How much DS Lean Xtreme can control cortisol?

Shinigami

Shinigami

Awards
So i'm working out with a friend and let's say we are "testing" the effectiveness of some products out there by our own, that's the reason why i would be grateful to a DS rep if he would reply this.

Just to make an example, last month we both ran PES Erase, "results" were that i started to feel joint's problems at 2 caps a day (dropped to 1 meanwhile) instead he didn't feel any problem at 3 caps. For those who are not aware of this product, it is an estrogen control and other things.

Currently we are trying out Lean Xtreme. Before anything, i have to say that i feel i am a bit stressed, i work everyday and i train 2 times a day (weights in the morning, cardio in the afternoon) 7 days a week for a competition (not bb), in the meanwhile i have to monitor daily my caloric intake to figure out how much is my current mainteneance to get myself in a light hypocaloric-mode and drop some fat; fat is primaly stored in my abdomen area, under the belly button. Instead, my friend (he trains 3 times a week) is pretty lean (although he is heavier then me) and has a better body fat.

So, gettin' to the point: LX states to use 2-4 caps a day. My friend ran it at 2 caps a day and started to feel joints problem after 4 days and had to drop to 1. Me, i'm currently running it 4 times a day and i don't feel any problem at all. I like to specify this because somewhere else i've read that upping the dosage is suggested only to +200 lbs dudes.

Now the question: the fact that i'm 170 lbs and i ran at 4 caps a day without having problems and that my friend is 200 lbs and he ran it at 2 caps a day having problems, does that means that i have higher levels of cortisol to control?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Dose it once upon waking, once 4 hours later, and one pre-bedd. 4x a day is excessive. You can't extrapolate cortisol levels like that, as it is multifactorial.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Just stick to 3 caps per day, don't go to 4. It will last the 30 days and any benefits to a 4th cap will be marginal and not worth the increased use of product. Tell your friend to take more fish oil, since starting 9 grams fish oil (cheaper 300 mg EPA/DHA per gram ones) per day haven't had a single joint problem, plus the other benefits aren't too bad either.

Shinigami

Shinigami

Awards
Oh, thank you for your replies, but maybe i wasn't too clear with the question...

I've already read every single thread made on this product and obviously what are the suggested doses, but primary all the guys that use this are bodybuilders or working on weights few times a week and that's all. As said, beside my daily work, this is my current training schedule for a competition in August:

MON: morning weights - afternoon LISS
TUE: morning weights - afternoon LISS
WED: morning LISS - afternoon HIIT
THU: morning weights - afternoon LISS
FRI: morning weights - afternoon LISS
SAT: morning LISS - afternoon HIIT
SUN: morning LISS - afternoon HIIT
No rest

Maybe would start thinking about "overtraining" but me and the people who follow me believe that if nutrition and rest on night time is on check, i would not have any problem of overtrain. So, beside that, it feels kinda strange that i don't have any problem at all with joints, and my friend who doesn't hit a run by a long time has instead joint's problem. So, i just wanted to know if the fact that i don't feel any problem is because my cortisol levels are sky high. The point is that all of my fat is stored in the abdomen area around/below the belly area, and i've read here and there that cortisol is one of the primary causes of this, if it's not typical broscience.

I don't want to bump dosage to 1928 caps a day until i feel joint's problem to understand if this thing works or not if that is what is going through your mind, and, even if i would, at 25 yrs old that only would be me to blame for such a decision and i'm completely aware of that. I even don't need to bump the dosage until i feel joint's problem because that would be a serious problem for my training as i would have to stop for a few days.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Not having joint problems does not mean your cortisol is not under control. You could have sky high or very low cortisol and your joints in particular could be fine either way. Some people have joint issues with low cortisol, some don't. I personally never feel joint issues with any cortisol type product, even in high doses, while simultaneously leaning out very nicely in the abdomen region, so I take that as a sign my cortisol is indeed being modulated. I would stick to the 3 caps for a few weeks to see how you respond and go from there, but I would personally not go above 3, even if you don't feel joint pain. Your cortisol spikes at certain points of the day and just taking more pills throughout the day will not necessarily control your cortisol more than taking the recommended dose.

Shinigami

Shinigami

Awards
Appreciated, your reply cleared up my doubts.

Younglifter16

Awards
That's a buttload of cardio on wednsedays and weekends. I feel you can do with either HIIT or the LI, not both. But if you're not dropping muscle and it's working, then by all means you're more then welcome to continue doing so. Just remember more isn't better.

My joints never hurt on lean xtreme and I went up to 3 caps a day for 2 months straight. Not an issue. Same with triazole. Some people just respond differently. No need to put any thought into it, it (joint issues) has nothing to do with your cortisol levels. Your friend is leaner so therefore his joints are going to hurt more to begin with since he'll have less cushioning in his joints.