How many oats in PWO Shake?

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I've read and re-read all of the discussion on High Vs. Low GI PWO, and I have decided to go with Low GI. My question is, how many grams of oats are you guys using in your PWO shakes?

Also, is there any else to add? Leucine?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grams? Dunno...Whatever a half cup comes out to.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Okay - so a half cup of oats + protein. Is that all?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Grams? Dunno...Whatever a half cup comes out to.
~36 grams in 1/2 cup oats. 27 carb, 6 pro, 3 fat

Dry measure charts indicate 113.4 grams in a 1/2 cup but that doesn't seem to add up.

I usually use a full cup oats and a banana. :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
26 whey protein
16oz skim milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 serving Cycle support

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I like 1 cup with 2 scoops of whey and 2 cups of water thrown in a blender with some ice cubes :food:

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
1 serving Cycle support
Do you only use Cycle Support after coming off cycle, or is this a staple for you? I have not used anything that requires PCT but have been looking at this product for overall general health reasons, any thoughts?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Depends...at times I'll go upto 200g oats w/~50g dextrose and other times I opt for 150g oats with an apple. I never go under 100g oats though.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
I currently float at ~175lb, there is no reason for me taking in so many carbs other than the fact I love 'em.
Sorry, I was actually asking the original poster. I don't think there is really a generic answer to this question. A lot of it depends on the individual. Obviously somebody who weighs 250 should do something different then somebody who weighs 150.:thumbsup:

I do the same thing though. Beings that I'm training pretty much solely for strength right now I'm trying to eat as many carbs as I can handle all day. Seems to be working wonders for the feel of my workouts.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I was actually asking the original poster. I don't think there is really a generic answer to this question. A lot of it depends on the individual. Obviously somebody who weighs 250 should do something different then somebody who weighs 150.:thumbsup:

I do the same thing though. Beings that I'm training pretty much solely for strength right now I'm trying to eat as many carbs as I can handle all day. Seems to be working wonders for the feel of my workouts.
Ohhh, gotcha.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I am 170 dry with 10% or so BF.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
My shake-
1 cup oats
skim milk
1 banana
60 g protein

I also take a few fish oil caps with it.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
So do most of you see better gains when bulking with low GI CHO such as oats or high GI CHO such as dextrose?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Same gains just less fat gain and more stable blood sugar with low GI personally.