Im a newb and need advice...

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Hello. Im new to supplements and would like some advice about what supps i need to take and a good diet plan to reach my goal. I am 5' 10" and 185 pounds. I have muscle but it is covered with a layer of fat that i would like to get rid of. I would really like to get more cut and produce lean muscle. Im thinking that if i were to burn some fat that underneath would be muscle. so maybe if i just lose weight then i would be more cut but im worried about losing muscle in the process. Im probably way off with the supps im taking to reach my goal. Right now im taking black powder for pre workout, amplified creatine 189, and some amplified wheybolic extreme 60... For my diet im clueless on how i should be eating. I would greatly appreciate some advice on my supps and diet to reach my goal.... thank you

time lord

time lord

Awards
at this point you have three options really...

1) decide to maintain/possibly lose some muscle mass and cut fat quickly

2) slowly up lbm while slowly reducing bodyfat... this is the longest road and will take serious perserverance

3) say screw the fat and put on as much muscle as you can quickly so that when you've put on enough muscle you can do #1 and hope that even though you lose a little you still come out ahead and end up lean and cut

pick your poison and somebody will be able to tell you how to get there.

also it'd be good to post your bf% if you know it or a pic if you dont so that we can gauge where you're at right now

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Thanks for the help time lord. Im thinking more along the lines of number one. What must i do to take that route? i dont know my bf% but i posted some album pics on my profile. go take a look and tell me what you think... maybe you would suggest a different route when seeing my body type?

blueboy22

blueboy22

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help time lord. Im thinking more along the lines of number one. What must i do to take that route? i dont know my bf% but i posted some album pics on my profile. go take a look and tell me what you think... maybe you would suggest a different route when seeing my body type?
Cardio once/twice a day. Start cutting cals weekly. Take a look at CKD.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
drink a gallon of milk per day :)...best way to bulk

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
oops didnt read ur question.........

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
If you go the route of number one you would first have to figure your BMR and adjust your calories accordingly. Eat clean: chicken, tuna, good carbs like oats, pasta, sweet potato, etc. and healthy fats. As for lifting weights, peoples views will differ on that. I would say to lift for hypertrophy at a high intensity. Superset everything. That will keep your heart rate up and you'll be doing cardio while lifting. Other people will say to lift for strength to maintain the muscle you have and then run off the extra fat. I'm no pro on cutting though so my advice might not be all the way right.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Thanks for the advice everyone. Do you think i can still take the N.O. black powder, amplified creatine, and amplified whey protien or will that just keep me from reaching my goal?

pfafkl13

Awards
Thanks for the advice everyone. Do you think i can still take the N.O. black powder, amplified creatine, and amplified whey protien or will that just keep me from reaching my goal?
I think those are not so great GNC products. Protein in general is essential so you need that but next time don't spend so much for it. Black Powder is a pre-workout but its not that great, might as well use it up. Creatine is also a good choice.

For weight loss you may want to look at Slim Xtreme, it's one of the best weight loss products on the market. www.nutraplanet.com

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
I think those are not so great GNC products. Protein in general is essential so you need that but next time don't spend so much for it. Black Powder is a pre-workout but its not that great, might as well use it up. Creatine is also a good choice.

For weight loss you may want to look at Slim Xtreme, it's one of the best weight loss products on the market. www.nutraplanet.com

haha beat me to it!

the wheybolic extreme was good, didnt taste too bad, but its gnc and gnc=expensive (even when i had employee discount)

time lord

time lord

Awards
from the looks of your pics your bf% is probably around 25%... you won't really see much definition until you get around 12%

you're definately in a tough spot. if you are new to lifting it is still possible to put on muscle mass while burning fat.

my advice is to make all of your lifting a high intensity circuit and to eat just below maintenance calorie wise.

and yes, you can still use all the supplements you listed.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards

For weight loss you may want to look at Slim Xtreme, it's one of the best weight loss products on the market.QUOTE]

If i take slim xtreme then i probably should not be taking an N.O. right?

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
from the looks of your pics your bf% is probably around 25%... you won't really see much definition until you get around 12%

you're definately in a tough spot. if you are new to lifting it is still possible to put on muscle mass while burning fat.

my advice is to make all of your lifting a high intensity circuit and to eat just below maintenance calorie wise.

and yes, you can still use all the supplements you listed.
do you think i should look into something like Slim Xtreme or will that just eat away more muscle?

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
haha beat me to it!

the wheybolic extreme was good, didnt taste too bad, but its gnc and gnc=expensive (even when i had employee discount)
What is a good cheap protien supplement or should i just get my protein from the food i eat?

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
IMO, optimum nutrition's gold standard is a pretty decent protein for the price.

I'm pretty big on the preworkouts and there's a ton out there. Black powder is more of a caffeine boost. Jack3d, RPM, NO shotgun all did me well (though they all contain caffeine). Haven't tried too many though.

pfafkl13

Awards
Protein - All the Whey blend or isolate (if you're lactose intolerant) Its very cheap. Check nutraplant for prices.

You said you wanted to lose the weight as quick as possible and didn't care about the muscle that you'll lose so I pointed you in the direction of Slim Xtreme. How much you actually lose depends on your diet (protein intake) and your training.

I've you're going to use SX then you won't need the Black Powder, you'll get more than enough energy from the SX.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Protein - All the Whey blend or isolate (if you're lactose intolerant) Its very cheap. Check nutraplant for prices.

You said you wanted to lose the weight as quick as possible and didn't care about the muscle that you'll lose so I pointed you in the direction of Slim Xtreme. How much you actually lose depends on your diet (protein intake) and your training.

I've you're going to use SX then you won't need the Black Powder, you'll get more than enough energy from the SX.
Thanks for the advice. i will definitly look into slim xtreme. i have a couple more questions if u dont mind answering... i think my regular calorie intake for me is probably around 2400 cals per day but im not 100% sure. but lets just go with that number.. how many calories would i need to drop off the original 2400 cals a day in order to start loosing weight?