friends didn't get it. Still they loved the movie. I just saw it for he second time bout an hour go and still have a couple of theories.. It comes down to what kind of person you are.. Weither you question things or just go with the flow and listen to the obvious..imo
SPOILERS SPOILERSSsssssssssssssssssss......................................

EXACTLY wha I been saying... but when u think u got it...other theories pop in ur head.
For instance, ok if it was all a dream from the asian guy...so that means tha dream was 3 levels deep for the mission plus tha one to get fisher n limbo which 4....but then tha overall dream make it 5 levels deep unless I'm mistaken...so did leonardo just accept it as a dream...and his team as projectors as he looked around at the end...was he amazed at tha complexes n details created that he couldn't imagine wit his wife. So did he just give up n decide to live wit tha projectors...and is tha old asian dude is tha original dreamer how is tha real level of him being old tha last level n not tha first...which leo should woke up into....so is limbo not consider a level, therefore its a veil over tha otha levels no matter what order it reveals itself????? My brains hurts lol jk

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
it was eh. and everybody is like "well u just didn't get the meaning or significance". and i did get the message behind it. it was just very long and slow at time, it was like ok come on get on with it. plus i hate the girl from juno so that didn't help. IMO go to a matinee or bargain night to see it. it was still a good movie, but the batman's were waaayyyy better.

manicstudio

Awards
it was eh. and everybody is like "well u just didn't get the meaning or significance". and i did get the message behind it. it was just very long and slow at time, it was like ok come on get on with it. plus i hate the girl from juno so that didn't help. IMO go to a matinee or bargain night to see it. it was still a good movie, but the batman's were waaayyyy better.
That's tha same thing. I said bout batman... I just. Like the jokers parts...didnr give a damn bout batman his stupid gf or his other friends...just like tha dark parts. They should make a joker movie without batman if heath ledger were still living

Roguearthur

Roguearthur

Awards
That's tha same thing. I said bout batman... I just. Like the jokers parts...didnr give a damn bout batman his stupid gf or his other friends...just like tha dark parts. They should make a joker movie without batman if heath ledger were still living
Eh, I thought about that, I don't think it would actually be as good as you think.. the Joker parts were the highlight of the movie, but they obviously made it like that... I felt the same way, batman is kind of lame to me by himself. but.. I think people just over hyped Inception, so certain people will say "oh its not as good as people say" Yeah, its slow at some parts, but what movie isn't? It's a well made story, you can say all well made stories are exciting start to finish, but not well made scripts, if a movie is 100% exciting, it probably breaks its own rules they pretty much make in the movie (if that make sense, this really annoys me, movies make rules and later in the movie just totally break it ALL the time), and doesn't have as good as a plot as you think.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i thought leo was great in it but everyone else was kinda like...ok step it up.

manicstudio

Awards
Lmao@ ok everyone step it up...that is soo true...they totally break the illusion of actors n actress not being seen as acting...everything was really on Leo's back. I think I luv the movie so much becuz it seem like something I would think of and/or make as a movie. I swear it feel like some dream I had and woke up from n tried to hurry up n jot down b4 I forgot. I guess a lot of ppl are just so thirsty to see movies as inception, fight club and even the matrix come from pop hollywood(not just the effects, but the philoshopy they attempt to lightly touch on), so a lot of forgiveness is granted and hype follows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 9
pilip99 Cycle Logs 430