How much can you bench??:)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
C'mon, someone had to ask!

Im at 265 for 6...about to start a T1 cycle:)

BigV

Now Im looking for someone to post in here and put me to shame:) (which should be pretty easy, with the behemoths we have on this board!)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
aw, come on man - just trying to have a little fun:) Should have put the thread in off-topic though...

not trying to be a cock or anything...i just know a lot of the guys on here are huge, needed a little inspiration you know...

But you're right, It really dosent matter.

Draven

Awards
  • Established
My 1RM is 210 but considering I only weight 165 at 5'9 I think it's ok. :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's more than I could do when I weighed 175...

IronMike

Awards
I don't use a barbell, I can incline DB press 90lbs for 6 reps and 105lbs on the flat for 8 reps.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I don't bench and if I did I certainly would not do singles. My shoulders simply will not allow it. Strictly, dumbbell bench for me with reps no lower than 5.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
my 1rm for bench is about 245 but for only weighing in at 170 its not bad..

i hit 85's 8 times for dumbbell INCLINE :)

crazypete

Awards
who cares. what the hell can you power clean, deadlift, snatch, squat.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
On Incline DB I get 110x9
Last time I did bar benches was at 350x6 but my wrists just wont let that happen anymore. Oh yea I'm at 195 8%bf right now

Agree with CrazyPete though Squat is a much more impressive lift but I've been recovering from a calf injury so my squat SUCKS right now.

syko

Awards
last workout for back i did 405 8 times 3/4 deads, new pr btw @ 188

last set too held the last rep for like 8 sec.

back is getting thick.

peace.

oh yeah i do incline 225 for 8 reps plus two negatives.

last time i maxed on flat ( before wrestling season) i was at 285 and i weighed approx 180.

peace, again.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Those lifts are bad ass!!

Clean+Press - 205
Squat - 315 x 10. Havent tried to go any higher yet -
Deadlift - 450

Havent done straight power cleans or snatches...

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I benched a 1RM of 255 last october (last time I "maxed" ) and I weighed about 148-150 at the time.

Deadlift was 345 for 2 and squat...uhh...never maxed on the squat.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
130 for 10
I knew you would say that ;)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
:eek:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
why the light weight here (sigh) i dont max, however here's mine for sets of 5 reps (5' 9-5'9 1/2 and 182)

squat: 315 x 5
deadlift: 315 x 5
db flat: 90 x 5 (i wont share my bb) ha

Sage

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i'm doin a db routine right now but three weeks ago when i last benched i did 275 for 8....and have worked up to 315x5 on deads and squats...ok not great but if you only knew how far i've come on those lifts! and sky's the limit. best db flatbench press i ever did was 120x6.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The dumbell racks in my gym only go to 100s!!

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
Most ever (juiced) was 315 for 3 reps + 305 for 6 reps.

Only do inclines now- Most recent (natural?) 235 for 5 reps.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
335 for 1 (I was 18) and 130 DB for 4 on Shoulder press. Plus 245 on inclinefor 2-3 reps

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I can bench 385, but I also weigh about 300 lbs. so my weight to strength ration isn't real impressive.

Anxed

Awards
I dont use barbell bench either, but I use 105s for 10 on dumbbell flat..

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

I most certainly agree. We are turning this forum into everything we didn't want it to be.:mad:
bump

this would have been better in off topic.. although i have asked some stupid questions lets try to keep the questions to educational questions that your actually going to learn something from..

:saw:bb.com

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I most certainly agree. We are turning this forum into everything we didn't want it to be.
I dont agree. If this were turning into this board into something we dont want it to be, then this thread would turn into a flame war and go on for 400 posts between two or three people that really had nothing constructive to say.

When ever a bunch of guys (or girls) interested in lifting get together, someone is bound to ask the question that is the title of this thread. That's why there's a smiley face at the end:)

You and bone are right, it dosent matter at all. But its interesting to talk about. And maybe the guys that are putting up some massive poundages can give us some advice:)

BigVrunga

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established

Yeah I know, sorry about that...
haha no biggie, a mod could move this thing in like two seconds where we could keep it alive cause frankly i wouldnt mind seeing some of the monsters in here post up on this too, but i understand why they dont want it in here..

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by LakeMountD

haha no biggie, a mod could move this thing in like two seconds where we could keep it alive cause frankly i wouldnt mind seeing some of the monsters in here post up on this too, but i understand why they dont want it in here..
Ok, it's been in here for awhile, I'll move it for now, although it is about an exercise ;)

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not quite sure why this was moved. This thread belongs in exercise science/training.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know, I wasn't going to, but I figured a day or so in off-topic will give this some more attention. These guys want to see who can push the big weights!

I'm at 365 1R max, which at my weight should definitely be more, but cutting won't help that I'm sure!

BTW I'll move this back soon if no one else does John.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
130 for 10

Dumbells I mean....

Same here, only because my gym's dumbells only go to 130..

Oonce I did 165's for 5 reps, hardest time ever! I weighed 215 at the time.. ;)

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just pullin your chain a little big guy. :D

Actually I used to be able to bench around 300, but I was about 20 then, so I have no clue. I only do incline presses now, with bb and db at approx 30 degrees. At this angle you hit the entire chest with focus on the upper. Never saw anyone with an overdeveloped upper chest.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by crazypete
,  snatch, 

love that stuff....havn't had any in a few months myself though.

hehe....

h19

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
most i've ever done

180 at 2 reps on the flat BB
145 at 2 reps on the shoulder press BB
285 at 10 reps on the squats
205 at 8 reps on the deadlifts (always because of my wrists giving out)

and this was at 165lbs... squats were done at 157lbs

lets see if i can break these numbers on this cycle :D

Gilster

Awards
405 for 4 reps followed up by 395 for 6 reps, 5 minutes later. Did this post cycle. Of course I was at 285 lbs when I did this so the ratio is not as impressive as some of the ones I have seen above. I wish I had the ratios some of you guys have. I never go for max when on a cycle. Max on cycle is 335 for 10. Too scared to hurt myself. I had a torn rotator 8 years ago and I need to be carefull, specially at 40 years old. I don't really believe in 1 rep max's. 4 rep minimum for a max for me.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Woah! This thread lives!!

Ive got the bench up to 295x4 now - I think some MaxOT postcycle and some serious eating could get me in the 300's. In a couple months. Or another cycle of T1:) But I dont know about that...

A year-and-a-half ago I was struggling with 205 for 4.

I can rep the hell out of 100's, but thats all we got!:)

But that's all nothin' Get this guys...

There was a bench press competition at my gym this past weekend, and the winner put up

602x1 !!!!!

SIXHUNDRED AND TWO FRIGGIN POUNDS!!!

He works with a guy who weighs 185 (at 5'2") and puts up over 530. I think he's ranked nationally as a powerlifter...I used to work out in his gym (closed down because it was too cool...they played heavy metal over the PA!) and there was this whole wall covered in bench trophies.

Just awesome, I cant even conceive putting up that kind of weight. I dont know if I would ever want to!

BigVrunga

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
Ya don't even ask me how I found this thread lol.....

So BigVrunga is has been many years so what are you at now?

BB 275x8
DB Flat 120x10
DB Incline 100x12
DB Decline 120x14
Squat 275x8

My gym only go's up to 120's I stay far away from BB and 1 rep because I have messed my shoulder up 1 tooooo many times and its just not worth it anymore! Sucks I had to learn the hard way....

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
LOL!! I never thought I'd see this thread again!!:D

When I made that last post, I was on a cycle of T1 and my max was 295 x 4.

About 6-months after that I tore a tendon in my chest, and messed up my shoulders something fierce - I couldnt even do 10 pushups for almost 6 months...

A few months after I thought I was healed up I got under the bench again and could put up 225 x 2!!!:) Worked my way back up until at my peak bench-strength I could put up 345x1, 305 x 6-7...I was 240lbs at the time and a bulked out freakasaurus.

Ive been cutting for about a year now (on and off, its been rough while i tried to figure out what to do:)), and Im down to ~213lbs and Ive lost some strength on my bench...I think my max now is ~320 on a good day. Most of my other lifts are actually up 5-10 lbs from when I was at my heaviest. My bench always sucks the big one though!!

Usually I'll work out with ~245-250 for sets of 10 - all Im focused on right now is getting lean really.

And that is all a long winded way of saying Im not as strong as I should be!!:D

Ill get it back up there later this year though, and be <10% bodyfat while Im at it. Im done with the whole 'all out bulk' thing...

BV

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
275X1 for me :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Since I never contributed, I'm at 125lbs for 10 currently. :)

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
See I just needed to break out the jumper cables for this thread lol...

I'm with you BigV on the cutting down, I'm trying to get to 8% body fat myself, I don't know if it will ever happen but that is my goal. Ahh you said T1 lol I just got off that about a month ago now man did I love that stuff, damm ban lol.......

Mason

Awards
I might as well chime in, bench 1rm 225, deadlift 420. Only things I've maxed out on. I am 175. 5'9. 15 years old.