i gained 2 lbs yesterday eating more or less healthy..

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im not worried about it at all im more concerned with the meaning behind it.

This has been my meal log as many of you probably know.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/115317-my-log-weight.html

This is what I ate yesterday, and yesterday was also my off day so I didnt do any working out.

• 2dcp
  • 2 leviathan

• 1cupcoffee
  • 2 whole boiled eggs
  • spoon ful of rice

• 4~ eggs, bacon toast.

• chicken with chorizo, bout 1/2lb.
  • Turkey about another 1/2 lb

• 2 dcp
  • 2 Fruit shake
  • turkey

• chicken with chorizo.
  • turkey with mayo and relish, very little
  • watermelon 3 bowls

• 1 dcp
So I weighed myself on an empty stomach and after I worked out so I may have gained even more.

Im wondering tho if this means, as one user suggested in my thread, that im not eating enough in my diet. So my muscles and stuff absorbed the protein they were drained of during the week.

Or am I just insane and did I eat so damn much I gained weight. Since Im new to this kind of diet and sort out of my realm im just wondering what my bodies up to and what are some of these signals that its sending me mean.

Thanks!

dpfisher

Chorizo and bacon usually have a lot of salt, it might cause you to retain more water

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chorizo and bacon usually have a lot of salt, it might cause you to retain more water

Thanks for the response.
hmm....maybe, I do drink a ton of water, about 6- 10 bottles a day,and did eat quite a bit of chorizo. ill try to eat less salt today and weigh myself tomorrow to see what happens. Today during my workout I did sweat A TON, im taking dcp which enhances my sweating and did about 2.00 miles in 16~ minutes on the tread.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Your weight goes up and down during the day. I put on at least 5lbs during the day and thats on 3000-4000cals

also don't weigh yourself everyday :)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I can literally weigh 6lbs more today than yesterday...its common. it depends on fluid and retention...also, a fruit shake? if it has real fruit then, as you know, there is quite a bit of water in fruit plus you took in sodium from food.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can literally weigh 6lbs more today than yesterday...its common. it depends on fluid and retention...also, a fruit shake? if it has real fruit then, as you know, there is quite a bit of water in fruit plus you took in sodium from food.

Yea my wife wanted to make fruit smoothies. All real fruit, watermelon<---
which was probably the culprit.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
take a crap. shear volume of food will sit in your GI tract for a while.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
a gallon of water weights 8lbs, this means you probably holding quart or so, also you should weight yourself at the same time every time, i usually weight my self up on wakening!

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i always wake up, take a piss, then weigh myself. Avoids some of the fluctuation at least.

Don't sweat it man. Assuming you're in a caloric deficit, I doubt you gained any fat at all, let alone 2lbs in a day. Water fluctuation, food in your digestive tract, etc. Don't drive yourself crazy looking 24hr results, keep pounding away.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I put on 6lbs in 3 hours just from drinking a ton of water. Like everyone else says, don't worry about it. Weigh yourself weekly, not daily.

Kalakbar

Awards
Your weight goes up and down during the day. I put on at least 5lbs during the day and thats on 3000-4000cals

also don't weigh yourself everyday :)
Just as a point of reference, at 265, my weight fluctuates around 6-12 lbs a day (drink a ton of water). I think my biggest fluctuation to date was on the anabolic diet, woke up Friday at 271 lbs, had a few low carb meals, depletion workout, then a ton of carbs. When I went to bed, I was 291 lbs. Of course, the weight dropped off during the week, but it would easily be a 10-15lbs gained/lost each week, usually ending about 1-3 lbs lower in comparison to last week.