Hypertrop-X: this is how the Reaper does it (sponsored)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got in this am for a bit of cardio
35 minute 15% 4.4mph

feel good, not overly tired upon waking this am.

also, did a count of my hy-x will be finished with the log on sunday, last 30 pills left in the bottle :(

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
after this I will be logging Golden Finish for CL, should start by mid next week the latest. looking forward to that as well as I tried their sample and it kicked a$$. Also, will be using my scivation whey along with it, with no pills whatsoever. Which will be an interesting change of pace.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got in some nice chest today

incline bb press (8 sets) 275lbs 3 reps
decline db press (4 sets) 85lbs (had some balance issues for some odd reason)
peck deck (4 sets) 210lbs
db pullovers (4 sets) 70lbs
incline flys (4 sets) 60lbs

felt decently strong and the workout was better than expected heading in. some stress at the start of my summer program today, but this helped to work it out. Additionally, I gotta say I am never sore. I attribute that to the hy-x. very impressive feature I must say

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
all powders!!! woo!!
Im looking forward to it. Ill definitely be reading along. Great log so far! good luck with the golden finish. I tried a sample and im not sure if I liked the taste enough to finish a tub of it or not. Hope you enjoy it!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It tasted like a drink I shouldnt have :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got a litle cardio in this am with no work till monday

50 minutes 15% 4.4mph

I love teaching with the summers :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is one of the benefits of this job. I am done totally on 7-18, but my work prior to is fairly easy so it is worth it for a nice extra $$$$

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for the most part. we start back the beginning of september, but I am off as of 7/18. So I cant complain. During the school year it is a rough job, so I am always quite thankful for the time off

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
had a hell of an arm workout today

standing alternating curls (4 sets) 45lbs
1arm pull downs (4 sets) 50lbs

bb curls (4 sets) 115lbs
db extensions (4 sets) 85lbs

hammer curls (4 sets) 50lbs
reverse grip pulldowns (4 sets) 80lbs

concentration curls (4 sets) 35lbs
skull crushers (4 sets) 120lbs

machine preacher curls (4 sets) 130lbs

since I had so much time I hit it very hard today with hopes of being sore tomorrow. Just to see if I could overcome the hy-x. Feel great with a lot of energy and was surprised that my strength maintained throughout the workout

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got some morning cardio in.

40 minutes 15% 4.4mph

I am now stuck in the house for hte forseabe future as I am waiting for verizon with fios tv. hopefully they get here early

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very nice back workout this afternoon

deads (5 sets) 365lbs
bb rows (5 sets) 175lbs
underhand front pulldowns (5 sets) 150lbs
barn doors (5 sets) 70lbs
wide grip cable rows (5 sets) 170lbs

felt good, however deads always are a concern for me. I try to go light, and I still get a weird twinge in my back. This is why I only do them once a month at most.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have you tried sumo deads or another variation? Sounds like you are still kicking azz in here.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried sumo deads or another variation? Sounds like you are still kicking azz in here.
I have tried a few others, but it all stems back to injuries from my teenage years (which seem like 100 years ago). I tore my rhomboid muscle and never truly let it heal properly, so I pay the price. The only other exercise I seem to hurt it with is shrugs from time to time, go figure.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, I was informed last night that I would not be able to get my typical double today due to my mother coming in from out of town after lunch time. So I will bypass cardio today. On a positive note, I got a hell of a shoulder workout in this am. I was reading an article by Dennis WOlf about starting with upright rows, and how he feels he has had better workouts (shoulders) starting that way. SO low and behold that is what i did.

Upright rows (4 sets) 120-140lbs

Side cable laterals (4 sets) 30lbs
front bb raises (4 sets) 55lbs

BTN press (5 sets) 135-175lbs

Lying side laterals (4 sets) 15lbs
Reverse Peck deck (4 sets) 75lbs

I decided to change order, weight, and reps today entirely. I am pleased with the results. I am always worried with behind the neck press, but I went for it and was quite slow and methodical in my approach. I also figured with my back bothering me, going to 225-245 on seated press was not going to workout well

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well I started my final day of the log today and decided to lift early as opposed to the afternoon.

arms:
bb curls (5 sets) 115lbs

seated incline curls (4 sets) 40lbs
reverse 1arm pulldowns (4 sets) 50lbs

hammer curls (4 sets) 45lbs
overhead rope extensions (4 sets) 140lbs

1arm db preacher (4 sets) 50lbs
skull crushers (4 sets) 115lbs

felt good and strong. Am still tryig to incorporate higher reps in where I can. After my afternoon cardio session I will do my final review of hy-x.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
afternoon cardio

30 mintues 15% 4.4

also did some calves
standing calf raises 200lbs 5 sets
seated calf raises 150lbs 5 sets

felt good, got a good pump from the calves and the run/fast walk gave a great sweat

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review of Hypertrop-X

Well let me say this, as was originally written in by LD when this all started, you certainly were not going to see crazy gains out of this product. Which is something every tester really and hopefully expected.

Positives:
Endurance
Right from the beginning, even dosed at 4, I felt an increase in my muscular endurance. While my weights did not increase any more than they would at a normal protocol, I felt like I could keep working out and in fact I would have to convince myself it was time to step out for a while.

This also showed itself in cardio. There were days where I was exhausted heading into a cardio session, and was having a tough time convincing myself to stay on the tmill for 10 minutes. However, once i got cooking, time flew, and I was moving at a good pace.

Negatives:
Dosage
At my size, dosing at 4 or 5 is not going to give you much in way of results. I have been dosing at 6 for a while now, and feel that I could have even gone to 7. The only reason for me that this is a negative of course is the cost that it would entail had I not been testing.

Overall:
As a pre workout supplement, this is pretty good. It is not an intense energy burst or anything of that magnitude. However, it is a solid, slow, and constant feel that you do not need to end at all. Which is something at my age (32) that I feel is quite useful. It is certainly something I would use again, and would pay for on my own, which certainly says something.

A final thanks to LD and AMS for this opportunity.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Good log
looking forward to the next one!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ill have to agree with that final review. i was having to dose them at 8 caps/day to slightly notice the BA in it. it was not amazing gains, not amazing bursts of energy, or amazing pump. but it did get the job done

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for following along guys. you can follow along on the golden finish one as well. Just got it in the mail today