Hypnosis like drugs like Pentothal. I belive i have been drugged and hypnotized by a psychiatrist

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
Hey,

i have a memory of being drugged and interrogated by a psychiatrist over the phone.

Everyone i speaks with belive it is a psychosis but this is the only ¨psychotic¨ experience i have ever had in my life.
Ive done some research and theres a drug called sodium pentothal psychiatrist have apparantly used on people suspected to have psyhiatric co-morbidity.

is there more drugs like this psychiatrist or doctors use to interrogate patients?
I belive i was drugged orally with pills.
i forgot everything right after the interrogation happened but started to remember things slowly.

Thanks

EDIT: Sodium Pentothal Hypnosis: A Procedure for Evaluating Medical Patients with Suspected Psychiatric Co-Morbidity
https://watermark.silverchair.com/milmed-162-3-215.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAm4wggJqBgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggJbMIICVwIBADCCAlAGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMW1pczvcnfjK3ywqJAgEQgIICIZZV7OorvkQQKju49y6qi2JJW8Yfou_Vgn_At0gwLEHD5hDsBEMe27A_CuX-rnBhV89mbo2GEdbQ88WKD6nG3aTDUU_tvw5d3Dvw2z5Stwpj2bc8G1bRS1p_JOnjDAnZAyNd7E1WwZwppDyCrQGqVwSGpI_feohynIddBmKJ4N9fVhrVxk-E5TviwPccLR_gKezkq1Yl_FNVpHs-J_cq-yVb9D7FH23CLC2LmviZ2lsrKspBJnrAO0Xds2iouPpmxWTQOnz8j95Sv5NLi9QcygTYsHsxUAiU9TDwMnuPT03zUnKy_SrdHyEcwQwzPoVhGlYELj8aneiKP1jRCLvrJvg_6T7-OabCGe3-vZsr_PxpQI8UH8eaVffcL250dsCo-sW5M_iqRKjIkCgGq4tytyzgEME9mSmtD0svizBzUXgzuQ21eJLBVxdnwSF7JGfbaqjCzvdhN1MxqTO3xt4P5r3229os0RiY2h13rXqG73Gc8s-3yBDUsDLzokDyOAp120EmVdp9Dtw4-twZj_C9CF2LaaUrQOeT4HG_E6PydNeP8doBPmdUUltiTTELCU4_NBJxaRT_yBc6S1RyNaFqR4E0yePyClj3SLhPawZejWLzDFIQzqpEpqHwTnoBHI1z6uFdJVq3KSuK3Mw53a2kKs9I9BEVQm17Ovjbxks4DmEJi6GGXxUniLGm5n9uO22DbDnQH1mmNnBXCSIveYK1MsSQ

Last edited:
mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
if you think im trolling just ignore my post

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Without knowing all the facts its hard to say... Id say it is more likely than not that this did not happen.

Delusional disorder is also a possibility (believing something happen when all other areas of someone's thought processes seem completely normal. An example would be alien abduction).

I'm in grad school for this type of thing and just finished my DSM class, however there just isnt enough information to piece together from your post. You really need a bigger picture perspective which in my opinion requires seeing some type of mental health professional.

The thing with psychosis or even delusional disorder is no amount of rational thinking or persuasion can move the person off of their belief of what is happening.

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
Without knowing all the facts its hard to say... Id say it is more likely than not that this did not happen.

Delusional disorder is also a possibility (believing something happen when all other areas of someone's thought processes seem completely normal. An example would be alien abduction).

I'm in grad school for this type of thing and just finished my DSM class, however there just isnt enough information to piece together from your post. You really need a bigger picture perspective which in my opinion requires seeing some type of mental health professional.

The thing with psychosis or even delusional disorder is no amount of rational thinking or persuasion can move the person off of their belief of what is happening.
Thank you im currently hospitalized in a psychiatric place but on a short leave for celebrating christmas with family
(I am getting help even if this is a delusion or real)

EDIT: as i said before this is the only ¨psychotic memory¨ ive ever had. no fantasy delusions like seeing a dragon or something thats not possible in the real world like some people with psychosis get.

Last edited:
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you im currently hospitalized in a psychiatric place but on a short leave for celebrating christmas with family
(I am getting help even if this is a delusion or real)

EDIT: as i said before this is the only ¨psychotic memory¨ ive ever had. no fantasy delusions like seeing a dragon or something thats not possible in the real world like some people with psychosis get.
I think its great that you are getting treatment. As I said with delusional disorder often times it's hard to distinguish between what is real and what is not. Scenarios are often possible but not likely.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's a brief synopsis
Screenshot_20191227-084433.jpeg
Screenshot_20191227-084449.jpeg

Either way I would follow what your health professionals are instructing you to do. Whatever their treatment plan involves they have all the info to best help so I would just stick to continuing on in their care.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
By far the most likely scenario here is you were not drugged and interrogated, rather your mind is beginning to manifest a delusion.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Studies have shown that someone with an otherwise healthy mind can mis-remember or even create completely false memories. Memory is incredibly fickle, scarily so.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed with your post but the regarding the thing i bolded hmmm...
i am not so sure all accounts are cases of delusional disorder...i personally think there is more to it.

And regarding the thread as a whole, i finally got the opportunity to make that remark i always wanted, that will describe how i feel about the thread, here we go:
What?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with your post but the regarding the thing i bolded hmmm...
i am not so sure all accounts are cases of delusional disorder...i personally think there is more to it.

And regarding the thread as a whole, i finally got the opportunity to make that remark i always wanted, that will describe how i feel about the thread, here we go:
What?
I'm just describing that as an example... Often with delusional disorder one false belief completely alters the persons life in such a way where the delusion itself drives the persons behaviors and decisions. I'm not talking about whether alien abduction is real I'm talking about delusional disorder and how it affects a person.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey brother, I recommend just ignoring these thoughts. Let them come and go. Watch them pass but don’t give them power. Even if they are real and it actually happened , it’s over and done. You can’t go back. Move on and try to get your mind back to stability. Please pray and find faith , it will help. When they come on , long walks really help. I don’t like meditation , too easy to ruminate. Long walks really help you get in a meditative state while easing your body. Glad you’re getting help for this. I hope you figure it all out.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know man i am just a geek when it comes to this stuff...
Screenshot_2019-11-12-22-53-46-1.png

Screenshot_2019-11-12-22-40-45-1.png

Stereotypical grey alien seems to be showing up throughout the history... too much of a coincidence imho.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But I think we have to be careful with OP since he’s already in a paranoid state . He should pray and find answers on his own

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, aliens are actually demons. And demonic attacks do exist. The alien deception was to turn people from the truth in the Bible.

They flee in Jesus name
Not sure if srs (no offense)
I believe it is other way around...unaware of other planets and structure of the universe people of the past deemed them as fairies, demons, angels etc.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe it is other way around...unaware of other planets and structure of the universe people of the past deemed them as fairies, demons, angels etc.
Nope, I’m serious. The idea of Aliens were to deceive people from God. If anything, the past was the truth

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
Nope, I’m serious. The idea of Aliens were to deceive people from God. If anything, the past was the truth
Thanks for the kind words but what makes you so confident christianity is true when theres so many different religions and none of it can be prooved?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As others said keep seeing a professional. Just to be sure though pick another one. No way I’d go to a guy I thought drugged me even if I wasn’t sure it was real.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol You won’t convince a religious person with logic. They use what is called faith. Ha But yeah I’ve seen aomething strange before has many people such as presidents and other people that are well respected. I don’t believe in demons ha but defiantly people see or believe they see weird stuff. It happend to me. Also wouldn’t surprise me if aliens are real. So much unknown shut out there. Plus I find the stories Interesting.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s what is called a derailed thread. Lol Seriously though man I hope everything works out. Sounds like your in a rough spot.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the kind words but what makes you so confident christianity is true when theres so many different religions and none of it can be prooved?
Look into Frank Turek and Kent Hovind

Remember, we have God manifested in the flesh. Jesus Christ who died to save us from sin and rose from the dead.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you really believe this?
It's one thing to believe in your religion of choice; it's another thing entirely to think that aliens are actually demons, and it's all a trick/deception to turn people away from the Bible.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's one thing to believe in your religion of choice; it's another thing entirely to think that aliens are actually demons, and it's all a trick/deception to turn people away from the Bible.
Because it is . If you watched the video I posted it causes people question God’s creation within the Biblical structure and goes against scripture.

Brb , NASA will fund “alien research” but deny the existence of God 😂

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because it is . If you watched the video I posted it causes people question God’s creation within the Biblical structure and goes against scripture.

Brb , NASA will fund “alien research” but deny the existence of God 😂
NASA will fund "alien research" because, in theory, we can "find" aliens." Proving God's existence is not something NASA, or anyone, could even hope to do.

And it's far more logical that the account of creation presented in the Bible is allegorical in nature, even if you do believe it's divinely inspired/true, than that it's 100% intended to be taken at face value. That is, of course, assuming you don't prescribe to the theory that it was written by man trying to explain things they didn't know about.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
NASA will fund "alien research" because, in theory, we can "find" aliens." Proving God's existence is not something NASA, or anyone, could even hope to do.

And it's far more logical that the account of creation presented in the Bible is allegorical in nature, even if you do believe it's divinely inspired/true, than that it's 100% intended to be taken at face value. That is, of course, assuming you don't prescribe to the theory that it was written by man trying to explain things they didn't know about.
Okay, so why can’t aliens be demons than?

God was manifested in the flesh as Jesus Christ who fulfilled the prophecy that God had set.

I don’t want to derail this thread anymore though . Maybe I’ll start another topic, but when you find Jesus, you know. You must open up your heart and seek , though. But when you feel, you feel. I’m sure other Christians on this site can attest to this

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, so why can’t aliens be demons than?

God was manifested in the flesh as Jesus Christ who fulfilled the prophecy that God had set.
Why can't they be? That's the crux of your argument? By that logic, why can't they be leprechauns then?

And if you entire argument revolves around "God manifested in the flesh as Jesus..." then your entire argument relies on circular logic, as you're telling me to believe in the Bible because of what the Bible says. But without believing in the Bible, there's no reason to believe what the Bible says; it's only "legitimate" if you decide to believe in it based on faith. Every religion has their own canon/scripture that they believe is just as true as you believe yours is, and some of them contradict each other. Someone of a different religion is just as likely, so not very likely, to believe what the Bible says as you are to believe what their chosen scripture says...

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why can't they be? That's the crux of your argument? By that logic, why can't they be leprechauns then?

And if you entire argument revolves around "God manifested in the flesh as Jesus..." then your entire argument relies on circular logic, as you're telling me to believe in the Bible because of what the Bible says. But without believing in the Bible, there's no reason to believe what the Bible says; it's only "legitimate" if you decide to believe in it based on faith. Every religion has their own canon/scripture that they believe is just as true as you believe yours is, and some of them contradict each other. Someone of a different religion is just as likely, so not very likely, to believe what the Bible says as you are to believe what their chosen scripture says...
There’s actually a lot of evidence

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Remember Satan tries his hardest to deceive in this world so humans lose faith and don’t receive everlasting life. He’s doing this because he was banished out of Heaven

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

And I believe there are truths coming from all angles

Let’s get a debate going on a podcast? 😁

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Can’t have time . Matter and space come into existence at once! There had to have been a creator !

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There’s actually a lot of evidence

Really dude? A three minute YouTube video? That says literally nothing by the way. Do you presume I know nothing of the Bible? Of the history of Abrahamic Religions? That video oversimplifies things to the point of asininity.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Really dude? A three minute YouTube video? That says literally nothing by the way. Do you presume I know nothing of the Bible? Of the history of Abrahamic Religions? That video oversimplifies things to the point of asininity.
I have longer videos , book recommendations, etc, but no one is going to sit through a 45 minute video here and I’m trying to make a point

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Instead of derailing this thread even more I’ll probably make a new topic where we can debate

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have longer videos , book recommendations, etc, but no one is going to sit through a 45 minute video here and I’m trying to make a point
Well, the basic premise of that video is severely flawed...

The speaker claims that all conspiracies stem from a desire for sex, money, and/or power and, since the apostles didn't gain any of those, it can't be a conspiracy. But that gives a false and oversimplified idea of what the apostles would consider "power" to be. The death of Jesus, with no subsequent resurrection, would have meant the death of their movement, no? So, even if it, the potential conspiracy, didn't gain them power as individuals, if they were people who viewed their faith, their movement, as paramount, which they clearly did, then ensuring the survival of their faith would be in their best interest, and potentially a conspiracy would then be gaining their movement power, no? Even if it came at the cost of their personal possessions/standing and even their very lives. Are we to say that no Martyr has ever had a cause that isn't true simply by merit of their being willing to die for their beliefs?

And I'm not claiming that the Resurrection was a conspiracy even; I'm making no comment on that, only that the argument presented in the video is oversimplified and therefore invalid.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, the basic premise of that video is severely flawed...

The speaker claims that all conspiracies stem from a desire for sex, money, and/or power and, since the apostles didn't gain any of those, it can't be a conspiracy. But that gives a false and oversimplified idea of what the apostles would consider "power" to be. The death of Jesus, with no subsequent resurrection, would have meant the death of their movement, no? So, even if it, the potential conspiracy, didn't gain them power as individuals, if they were people who viewed their faith, their movement, as paramount, which they clearly did, then ensuring the survival of their faith would be in their best interest, and potentially a conspiracy would then be gaining their movement power, no? Even if it came at the cost of their personal possessions/standing and even their very lives. Are we to say that no Martyr has ever had a cause that isn't true simply by merit of their being willing to die for their beliefs?

And I'm not claiming that the Resurrection was a conspiracy even; I'm making no comment on that, only that the argument presented in the video is oversimplified and therefore invalid.
For multiple individuals at that time to all witness would be very unlikely

Jesus was considered a criminal so following him and claiming this was a risk for death

There’s still an empty tomb

Jesus performed other miracles in the Bible, many others

I’ll link some more stuff

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bruh why you down voting me? We’re just having a debate lol no hate man

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t have all of the answers 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not claiming to either and I’m not trying to cause more arguments. I’m only human , not our glorious Lord

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Remember Satan tries his hardest to deceive in this world so humans lose faith and don’t receive everlasting life. He’s doing this because he was banished out of Heaven
I think too many Christians blame their shortcomings and flaws on "Satan," when it's really them putting themselves in bad situations.

Say you go to the club and end up hooking up with a stranger. That's not Satan tempting you, that's you going out of your way to put yourself in a situation where you have opportunities to do things you consider sinful. Now, if you're sitting at home minding your own business reading your Bible and a naked woman knocks on your door and offers to pay you $100,000 to have sex with you and five of her supermodel friends, then sure, maybe then that's Satan tempting you.

But people don't like to take responsibility for their actions, so having this supernatural, demonic presence/entity to blame for all of their wrongdoings and all of their sins is a very appealing concept to a lot of people.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think too many Christians blame their shortcomings and flaws on "Satan," when it's really them putting themselves in bad situations.

Say you go to the club and end up hooking up with a stranger. That's not Satan tempting you, that's you going out of your way to put yourself in a situation where you have opportunities to do things you consider sinful. Now, if you're sitting at home minding your own business reading your Bible and a naked woman knocks on your door and offers to pay you $100,000 to have sex with you and five of her supermodel friends, then sure, maybe then that's Satan tempting you.

But people don't like to take responsibility for their actions, so having this supernatural, demonic presence/entity to blame for all of their wrongdoings and all of their sins is a very appealing concept to a lot of people.
No , I mean Satan tries to deceive people from having faith so they receive everlasting life.

I agree with you there. Even if it is tempting you God still gave us the freedom to choose. We must fight our flesh 100% . But we will make mistakes hence why Jesus covered that in blood. And no, I don’t mean continue living in sin or doing horrible sins and trying to seek forgiveness. That’s not having faith at all