I NEVER get SORE?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Like it says, I see/hear of alot of people at my gym, and in general are sore a day or two after a good lifting session, however, I NEVER feel sore! The other day, I did like 30+ Sets on shoulder day, in attempt to get that "sore" feeling, and still...NOTHING

Is this bad? Good?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I've heard alot of people say it doesn't matter if u get sore but I do get sore now every workout and I love it. Just feels like I'm getting work done when I'm sore .

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Im always sore, like a damn chronic condition or something.

TheMaharaja

Awards
maybe you're not pushing yourself enough (not trying to be condescending), just personal experience.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you seeing progression in size strength or ability to maintain if that's what you want? If so, dont worry about. Pain or doms is not necessarily in indication of growth or good training.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
I'm sore all the time. The harder I work, the the more soreness I feel the next day or 2. I love it. I'm not happy unless I'm sore.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I am always sore! I take C4 and go to the gym and push myself very hard!

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I get sore usually when i do legs. Can barely sit down to take a dump. Lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Interesting

joeblow1

Awards
Like it says, I see/hear of alot of people at my gym, and in general are sore a day or two after a good lifting session, however, I NEVER feel sore! The other day, I did like 30+ Sets on shoulder day, in attempt to get that "sore" feeling, and still...NOTHING

Is this bad? Good?
You dont always get sore but it should make you sore most of the time. It sounds like your not using heavy enough weight and or training hard enough. You can do 5 lb db curls all day and eventually get a pump but it doesnt mean youll be sore. Increase training intensity through heavier weight, shorter rest periods, super sets, giant sets, there is a bunch of options available. If you do the same training over and over your body adapts and quits growing. You have to constantly raise the bar if you want to keep getting better.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you seeing progression in size strength or ability to maintain if that's what you want? If so, dont worry about. Pain or doms is not necessarily in indication of growth or good training.
^^^

DOMS is not an indicator of growth or productivity of a workout.

I can program a workout that will leave you sore for 3 or so days after every session without crazy volume or weight; however, that does not mean it is going to be productive.

If you want to be sore, do negatives and change the exercises on a session by session basis.

If you want growth and strength, then focus on progressive overload.

Br

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^

I can program a workout that will leave you sore for 3 or so days after every session without crazy volume or weight; however, that does not mean it is going to be productive.

If you want to be sore, do negatives and change the exercises on a session by session basis.

Br
I was gonna link him to the other thread we've been in recently covering this, but have been using my phone and got deterred. You have it? Prolly be a good read and save re-typing a bunch.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
^^^

Br
^^^^^ absolutely! I left that out. Negatives and changing your routine will definitely increase soreness. Thanks Zir! U da man.

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Workout harder. :D