IForce Vanilla Mint Swirl Protean Review

nokkT

Awards
First off I'd like to thank allnatural923 and the rest of IForce for letting me try out a whole 2lb tub of the Vanilla Mint Swirl (VMS) protean!

I'm a fan of IForce's products but haven't had a chance to try out any of their Protean, yet. I opted in to try the VMS because I'm a huge fan of mint, mint flavors, and pretty much all things mint. The flavor of this protein really sounded promising. On top of that, I've ready some really good reviews on the stuff so I didn't want to get over hyped for a protein powder, but, it was looking like a winner already. Since I didn't get the package until later in the day when I got home from work, I wasn't able to give it a try until yesterday.

From first looking at the container and packaging, it is bright, bold, and really stands out. Gives it a nice clean look that gets the job done. Took a look at the label to compare it with other protein blends that I do take or have taken in the past. The amount of carbs it has is a little on the higher end of some proteins that I've taken in the past, but, at the 120 cals, 20g of protein(little on the lower end), and the little amount of fat it had in it; that wasn't going to keep me from trying it. I took off the lid and even through the seal I could smell the mint. The initial smell was amazing. I was actually really surprised at how good it smelled. So, I took off the seal and was hit with a rush of vanilla and mint. It wasn't what I was expecting, which is odd because that is exactly how it is labeled... but I guess I didn't expect it to smell as good as it did. I even had the girlfriend smell it and she was impressed.

I usually take all my protein in water. So, why do this one any differently? I loaded up about 4-6oz of water and plopped in my first scoop. It took literally maybe 2 shakes (2-3 seconds) and I could see that the protein was already mixed in and nice and frothy. I took the lid off, examined it, all looked good. Was a little surprised it mixed in so well so quickly. Took my first sip.... man.... even in water this stuff tastes great. It was thicker than a VAST majority of proteins I've tried in water and it was probably the creamiest protein that I've ever had in water. It tastes exactly like it is supposed to a very smooth vanilla flavor with a touch of mint.

Let me interject here and say I've tried one or two other mint proteins in the past. They've been awful. They've had a mint flavor that tasted more like menthol than mint. This stuff tasted like it was supposed to.

I'm going to try this out a few additional ways to see if I could find some other great uses for this stuff. I'm thinking greek yogurt as well as making some pancakes out of it!

But, for this initial review, in water:
Mixability: 9/10 - I was very impressed at how easily this mixed up and how smooth it came out in very minimal effort in water
Texture: 9/10 - If you take your protein in water, this is by far one of the best proteins I've tasted in water. Comes out nice and smooth, very creamy, and on the thicker side. Makes you forget you've mixed it in with water.
Ingredient Profile: 8/10 - In my opinion, this is starting to edge on the mid to high end of carbs that I'd like in my protein powders and the 20g of protein could be a little higher.
Taste: 10/10 - This is one of the best tasting proteins blends that I've tried. Especially in water. Just like the label says, tastes like dessert. Tastes way too good to be protein! :)
Oh, and for extra measure:
Smell: 8/10 - This stuff smells great, right out of the container. I just want to dive in and live in there!

I'll put up some pics, soon.

Up next... mixing with milk.

nokkT

Awards
Mixed this protein in with milk this morning. It just makes it even better. Tastes just like a vanilla mint milkshake.

Impressions in milk:
Mixability: 8/10 - Mixed a little tougher in milk for me. Took a little more effort to get the same smooth texture I got with the water.
Texture: 9/10 - After more effort in the mixability section, this came out to be just like it did in water; smooth, creamy, delicious! Also note that it came out thicker, too. Had more of a milkshake feel to it.
Taste: 10/10 - Still delicious! Nothing changed in this category. Although, now I wish I gave it a 9 in water so I could give it a 10 in milk. So, I know it is unhealthy to go off the scale, otherwise it would get 11.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
solid review so far bro, looking forward to what else you decide to use it in.

personal favorite: 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 heaping scoop VMS, a very little bit of water. mix, put in the freezer for about 30 minutes. VMS protean ice cream :D

nokkT

Awards
solid review so far bro, looking forward to what else you decide to use it in.

personal favorite: 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 heaping scoop VMS, a very little bit of water. mix, put in the freezer for about 30 minutes. VMS protean ice cream :D
I put it in some greek yogurt this morning, plain, of course. It added some really good flavor to the yogurt. I'm not a big fan of just the plain yogurt. I get to a point where I can't eat any more of it and I can only eat so much. However, putting a scoop of the VMS in with the yogurt itself (1.5 servings of greek yogurt) really made it taste that much better.

Your way sounds better, though. I'll have to give that a try!

Unfortunately, I'm going out of town this weekend. But when I get back I'm planning on putting it in some pancakes with maybe a little bit of chocolate as well. We'll see how frisky I'm feeling.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I put it in some greek yogurt this morning, plain, of course. It added some really good flavor to the yogurt. I'm not a big fan of just the plain yogurt. I get to a point where I can't eat any more of it and I can only eat so much. However, putting a scoop of the VMS in with the yogurt itself (1.5 servings of greek yogurt) really made it taste that much better.

Your way sounds better, though. I'll have to give that a try!

Unfortunately, I'm going out of town this weekend. But when I get back I'm planning on putting it in some pancakes with maybe a little bit of chocolate as well. We'll see how frisky I'm feeling.
any updates bro? did you ever get around to whipping up those pancakes?

nokkT

Awards
any updates bro? did you ever get around to whipping up those pancakes?
Nothing out of the ordinary! I took it out of town with me over the long weekend, but didn't have a chance to make the pancakes with it. When I'm out of town, I don't get to do anything extremely fancy due to being busy and whatnot. Unfortunately. I'm planning on saving some for my pancakes this weekend! I don't have any time during the week to make pancakes.

I did however get to make a shake out of it this weekend. I added in 1.5 servings of greek yogurt, 1.5 scoops of the protein, and some ice. Mixed it all up in a blender until it was thick and smooth. It was pretty darn good if I must say so myself! Tasted just like a mint shake. Went down pretty easily. I enjoyed it quite immensely, actually. Better than your standard shake!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Nothing out of the ordinary! I took it out of town with me over the long weekend, but didn't have a chance to make the pancakes with it. When I'm out of town, I don't get to do anything extremely fancy due to being busy and whatnot. Unfortunately. I'm planning on saving some for my pancakes this weekend! I don't have any time during the week to make pancakes.

I did however get to make a shake out of it this weekend. I added in 1.5 servings of greek yogurt, 1.5 scoops of the protein, and some ice. Mixed it all up in a blender until it was thick and smooth. It was pretty darn good if I must say so myself! Tasted just like a mint shake. Went down pretty easily. I enjoyed it quite immensely, actually. Better than your standard shake!
so would you say it was like a shamrock shake? or better lol

nokkT

Awards
It was similar to a shamrock shake, for sure. However, as much as it pains me to admit it. I think the shamrock shake edge this shake out in flavor. But, you can't beat all the protein and how much better this shake is for you than the shamrock one. It is definitely more than a suitable replacement! It is still pretty delicious. Especially if you can't get the shamrock. :)

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
It was similar to a shamrock shake, for sure. However, as much as it pains me to admit it. I think the shamrock shake edge this shake out in flavor. But, you can't beat all the protein and how much better this shake is for you than the shamrock one. It is definitely more than a suitable replacement! It is still pretty delicious. Especially if you can't get the shamrock. :)
It definitely is more healthy for you. Makes it a lot easier to treat yourself without having to starve yourself!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

It better lol, it has way more sugar and fats!!!!

Its all about healthy replacement :)

nokkT

Awards
It better lol, it has way more sugar and fats!!!!

Its all about healthy replacement :)
Oh for sure.. and this definitely fits that role well!

I'm starting to think this mixed with greek yogurt is my favorite snack. I want to do it every day! But I'm trying to save enough for my pancakes this weekend! I'm stoked to try them out...

nokkT

Awards
FINALLY got around to making these into pancakes this weekend!

They turned out a little stiffer than regular pancakes, which seemed a little odd to me, but I didn't mind. They were just not as fluffy or bouncy as normal pancakes would be. You were able to smell the mint as they were cooking, it was awesome! The woman also thought that the pancakes had a greenish hue to them and she found that rather amusing.

One of the pancakes I decided to experiment with and I may... or may not have... put chocolate chips into it. :squareeyed:

They actually turned out, great, though! They tasted delicious! I don't put any syrup or butter or anything on any of my pancakes, ever. So, I ate them plain. But man, they had a nice, even, but yet subtle mint flavor in every bite. I seemed to get more of the vanilla which was really, really good. I wish I had more to make these again. I've only got about a scoop of the protein left. But, next to the milkshake, this was definitely the best idea for this protein! So....... good.

Please excuse the awful quality of pictures, taken from my phone.