how much should I be eating?

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
I am 5'10.5" and weigh in most mornings a little under 175lbs. Right now my diet usually looks something like this:

Morning: 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 pieces wheat tost, protein shake

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Turkey/Tuna Sandwich (2 pieces wheat bread w/ cheese, lettuce)

Preworkout: Protein Shake

Post Workout: Protein Shake/Bananna

Dinner: Tuna Sandwich, Chicken, Hamburger, steak, turkey sandwich, etc and also either fruit, lettuce salad, something like that

Before Bed: 1 tbsp natty peanut butter

Is this enough food for me during the course of a day? I want to lose my gut, but i also dont want to lose muscle when I am cutting fat. My workout today was good as far as pump and how i felt went, but my lifts were way down. Felt weak and I wonder if its because of the diet??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Roughly how many kcals are you eating a day? Also, what is your goal for the next 3 months?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
It could be the minimal amount of carbs your taking in or overall just not enough calories. Off hand Im not sure how many kcals that is but it could be too low. Plug it into fitday.com and come out with a breakdown for it.

Also as for a suggestion I would take out the whole eggs with breakfast and make it all whites, and add in some oats. Take out the oats in lunch and take in carbs pre/post workout as that is when your body will really need them. ANd also try adding in some more fiberouse veggies into the diet. Lastly Take in some protein before bed like f/f cottage cheese.

How long have you been on this layout? What were you doing before? Whats your activity level like? THeres alot of factors that determine how much to take in.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
over the next three months i would like to get down to about 165lbs without losing any muscle mass.

thanks for the suggestions OCCFan, any other suggestions for the protein before bed? i HATE cottage cheese. it makes me gag and want to throw up when i eat it. its so terrible. i have been doing this layout for about a month, and have seen decent results, but lately lifts have been down.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
over the next three months i would like to get down to about 165lbs without losing any muscle mass.

thanks for the suggestions OCCFan, any other suggestions for the protein before bed? i HATE cottage cheese. it makes me gag and want to throw up when i eat it. its so terrible. i have been doing this layout for about a month, and have seen decent results, but lately lifts have been down.

try some new brands! the first time i tried cottage cheese i hated it also. I like friendship 1% fat.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea I at first foudn it very hard to down cottage cheese but now I really cant get enough of it (fat free I believe breakstones with some water is awsome!) Also like cable said I have tried other brands and absolutley hated them so it could be the brand you tried.

As for alternatives they do make night time proteins (Slow releasing casein) however for dieting down whole foods would be best. As for what kinds I have only really used cottage cheese and night time protein powders (but they were expensive and I love c/c anyway)

Sorry I cant really think of other pre bed meals but Im sure someone will chime in with a suggestion (also theres some meal plans in other posts so if you run a search Im sure something will turn up.)

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Howabout a full fat yoghurt with a slow release protein shake with water? Sorry, im not a big fan of humans drinking milk, hence the water. When you say protien shake, whats in it?

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Food Lion fat free cottage cheese is awesome, by far the best I have found.
If you can stomach fish at bed, I like tuna or salmon they drive up the metabolism at night pretty good, or as previously stated casein protein ( I like ON casein )
I think cottage cheese is the best option if you can do it.