HPTA imbalance

Johndante

Awards
Hi all. Looking for some opinions.

I just had bloods done by one of my docs, and it came back showing some pretty nasty stuff, hormonally.

SHBG: 60.2 nmol/L
E2: 60 pg/ml
Total T: 365 ng/dL
Free T: 4.6 ng/dL

Not awful, but certainly not great. FSH and LH were “normal”, but on the low side as well. E2 seems way high, and my T has never been this low. This caught me off guard, since I’ve never done real gear (just a couple PH cycles and a few sarms runs, years ago) and my HP axis should still be okay. When I had bloods done in October of last year, test was in the upper 500s, and E2 was under 30.

I’m already lifting, getting good fats, multivitamins and all that. Doc suggested DIM to level things out. I’ve been doing it, but I don’t know how big a difference it’s making. Still no morning wood, lagging sex drive, lethargic. The other day I came across some Arimistane in my medicine cabinet from a year or two ago, and was wondering if that might be a better option (I’d get some new stuff, since I don’t know what the shelf life on that is). I want to try to keep everything OTC, if I can. I’ve got heart disease, so messing with anything too real isn’t in the cards for me anymore.

Any thoughts? I don’t want to crash my E2, but would love to not feel so lousy anymore.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sarms and PH's are just as harmful as "real" gear as you put it. I'm just saying, that sarms and PH ARE gear, period. The fact that you can buy them legally does not change that. They all shutt you down and in my opinion can cause more harm bc people who take them usually don't know what they are doing.

Now to the point, what you should do. You should go see an endocrinologist. Period. Your hpta is in a bad state.

Now for some internet bro science; you should try and do a restart. Meaning, take a serm for 4 weeks at a medium dose and couple it with aromasin. Like 20/20/10/10 tamox + 12.5mg aromasin eod. Aromasin is for shbg and for high e2. Then whait 4 weeks and do bloods again.

More broscience: your test could be low bc of high e2. So just lowering e2 with an ai, down to 20's, might convince your brain to make more LH... But if you've maybe never done a real PCT bc you never did real gear then I would suggest to do tamox plus aromasin either way...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, if you haven't taken anything recently, I'd go see an Endo, if you can.

Johndante

Awards
Gotcha. Thanks for the input. The last time I took anything was February 2016, so it seems strange that things would shut down this late in the game. It was something I got over the counter without knowing what it was, and they told me it wouldn’t shut me down— I obviously know better now. I was still feeling so lousy a couple months later that I did a restart with clomid and exemestane. Everything was fine after that for the next few years until now. I’ll see if I can get in touch with a doc to get an opinion about options, if the lowering E2 doesn’t work, I guess. Would arimistane be strong enough? I’m guessing the DIM probably isn’t worth much?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gotcha. Thanks for the input. The last time I took anything was February 2016, so it seems strange that things would shut down this late in the game. It was something I got over the counter without knowing what it was, and they told me it wouldn’t shut me down— I obviously know better now. I was still feeling so lousy a couple months later that I did a restart with clomid and exemestane. Everything was fine after that for the next few years until now. I’ll see if I can get in touch with a doc to get an opinion about options, if the lowering E2 doesn’t work, I guess. Would arimistane be strong enough? I’m guessing the DIM probably isn’t worth much?
No. Arimistane definitely isn't strong enough.

Honestly, I'm not sure that lowering Estrogen will fix your problems, but you could try it.
It seems like something is off in your body.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arimistane can drop your e2 5 to 8 points. You need a proper ai.

Honestly, i think that a serm and an ai would probably bring you back to your baseline levels of 500. Compared to your baseline you aren't so suppressed. And estrogen in the 60' can lower your LH and total test. Still, seeing a doctor that knows his stuff wouldn't be a bad idea ; )