I think it's important to inform newbies that...

technology_1

Awards
Nothing is kept from cycles. Ever. Over an extended period, gains will eventually be lost. This may take months... or a year or more (genetic dependent) but it always happens, doesn't it? And this is nothing to do with training, nutrition and what not. Because ultimately, assuming an individual was to get ill or incapacitated and lost all their gains, there's surely no way they can regain the muscle simply through resuming training and a sufficient intake of calories (as one would normally regain natural muscle through muscle memory).

I mean, I don't know what the science is behind why this happens, but my only assumption is that because the receptors in the muscles are no longer being bound to by the hormone, the muscle simply cannot logically remain...

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Sounds like garbage to me. I've kept most of my gains over the last 4 years and I've been laid up for numerous surgeries and some major sicknesses where I couldn't even hold down food for almost a month. Provided you eat enough calories you should be able to maintain the majority of new mass that you put on.

Viking23

Awards
You will most certainly maintain gains as long as they are not exceeding your natural limit. For example if I cycle at 200 pounds and get to 215 then maybe 11-12 pounds is muscle if I am on point diet wise. Then cycle again and gain another 15 and I'm 230 and at this point I will cut because I added a little more fat from the bulking and want to lose those 6-7 pounds. So imagine I'm 220 and for the sake of the argument that is my body's limit. I'll stay there for good as long as I train hard and maintain a good diet.

Now a year later I cycle again and get to 235 or so well I'll go back to 220 as that is where my body threshold is. And this is why pros BB never come off gear because they are trying to stay beyond their limit. You may be able to use HGH and slin to cause your bones to change slightly so they can hold more muscle but thats a costly process and unless your going for gold or a multimillion dollar contract just doesn't seem worth it in my opinion. Just my 2 cents on how I understood all the research I have done over the years .

Viking23

Awards
And by cycling early will close growth plates and that will stop your bones from growing and making your body hold a smaller frame. So before someone gets the idea they should just cycle before putting in the hard work that's not a good idea as working out naturally will give you a good base and cause your bones to get stronger and hold more muscle .

And that's also why kids shouldn't start early. If a kid starts and 6'2'' he might be able to get from 190-215 and stay there. But if he let his body develop and grow to 6'4 he could have been 225 or so no problem. Besides the fact they don't do any research and think they ate invincible . I could be wrong with all this info but this is how I understood the years I have put in and if I am my apologies.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
This all depends on each person. Just because you experienced one thing doesn't hold true for everyone.

I've seen both sides, the ones that losses all and the ones that retained almost everything.