sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I want to take a moment to ask anyone reading this, if you enjoy any part of this log or feel like you have gotten some kind of knowledge, tidbit, or inspiration from any part of this, to please go here now & make ANY size donation in memory of Rocket, who was an incredible friend & forum member on AM who passed away earlier this year from Leukemia:

Everything I am doing now in training, this relentless drive to finally bench 405lbs, was ultimately inspired by his early passing. Losing an otherwise fit, healthy friend in a matter of months to his cancer reframed my perspective, reminding me how uncertain the future really is - how little time we may really have to do something meaningful to us.

Rocket believed in me, and he helped a lot of us believe more in ourselves. He was fond of reminding us that life is good - but he also reminded us life can be shorter than you think. And you can’t take it with you.
Thank you for sharing the fundraiser and the wonderful heartfelt words here.

I hope that we can all come together to help reach the goal of the fundraiser started in his memory by his daughter.

Rocket loved to help others and I know that raising money to help others with Leukemia is something that would make him smile.

I hope you don't mind me posting the link to this thread here, but here's a memorial thread to Rocket that was created with his family's permission and input, and it includes the link to the fundraiser and also some information about donating blood or people's next scheduled blood donations being in his honor.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's crazy that he's not here supporting everyone and posting pictures of his massive SNS inventory from his dream home gym.
I know, he touched every part of this forum. From his own log posting pictures of his awesome home gym, his supplements, his love of cars and racing, and the progress he made after 60 was amazing. But then he always found the time to support others goals in their logs, he gave great feedback on supplements and supported and promoted many of the great supplement companies we have here (he loved SNS and Steve’s products). There are memories in every section. 😔

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/29/23 - Day 37
BW 270.6 PR

Second day in a row waking up at 270 (previously hanging at 267). 2 days ago I bumped my Trest from 25 to 35mg, Dbol from 20 to 25, and Mk677 from 15 to 30. I also have consumed 5,300-5,800 calories both days, so about 7-1,000 calories more.

Instead of benching today, I’m lifting tomorrow morning at a friend’s CrossFit gym for their New Year’s lifting party. Supposed to take 360/370/380. I figure if I can do 380 on a suboptimal bench with an amateur handoff, that should give me a good idea of how ready I am for 405.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Own that **** man! Your name will become legend and uttered softly in dark corners of that gym. Watch a little CT Fletcher “Hulk Smash” and get your groove on!!!

on a serious note, nice to see the weight increase being steady. I know I add a few lbs at 30 vs 15 on the MK-677 plus it will keep that appetite up!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Own that **** man! Your name will become legend and uttered softly in dark corners of that gym. Watch a little CT Fletcher “Hulk Smash” and get your groove on!!!

on a serious note, nice to see the weight increase being steady. I know I add a few lbs at 30 vs 15 on the MK-677 plus it will keep that appetite up!
My exact thoughts, more water weight from it and appetite has been better these 2 days. I have had biscuits and gravy 4 days in a row now btw

The gym owner always tells people I’m an elite powerlifter, and I’m like hey I’m only masters level (the last tier before an elite total, not to be confused with the Masters class which is just 40+ age competitors). He’s like dude none of them have ever witnessed a 600lb raw squat - it’s elite to them 🥲

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My exact thoughts, more water weight from it and appetite has been better these 2 days. I have had biscuits and gravy 4 days in a row now btw

The gym owner always tells people I’m an elite powerlifter, and I’m like hey I’m only masters level (the last tier before an elite total, not to be confused with the Masters class which is just 40+ age competitors). He’s like dude none of them have ever witnessed a 600lb raw squat - it’s elite to them 🥲
It’s like PH said, to that gym you are a legend, and as you walk by they whisper to each other “That’s the elite power lifter that squats over 600lbs”. To be honest there’s a lot of gyms out there that have never witnessed a 600lbs squat, so once you get to that level, to me that is elite.
Looks like you settled in at 270 being your new weight…..You keep eating the biscuits and gravy, and we may have to say you’ve got a little bit of the South in your blood. And man, if you throw in some grits and bacon it’s a official.

Last edited:
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s like PH said, to that gym you are a legend, and as you walk by they whisper to each other “That’s the elite power lifter that squats over 600lbs”. To be honest there’s a lot of gyms out there that has never witnessed a 600lbs squat, so once you get to that level, to me that is elite.
Looks like you settled in at 270 being your new weight…..You keep eating the biscuits and gravy, and we may have to say you’ve got a little bit of the South in your blood. And man, if you throw in some grits and bacon it’s a official.
I have never witnessed a 600lb squat. No bull ****. I sure as hell remember the first time a saw someone pull 4 plates for sets then 5 plates for sets. It was John Cena at age 19. All of 10 days maybe 2 weeks out from his first bodybuilding show. I wanna say it was the Yankee Natural show. He only worked at my gym. Normally lifted at Hard Nocks but couldn’t get there to train. He is yelling those reps up. Entire gym stops and stares after the 405 set, he somehow makes eye contact w everyone all at once lifts end of bar and slaps a fifth plate on, walks to other side repeat, slap goes the plate! Does 2 sets of 495 4-6 rep range. Forget the name, that weight 2 weeks out 6’ 225 he said 2% day of show so maybe 5-7% bf, That’s impressive sh!t. Took second in the show. He told me if I wanna be real impressed go to an untested powerlifting meet. So I will say that to @Hyde ’s point.

But my point is this, I had known him since pre-school(not friends, just same town/little league type stuff)this was summer of 1997. He went on to WWE and movies as we all know. To date, his demonstration of Alpha Strength , showmanship, and balls out attitude that day stuck w me more than anything he did WWE or in movies. His performance before fame has resonated more than the fame itself.
This proves gphagan1 and my point.
ONE OF THE SICKEST THINGS I SAW and I’m still talking about it 26 yrs later!!!
Be legendary Bro!!!

sorry for the long message. Been an emotional run lately. Wife’s sister went to bed x-mad eve 2014 and “didn’t wake up” so the holidays r less than fun for us sometimes. And a lot of reading about @Rocket3015 just has me thinking about anything and everything. RIP Brother!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have never witnessed a 600lb squat. No bull ****. I sure as hell remember the first time a saw someone pull 4 plates for sets then 5 plates for sets. It was John Cena at age 19. All of 10 days maybe 2 weeks out from his first bodybuilding show. I wanna say it was the Yankee Natural show. He only worked at my gym. Normally lifted at Hard Nocks but couldn’t get there to train. He is yelling those reps up. Entire gym stops and stares after the 405 set, he somehow makes eye contact w everyone all at once lifts end of bar and slaps a fifth plate on, walks to other side repeat, slap goes the plate! Does 2 sets of 495 4-6 rep range. Forget the name, that weight 2 weeks out 6’ 225 he said 2% day of show so maybe 5-7% bf, That’s impressive sh!t. Took second in the show. He told me if I wanna be real impressed go to an untested powerlifting meet. So I will say that to @Hyde ’s point.

But my point is this, I had known him since pre-school(not friends, just same town/little league type stuff)this was summer of 1997. He went on to WWE and movies as we all know. To date, his demonstration of Alpha Strength , showmanship, and balls out attitude that day stuck w me more than anything he did WWE or in movies. His performance before fame has resonated more than the fame itself.
Be legendary Bro!!!

sorry for the long message. Been an emotional run lately. Wife’s sister went to bed x-mad eve 2014 and “didn’t wake up” so the holidays r less than fun for us sometimes. And a lot of reading about @Rocket3015 just has me thinking about anything and everything. RIP Brother!!!
That’s impressive about John Cena, really cool story. Sorry to hear about your wife’s sister, and I hope you and your wife, and all that follow Hyde’s log have a Happy and blessed New Year.
Hyde, I hope you and your wife and family have a great and Happy New Year, and may you both accomplish all your lifting and competition goals, and bring home those wins in 2024.🏆🏆🏆

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Be legendary Bro!!!

That is pretty cool about John Cena, dude cracks me up in his comedy roles now too.

Trust me I know how you feel on things that happen around important dates causing residual emotional trauma when the dates come around. My brother was shot and killed at my 21st birthday party on my 21st birthday. I was a wreck around my birthday for probably 10 years, repeated bouts of horrible depression, and misplaced feelings of guilt. I feel for you man, and hope that you and your family can find some peace during these times.
That’s impressive about John Cena, really cool story. Sorry to hear about your wife’s sister, and I hope you and your wife, and all that follow Hyde’s log have a Happy and blessed New Year.
Hyde, I hope you and your wife and family have a great and Happy New Year, and may you both accomplish all your lifting and competition goals, and bring home those wins in 2024.🏆🏆🏆
Agreed, may it be a great year for all of us and our loved ones!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/30/23 - Day 38
BW 273.2 pre-gym

Miniband Pullaparts, Presses, Flyes, Serratus Activation

Bench
45,135,225x8
245x6
285x5
325x3
360,380,405x1 PR

15 years. I had to train for 15 years straight & gain 110lbs to do it, but I finally benched 405 raw. There was a lot of emotion in this day for me. I nearly shed a tear as I looked at the bar loaded down with 4 plates per side before wrapping my wrists, thinking about everything it’s taken to realize this moment. The plan was only to take 380 today, but that press took less than 2 seconds to complete - I knew then that today was my day, what I was capable of.

I thought about sticking to the plan, coming back in a week or so to try it then, but then I thought about Rocket. How we’re never really guaranteed another day or chance. “How much time do you have left? When you start thinking about that, we don’t know.” is what I could hear Les Brown saying in my head.

This benchpress hung at two different points on the way up, taking every ounce of my strength to lock out, but there was never any doubt once I began. I knew in my heart I was already a 405 bencher, so it was just a matter of manifesting that truth.

Start:
IMG_9035.JPG

Chest:
IMG_9036.JPG

Lockout:
IMG_9037.JPG

IMG_9038.JPG

Got that motherf*cker!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/30/23 - Day 38
BW 273.2 pre-gym

Bench
45,135,225x8
245x6
285x5
325x3
360,380,405x1 PR

15 years. I had to train for 15 years straight & gain 110lbs to do it, but I finally benched 405 raw. There was a lot of emotion in this day for me. I nearly shed a tear as I looked at the bar loaded down with 4 plates per side before wrapping my wrists, thinking about everything it’s taken to realize this moment. The plan was only to take 380 today, but that press took less than 2 seconds to complete - I knew then that today was my day, what I was capable of.

I thought about sticking to the plan, coming back in a week or so to try it then, but then I thought about Rocket. How we’re never really guaranteed another day or chance. “How much time do you have left? When you start thinking about that, we don’t know.” is what I could hear Les Brown saying in my head.

This benchpress hung at two different points on the way up, taking every ounce of my strength to lock out, but there was never any doubt once I began. I knew in my heart I was already a 405 bencher, so it was just a matter of manifesting that truth.

Start:
View attachment 239126

Chest:
View attachment 239127

Lockout:
View attachment 239128

View attachment 239129

Got that motherf*cker!!!
That’s awesome my man, congratulations…..all that hard work paid off. And I love it that you were thinking of Rocket so much as motivation. And what’s just as impressive is you did it at the end of your bench workout, so you had already had significant weight volume before hitting 405. What a way to bring in the New Year.💪🏆🏆🏆

Last edited:

markismighty

Awards
12/30/23 - Day 38
BW 273.2 pre-gym

Bench
45,135,225x8
245x6
285x5
325x3
360,380,405x1 PR

Start:
View attachment 239126

Chest:
View attachment 239127

Lockout:
View attachment 239128

View attachment 239129

Got that motherf*cker!!!
405 is a milestone, congrats

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats @Hyde, Big accomplishment!!!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12/30/23 - Day 38
BW 273.2 pre-gym

Bench
45,135,225x8
245x6
285x5
325x3
360,380,405x1 PR

Start:
View attachment 239126

Chest:
View attachment 239127

Lockout:
View attachment 239128

View attachment 239129

Got that motherf*cker!!!
Fukk yeah!! Way to kill it brother!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
12/30/23 - Day 38
BW 273.2 pre-gym

Bench
45,135,225x8
245x6
285x5
325x3
360,380,405x1 PR

Start:
View attachment 239126

Chest:
View attachment 239127

Lockout:
View attachment 239128

View attachment 239129

Got that motherf*cker!!!
Dude I thought for sure you were gonna take a few more days, but **** man when you got it you gotta take it! Congrats on a monster!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you everyone!

It was a really important barrier to break, for myself. I feel like doing this lift unlocked something in me, proving to myself that there aren’t any true limits, just plateaus that may get harder to overcome.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
12/31/23 - Day 39
BW 270.0

DB Low Incline Bench
30x20
50,70x15
90x12
100x10
110x8
120x10

Spoto Press
135x8
225x5
275 5x3

Incline DB Williams Extensions
30,35,30,30x15

Widegrip Lat Pulldown
110x12
143,165x15
187x12
209x8

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
30 2x15

DB Hammercurls
30 2x12

Went in yesterday morning to finish up the rest of the upper body work for my last training session of the year. Pretty happy how strong & capable I felt considering the PR max out the day prior. The pumps from the Dbol were insane; I just started talking to people between sets of pulldowns to pass time because my lats had turned to immovable granite.

And on that note, there’s a few days worth of Dbol remaining but I’m dropping it (and obviously no more bench day Anadrol) - I need to try to get this acid reflux back under control & restore some lost appetite. I will attempt to continue with some daily Trest for now since the bottle is open (if it doesn’t appear to be a culprit), but I will stop that as well if necessary. Mk677 is also done, as it represented an extra strain on blood pressure and glucose. I hit my goal, so looking to get things back to a more balanced place. I am done force-feeding & overeating, and will be happy if I can get a few pounds off. Just standing up at 270lbs is tiring.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, you have been pushing calories very hard, I can understand why you don't want to just keep pushing. Congrats again on that PR!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
12/31/23 - Day 39
BW 270.0

DB Low Incline Bench
30x20
50,70x15
90x12
100x10
110x8
120x10

Spoto Press
135x8
225x5
275 5x3

Incline DB Williams Extensions
30,35,30,30x15

Widegrip Lat Pulldown
110x12
143,165x15
187x12
209x8

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
30 2x15

DB Hammercurls
30 2x12

Went in yesterday morning to finish up the rest of the upper body work for my last training session of the year. Pretty happy how strong & capable I felt considering the PR max out the day prior. The pumps from the Dbol were insane; I just started talking to people between sets of pulldowns to pass time because my lats had turned to immovable granite.

And on that note, there’s a few days worth of Dbol remaining but I’m dropping it (and obviously no more bench day Anadrol) - I need to try to get this acid reflux back under control & restore some lost appetite. I will attempt to continue with some daily Trest for now since the bottle is open (if it doesn’t appear to be a culprit), but I will stop that as well if necessary. Mk677 is also done, as it represented an extra strain on blood pressure and glucose. I hit my goal, so looking to get things back to a more balanced place. I am done force-feeding & overeating, and will be happy if I can get a few pounds off. Just standing up at 270lbs is tiring.
I can attest to how much work it is being 270. I couldn’t feel it as much at the time because I was there for so long but after dropping weight it was amazing how much better I feel, knees don’t hurt anymore and just have a lot more energy/ endurance.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weighing 263.0 this morning after a couple days of very light eating and stopping the Dbol & Mk677. Still on 25mg Trest Ace/day for now, but Bigger By The Day is most certainly completed.

Been feeling generally bad & exhausted last couple days, no appetite & frequent headaches, to the point I overslept my training alarm today and actually slept right up until needing to begin work. This was definitely the right move. Looking to get back into routine lower body power training again tomorrow night.

I would like to use the remainder of this Trest vial to bring my weight down a bit further to take advantage of the greatly enhanced nitrogen retention and nutrient partitioning it affords. I have found I can still feel pretty spry around 255lbs if I am implementing some routine walking (I haven’t been).

I can attest to how much work it is being 270. I couldn’t feel it as much at the time because I was there for so long but after dropping weight it was amazing how much better I feel, knees don’t hurt anymore and just have a lot more energy/ endurance.
Every 10lbs I can feel, and 20lbs is usually very significant changes in ability to walk, jump, sprint, and even just standing endurance. When I’m in the 260s, I’m always trying to lean on things and generally looking to sit as soon as possible as much as possible. It’s a bad time.

“Never stand when you can sit, sit when you can lay, or just lay when you could be napping.” - Stan Efferding, talking about preparing for powerlifting.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, NOT a New Year’s Resolution, because I do not believe in waiting to pursue real goals, but I have completed my 4-plate bench coincidentally by end of 2023 so it’s time to evaluate what’s next.

I have recently squat 644.8 in comp. I have benched 396.8 & done 405 in the gym. I have only pulled 628 in comp, 630 in training, and my deadlift hasn’t even been that strong in 3.5 years (even with the advent of the Kabuki bar at meets now). I have only taken 611 the last 2 meets.

I need to get back to focusing on my deadlift & make that stronger than ever. There are inevitable back (and grip) issues I will have to navigate pushing it, but it’s the last piece to being able to put together a 1,700lb sleeved total. Plus, pulling 300kg/661lbs is something I was built for - if I was able to bench 405 despite these ape arms, I darn sure better hold myself to being a 300-puller eventually.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Every 10lbs I can feel, and 20lbs is usually very significant changes in ability to walk, jump, sprint, and even just standing endurance. When I’m in the 260s, I’m always trying to lean on things and generally looking to sit as soon as possible as much as possible. It’s a bad time
Being out of breath on short jogs to the warehouse is what got me motivated to drop weight from 242lbs but what blew my mind when I got down to 200 was how hard it was to add even say 10lbs on a weight belt to my pull ups, and how much better my knees felt after hikes. It's like a lightbulb went off and I realized I had been doing those things with a 40lb weight vest on before.

Also, NOT a New Year’s Resolution, because I do not believe in waiting to pursue real goals, but I have completed my 4-plate bench coincidentally by end of 2023 so it’s time to evaluate what’s next.
I'm the same way, I'd like to be a new years resolution guy but I'm not because I'm always chasing some new goal all year. Coincidentally though my wife and I are yet again doing a dry January and I feel silly about it when I heard that it's apparently a thing that a lot of people do, but for she and I its just the nastiness of the holidays. even when you behave better than most, I still feel the sludge of too much sugar, too many drinks, and a desire to have normal routines back in place. It's less about a new year and more about picking a measurable time period of improvement for her and I. especially when so much is still happening in regards to social obligations Dec 25-Dec 31.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ate a bit more food yesterday as appetite seems to be improving. Dropped another pound of course as metabolism is still high. I have cut sugar & most junk as I try to get used to real food again. I don’t need to eat for maintenance, just trying to get back to eating quality fuel.

Besides a leftover biscuit, food was corned beef, oranges, roasted chicken, rice & beans, beets, greek yogurt w/ honey, Fairlife 2% & Raisin Bran.

I haven’t taken any Famotidine in about 36 hours & things have gone well. Besides needing a couple Tums in the middle of the night I haven’t had any reflux, so it seems like injectable Dbol was the culprit but Trest solo is fine.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like things are going well for you. Looking forward to you hitting that 300kg deadlift. Will be an awesome thing to follow!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like things are going well for you. Looking forward to you hitting that 300kg deadlift. Will be an awesome thing to follow!
That’s definitely a longterm goal btw, not an immediate one. I don’t believe I could pull even 600 right now unfortunately, but that just means it’s time to get moving towards this new priority.

Deadlift can be a tough thing for me - the only thing I know for sure works for me is hard, specific work, but I struggle to recover from the necessary volume. Plus it can be a minefield of aggravating old injuries, but these are things I’ll just have to navigate as they come! The climb is what makes the summit worthwhile.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/3/24
BW 262.2

Band Lat/Upper back warmup
Static Hang
KB One-leg Deadlifts
BB Jefferson Curls

3” Deficit Deadlift, Tex DL bar
135x5
225x3
315,365x1
+belt
415,455,500x1

Paused Frontsquats
45,135x8
185 3x8

Leg Extensions
90 3x15

Lying Leg Curls
90 3x12

First workout of the year & first lower session in 10 days, so (as you can see) I took this one easy to just get the ball rolling. Work capacity needs rebuilt, and I didn’t want to feel smashed - need to be ready to go again in a few days come Sunday. Got a pull in over 95% for the day & the rest was mindful hypertrophy at lower RPE. I will be looking to add a posterior accessory (or 2) next week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s definitely a longterm goal btw, not an immediate one. I don’t believe I could pull even 600 right now unfortunately, but that just means it’s time to get moving towards this new priority.

Deadlift can be a tough thing for me - the only thing I know for sure works for me is hard, specific work, but I struggle to recover from the necessary volume. Plus it can be a minefield of aggravating old injuries, but these are things I’ll just have to navigate as they come! The climb is what makes the summit worthwhile.
It is really the climb to the summit I am excited about seeing. The actual realization of the goal will be the time to celebrate it, but I love watching you work through things, and explaining why you are doing things the way you are. I am inspired by your efforts and knowledge in your area of fitness expertise! You tend to take the right approach, and set a good example of when to push the risk / reward relationship based on the goal and knowing the risks you are willing to take and why you are willing to take them. Plus you do the right things to try to avoid those pitfalls and remain as healthy as possible in the face of what you are doing. All of those things are great examples to set, and you are definitely known as a leader here in our little AM family!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is really the climb to the summit I am excited about seeing. The actual realization of the goal will be the time to celebrate it, but I love watching you work through things, and explaining why you are doing things the way you are. I am inspired by your efforts and knowledge in your area of fitness expertise! You tend to take the right approach, and set a good example of when to push the risk / reward relationship based on the goal and knowing the risks you are willing to take and why you are willing to take them. Plus you do the right things to try to avoid those pitfalls and remain as healthy as possible in the face of what you are doing. All of those things are great examples to set, and you are definitely known as a leader here in our little AM family!
Wow, thank you for that. I’m glad you enjoy following the process!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
415,455,500x1
I took this one easy to just get the ball rolling.
you aint no slouch, that's a solid session for an 'easy' day lol.
I'm looking forward to seeing what additional posterior work you opt to throw in though.

I am inspired by your efforts and knowledge in your area of fitness expertise!
Plus you do the right things to try to avoid those pitfalls and remain as healthy as possible in the face of what you are doing.
Ditto to all of this. Your drive and work ethic really challenges our own personal accountability which I'm grateful for, and I love the way you handle the speedbumps as they arrive and work through them.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love the way you worded it earlier, that there are no true limits just plateaus that may get harder, but we must overcome over time. I look forward to seeing you blast through your Deadlift PR, and increase your total. And like Kleen said I really enjoy watching your process along the journey to reaching your goals. I had a rough year in 2023 with plaguing injuries derailing a lot I was able to accomplish in 2021 and 2022, after coming back from an injury in late 2019, which I suffered going for and hitting 365 on bench at 55 years old, but unfortunately my old butt just doesn’t heal like I used to so it’s been an up and down battle over the last couple of years. Anyway, yours, Kleen, Smont, Rocket and Dustin’s logs have actually been very motivating to get through 2023 and overcome those plateaus to a better 2024. My goal is to get back to at least 315 on bench by the end of 2024, without injury. Sorry not trying to clog your log with that, but I truly enjoy these logs.👍

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyway, yours, Kleen, Smont, Rocket and Dustin’s logs have actually been very motivating to get through 2023 and overcome those plateaus to a better 2024. My goal is to get back to at least 315 on bench by the end of 2024, without injury. Sorry not trying to clog your log with that, but I truly enjoy these logs
an interesting dynamic among competitive athletes is that while we're all driven, we are also inspired and motivated by the success of our friends, competitors etc. When my lifting buddy hits a PR that I miss, it still feels like I had a successful day being there to experience it with him.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love the way you worded it earlier, that there are no true limits just plateaus that may get harder, but we must overcome over time. I look forward to seeing you blast through your Deadlift PR, and increase your total. And like Kleen said I really enjoy watching your process along the journey to reaching your goals. I had a rough year in 2023 with plaguing injuries derailing a lot I was able to accomplish in 2021 and 2022, after coming back from an injury in late 2019, which I suffered going for and hitting 365 on bench at 55 years old, but unfortunately my old butt just doesn’t heal like I used to so it’s been an up and down battle over the last couple of years. Anyway, yours, Kleen, Smont, Rocket and Dustin’s logs have actually been very motivating to get through 2023 and overcome those plateaus to a better 2024. My goal is to get back to at least 315 on bench by the end of 2024, without injury. Sorry not trying to clog your log with that, but I truly enjoy these logs.
Not clogging at all; I would love to see you realize that goal - if you want to PM me ever we could talk about where you are at now, your current split, what it would probably take to get you back to 315. Talking about timelines for numbers, physical limitations, scheduling of training, diet, bodyweight, gear.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not clogging at all; I would love to see you realize that goal - if you want to PM me ever we could talk about where you are at now, your current split, what it would probably take to get you back to 315. Talking about timelines for numbers, physical limitations, scheduling of training, diet, bodyweight, gear.
This, it is just a small example of why I can easily say you are a leader around here, and know that everyone will agree, and also that if they don't they are wrong. ;)

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really appreciate that brother. 👍

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/4/24
BW 260.8

Reverse Hyper
300x25
390 2x15

Fatgrip DB Jefferson Curl to Bent Row
55/hand 2x12

DB Preacher Curls
10 2x15 (working strength at peak flexion)

Hit the garage on lunch break to flush my back out; managed to BBQ my erectors in the process! Attempted some curls and was able to work in some flexion I haven’t trained in a long time - 10lbs was plenty at the very top for my left arm.

Felt good to be out in the garage again, touching some cold steel.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That should do the trick! I bet you feel great after that session.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That should do the trick! I bet you feel great after that session.
I honestly do. The back pump was absolutely gnarly though. I had planned 3 sets of the Jefferson Bent Rows for my lats, but erectors were done after 2, with the hypers prior.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1/3/24
BW 262.2

Band Lat/Upper back warmup
Static Hang
KB One-leg Deadlifts
BB Jefferson Curls

3” Deficit Deadlift, Tex DL bar
135x5
225x3
315,365x1
+belt
415,455,500x1

Paused Frontsquats
45,135x8
185 3x8

Leg Extensions
90 3x15

Lying Leg Curls
90 3x12

First workout of the year & first lower session in 10 days, so (as you can see) I took this one easy to just get the ball rolling. Work capacity needs rebuilt, and I didn’t want to feel smashed - need to be ready to go again in a few days come Sunday. Got a pull in over 95% for the day & the rest was mindful hypertrophy at lower RPE. I will be looking to add a posterior accessory (or 2) next week.
This is amazing. Only in here could you say you "took it easy" after hitting 500x1. Crazy!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/5/24

Band Pullaparts
2x33
Serratus Activations

Bench
45x15
135,205x8
245x6
285x5
320x1
+XL Slingshot
360x1
+L 2-Ply Slingshot
390x1
+elbow sleeves & deadlift belt
415,425,440x1 PR

Wall Pec Stretches

Bar Cable Tricep Pressdown
40x50
30x30,20

I don’t train equipped and lockout is my weak point right now, so benching 200kg was both a 35lb slanger PR & exactly what I needed to train that top end strain. Everything felt heavy after maxing 405 less than a week ago (and losing 10lbs since), so I’m pretty happy with this.

IMG_9051.JPG

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1/5/24

Band Pullaparts
2x33
Serratus Activations

Bench
45x15
135,205x8
245x6
285x5
320x1
+XL Slingshot
360x1
+L 2-Ply Slingshot
390x1
415,425,440x1 PR

Wall Pec Stretches

40x50
30x30,20

I don’t train equipped and lockout is my weak point right now, so benching 200kg was both a 35lb slanger PR & exactly what I needed to train that top end strain. Everything felt heavy after maxing 405 less than a week ago (and losing 10lbs since), so I’m pretty happy with this.

View attachment 239303
Congrats on the PR, especially considering you just hit that 405.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
1/5/24

Band Pullaparts
2x33
Serratus Activations

Bench
45x15
135,205x8
245x6
285x5
320x1
+XL Slingshot
360x1
+L 2-Ply Slingshot
390x1
415,425,440x1 PR

Wall Pec Stretches

40x50
30x30,20

View attachment 239303
Hell yeah nice PR!