Improving sleep efficiany

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
My problem is I need so much sleep to function, to feel normal I need 9ish hours of sleep a night.. With a full time job, working out, other obligations that obviously won't work. Therefore I feel I have poor sleep efficiency.. Are there any supps that help you feel more well rested when you get up? So that if I slept for 7-8 I would feel as if I got 9+?

Thanks

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
There are a ton of sleep supplements out there

Two that I recommend are

Out Cold by Iforce (not really a help you fall asleep supplement, but once you're asleep you stay asleep AND it helps unlock your bodys natural GH levels)

The other one that I LOVE it Rem 8.0 by Formutech. It helps me fall asleep fast and keeps me asleep without feeling groggy in the morning. Those are two that I would recommend

knock

knock

Awards
My problem is I need so much sleep to function, to feel normal I need 9ish hours of sleep a night.. With a full time job, working out, other obligations that obviously won't work. Therefore I feel I have poor sleep efficiency.. Are there any supps that help you feel more well rested when you get up? So that if I slept for 7-8 I would feel as if I got 9+?

Thanks
Mucuna, htp5, melatonin, gaba, zma, phenibut, valeriana. I couldve forgot something in the list but any stronger go to doctor.

CallItKarma

CallItKarma

Awards
It sounds strange, but if I were you - before spending money on supps, I would research "sleep hygiene."

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin timed release and melatonin taken together. 3mg and 3mg of both is what I use.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you're wanting more of a "deep-sleep" supp rather than one that will make you drowsy. Look into Out Cold by iForce Nutrition.

You could always try single ingredients as well like GABA, Ashwagandha, and possibly phenibut. (only use when sleep is absolutely necessary)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Thanks
Not really, tbh. And i've tried A LOT of them.

I tend to sleep quite well, don't move around too much and get a decent amount most nights, but even then it is just random whether or not I will still feel tired when I wake up. If you are woken up abruptly by your alarm, it may be cutting into a deep sleep cycle which will be hard to wake up from. I find loud obnoxious alarms the worst to wake up to and prefer ones that slowly wake me up. Or, if I wake up 10-20 minutes before my alarm, I won't go back to sleep. I'll just get up then and that helps a lot with waking up.

Supplements tend to help me fall asleep, or give me a more restful sleep, but the waking up portion I find to be extremely unpredictable. We sell Growth Factor XT which I find to really help give me a deeper sleep that works even better when you can allow yourself to naturally wake up. I use that 2x per week over Friday and Saturday night and that definitely allows me to feel more restful in the early half of the week

compan

compan

Awards
Do you have any breathing problems? Over the years, sparring has taken a toll on my nose and I notice better quality sleep with breath right strips in that regard. As far as products go...I've used and liked humanofort (humanobol) paired with ZMA. The ZMA really only just gave me more vivid dreams which is all that I expected but I did notice sleep benefits from the humanofort. The best sleep I've ever had was during a time I was taking Humanobol, KSM-66 and ZMA before bed while limiting all caffeine to 200mg a day. Have been struggling with sleep quality myself and decided to go back to what routine. Never felt better and completely eliminated my need for morning coffee.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks
I get needing a lot of sleep. I used to be in your boat. Ideally, I will get 8 hours a night to correctly function. I would suggest seeing a doctor if you feel like you need tat much just to function. I personally had an underlying medical condition and that is why I needed so much sleep.

Regarding what you can do for sleep, before diving into supplements, I would look at sleep hygiene. Get into a pre bed routine. Do not use electronics 30 minutes pre bed. Sleep in a dark room. Use ear plugs. Wear a sleeping mask. Make your room cooler. There are plenty of things people overlook.

Before getting into sleep supplements, I would supplement with Ashwagandha. It reduces stress and cortsiol levels and even helps some sleep. It is cheap and I think this may benefit you, at least from the information you provided us about your personal life.

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Hi thanks for all the responses,
My sleep hygiene is top notch so I know it can't be related to that, I'll look into the suggested products.. Hoping it's not an underlying medical problem, what would I even check for? My breathing is fine

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
Growth Factor XT
KSM-66
Relora

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR. 100%, I dose 5 gram either morning or before bed and my brain function is much better on less sleep! It's the one thing I noticed from it!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This seems like a good thread for a non-consumable sleep supplement. Go to the App Store, or Google Play Store and look up Pzizz. It plays an audio track for sleep or naps, with a voice over (guy hypnotizes me, lol). I used it last night when I awoke at 2AM and felt energized. They've been around for a lonnnng time - they used to sell the program to create the audio track on a PC back in 2006 when i found them. Now it's free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pzizz.android&hl=en

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
This seems like a good thread for a non-consumable sleep supplement. Go to the App Store, or Google Play Store and look up Pzizz. It plays an audio track for sleep or naps, with a voice over (guy hypnotizes me, lol). I used it last night when I awoke at 2AM and felt energized. They've been around for a lonnnng time - they used to sell the program to create the audio track on a PC back in 2006 when i found them. Now it's free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pzizz.android&hl=en
Dude!! You wasn't lying. I downloaded that app last night (my mind races at night and I struggle to fall asleep) I played it and was OUT in no time. That voice over guy found his calling in life for sure, that was the most relaxing voice I've ever heard. I hope it keeps on working like it did last night. I usually play a sleep app with a quiet thunderstorm, but it doesn't really help a whole lot. But you're right that guys voice does just pretty much hypnotize you (for lack of a better term).

sareea

Awards

Thanks
How old are you ?
This may be normal to your age... Specially if you are working hard...
I face the same problem, but I am a student, which explains the chronic fatigue LOL... To be honest gym and weights helped me a lot, I feel that it was low test levels contributing to my fatigue, until I started hitting gym and the fatigue was almost gone ! Maybe my test have gotten back on normal track...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycine:
The glycine ingestion significantly improved the following elements: “fatigue”, “liveliness and peppiness”, and “clear-headedness”. These results suggest that glycine produced a good subjective feeling after awakening from sleep.
Subjective effects of glycine ingestion before bedtime on sleep quality - INAGAWA - 2006 - Sleep and Biological Rhythms - Wiley Online Library
Thus, a bolus ingestion of glycine before bedtime seems to produce subjective and objective improvement of the sleep quality in a different way than traditional hypnotic drugs such as benzodiazepines.
Glycine ingestion improves subjective sleep quality in human volunteers, correlating with polysomnographic changes - YAMADERA - 2007 - Sleep and Biological Rhythms - Wiley Online Library
Thus, glycine modulates certain neuropeptides in the SCN and this phenomenon may indirectly contribute to improving the occasional sleepiness and fatigue induced by sleep restriction.
The effects of glycine on subjective daytime performance in partially sleep-restricted healthy volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Been using Glycine as part of my pre-bed ritual for a while now.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
There are a ton of sleep supplements out there

Two that I recommend are

Out Cold by Iforce (not really a help you fall asleep supplement, but once you're asleep you stay asleep AND it helps unlock your bodys natural GH levels)

The other one that I LOVE it Rem 8.0 by Formutech. It helps me fall asleep fast and keeps me asleep without feeling groggy in the morning. Those are two that I would recommend
I concur with the REM 8.0..nicely balanced..deep sleep..wide awake in morning..I haven't used Out Cold yet so can't comment there..some on market are so strong you wake up in semi-comatose state..ugh

josun

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any breathing problems? Over the years, sparring has taken a toll on my nose and I notice better quality sleep with breath right strips in that regard. As far as products go...I've used and liked humanofort (humanobol) paired with ZMA. The ZMA really only just gave me more vivid dreams which is all that I expected but I did notice sleep benefits from the humanofort. The best sleep I've ever had was during a time I was taking Humanobol, KSM-66 and ZMA before bed while limiting all caffeine to 200mg a day. Have been struggling with sleep quality myself and decided to go back to what routine. Never felt better and completely eliminated my need for morning coffee.
This explains a lot my nose is also destroyed from sparring