I don't believe this is against forum rules.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Have you guys ever browsed other forums where sources were openly posted?

Usually it's something along the lines of 'PM me' in a sig line, with all the other members raving about the products.

It would be easy set up a scam doing something like that, but if the products were really bunk you'd think they'd be found out rather swiftly?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you guys ever browsed other forums where sources were openly posted?

Usually it's something along the lines of 'PM me' in a sig line, with all the other members raving about the products.

It would be easy set up a scam doing something like that, but if the products were really bunk you'd think they'd be found out rather swiftly?
Not exactly. Alot of source boards are sponsored by sources. So if a bad review comes out on a source usually that post will get deleted and the person who wrote it will be banned.

Hydronium

Hydronium

Awards
Years of lurking on the popular ones have shown me that they are ALL scams. Or at least give good product to select forum "well knowns" for free so they get good reviews from them then selectively scam the little man.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that might explain the less-than-stellar results I got from my test cycle.

Strangely though, that source had good reviews even outside the forum.

carbus

Awards
The legit sites will usually require a paid membership which can only be obtained through an invite by an existing member. Counterfeiting gear is a big industry so better safe than sorry.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Not exactly. Alot of source boards are sponsored by sources. So if a bad review comes out on a source usually that post will get deleted and the person who wrote it will be banned.
Umm how simple would it be to set up a new account, new email, etc and tell your story. At least one person would see that it got deleted and all hell would break loose. I don't think these forum boards believe were all that dumb. Also the bad reviews would be popping up everywhere on other forums. It only takes one shady operation to destroy a company. Is that really worth the risk just for a few extra bucks? To some maybe..but then they are obviously not looking toward the future making them horrible businessmen and rather stupid. Why do I get the feeling were talking about venom. I don't trust them at all

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm how simple would it be to set up a new account, new email, etc and tell your story. At least one person would see that it got deleted and all hell would break loose. I don't think these forum boards believe were all that dumb. Also the bad reviews would be popping up everywhere on other forums. It only takes one shady operation to destroy a company. Is that really worth the risk just for a few extra bucks? To some maybe..but then they are obviously not looking toward the future making them horrible businessmen and rather stupid. Why do I get the feeling were talking about venom. I don't trust them at all
Def simple enough to set up a new email address and a new membership but you can bet you will be banned again. Guaranteed. You'd be surprised how many bad sources still scam people everyday. Rather it be UD gear or just all out bunk. It happens. All hell doesn't break lose that's for sure because with every 1 bad review there's 5 company reps posting good reviews. And almost every noob is going to go for the source with the cheapest price and a few good reviews. It happens every day man. I won't list specific sites because that's against the rules but I can think of 3 of the top of my head where I know for a fact this goes on on a daily basis.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I believe boards check your IP address when joining. This trumps using new email addresses to rejoin after being banned.