How long after a cycle does it normally take for lipids to normalize?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just finished up a Sarms cycle about 3 weeks ago. Everything tested in range after cycle, but HDL which dropped into the low twenties. I want to schedule my annual physical which includes a complete blood profile. Is 4 weeks post cycle sufficient time for lipids to normalize? If not, what about waiting 8 weeks to schedule, would that suffice?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id personally wait 6-8weeks after finishing any drug which might impact lipids (so that would include SERMs, if your PCTing).

This might be "too long", but the idea is that you want to be as confident as poss that your body has returned to whatever homeostasis now is. For this, I think its better to wait a bit too long but be reasonably sure, than potentially rush things.

End of the day you have to decide how long youre prepared to wait (the longer the better, obviously) without being ridiculously impatient or ridiculously overlong.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If everything is working normally, two months. If it takes longer I would be concerned.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Id personally wait 6-8weeks after finishing any drug which might impact lipids (so that would include SERMs, if your PCTing).

This might be "too long", but the idea is that you want to be as confident as poss that your body has returned to whatever homeostasis now is. For this, I think its better to wait a bit too long but be reasonably sure, than potentially rush things.

End of the day you have to decide how long youre prepared to wait (the longer the better, obviously) without being ridiculously impatient or ridiculously overlong.
Thanks. Your answer makes good sense. I am going to wait a full 8 weeks. I don’t want to get inaccurate results due to the cycle still having an impact on lipid readings. That also would probably make the doctor think there is something wrong that warrants treatment or more tests since of course he had no idea what I have been doing that would possibly give bad readings for lipids, liver, etc.