How I plan on using a SERM/Anti E to grow taller

Philip81193

Awards
In your late teens when more test starts converting to estrogen, it signals your ethyleal plates to close, aka finish growing. Children that are prescribed HGH essentially are trying to force more growth in before the plates close.

My plan is to simply stop the estrogen from making the plates close. So I picked up a PCT (Reversitol V.2) that is a SERM/Estrogen blocker. It's 84 capsules and it's recommended to do 3 a day. I'm trying to decide if I should go that route, or go slow and steady and do one cap a day for 84 days. I have a feeling that once I hop off this I'll be done growing forever (I'm 17, with a bone age of late 17/early 18). So what do you guys suggest, 3 caps a day for a month, or one a day for 3ish months? I can always buy more, but with the 3 per day it suggests 8 weeks on/4 weeks off, I'm afraid the month off might be that time when the E levels pop up to normal and I'm done growing, so I'm leaning towards the 1 per day route. Suggestions?

Links to see what I'm talking about-
http ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estradiol (Remove space after http)
Estradiol represents the major estrogen in humans. Estradiol has not only a critical impact on reproductive and sexual functioning, but also affects other organs including the bones.
There is ample evidence that estradiol has a profound effect on bone. Individuals without estradiol (or other estrogens) will become tall and eunuchoid as epiphyseal closure is delayed or may not take place.

Philip81193

Awards
I have some studies that I want to link but I don't have 50 posts... any way to post them?

Edit: I'll just quote the studies

Hero et al reported near-final height of boys with constitutional delay of puberty (CDP) treated during adolescence with the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole (Lz). Seventeen boys with CDP were randomized to receive testosterone (T) enanthate 1 mg/kg intramuscularly every 4 weeks for 6 months in combination with placebo (Pl; n = 8), or letrozole 2.5 mg/day orally (n = 9) for 12 months. Patients were followed to final height. Boys treated with T + Lz reached a higher mean near-final height than boys treated with T + Pl (175.8 vs 169.1 cm, respectively, P = 0.04). Near-final heights of subjects treated with T + Lz did not differ from their mid-parental target height (175.8 vs 177.1 cm, respectively, P = 0.38), while near-final heights of T + Pl-treated boys were lower than their mid-parental target height (169.1 vs 173.9 cm, respectively, P = 0.007). Patients treated with T + Lz had a greater increment in height SDS than did T + Pl-treated boys ( +1.4 vs +0.8 SDS, respectively, P = <0.03). The authors concluded that an increase in adult height can be achieved by the use of aromatase inhibitors in adolescent boys with CDP.

Hero M, Wickman S, Dunkel L. Treatment with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole during adolescence increases near-final height in boys with constitutional delay of puberty. Clin Endocrinol. 2006;64:510–513.
Editor’s Comment

Estrogens have been found to be important for bone maturation, growth plate fusion, and cessation of longitudinal growth in both boys and girls. By blocking estrogen biosynthesis in boys with the use of aromatase inhibitors, one could possibly delay bone maturation and improve their final height. Two studies1,2 have demonstrated an improvement in predicted adult height of 5.1 cm and 5.9 cm following the administration of Lz for one or 2 years to boys with either CDP or idiopathic short stature. This study by Hero et al is the first to report an improvement in the near-final height of boys with CDP treated with T + Lz. The near-final height of subjects treated with Lz did not differ from their mid-parental target height, while the near-final height was found to be lower than the mid-parental target height in boys treated with placebo. It is of interest to note that the delay in bone maturation achieved during treatment with Lz was maintained after cessation of treatment, as indicated by the more delayed bone age at near-final height in the Lz-treated boys. In all 3 of these studies, Lz effectively inhibited estrogen biosynthesis, as indicated by low estradiol and elevated FSH, LH, and testosterone concentrations in the Lz-treated group. Six months after the cessation of treatment, the concentrations of gonadotropins, T, and estradiol did not differ among patients treated with Lz and Pl.

Larger numbers of patients, particularly short boys with idiopathic short stature and relatively early puberty, need to be studied to confirm these findings. Due to the gonadal androgen secretion noted during aromatase inhibition, careful follow-up of the progression of puberty, maturing spermatogenesis, and high-density lipoproteins of treated patients is necessary. In addition, the effect of low levels of estrogens on bone mass accrual during puberty and on body composition needs to be carefully followed. However, one could envision that this form of therapy could prove to be at least as effective as growth hormone and/or gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogs in increasing the final height of boys with idiopathic short stature entering into puberty at a relatively early age.

Roberto Lanes, MD
References - (linked to Pubmed Links)

1. Wickman S, Sipila I, Ankarberg-Lindgren C, Norjavaara E, Dunkel L.l A specific aromatase inhibitor and potential increase in adult height in boys with delayed puberty: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2001;357:1743–1748.
2. Hero M, Norjavaara E and Dunkel L. Inhibition of estrogen biosynthesis with a potent aromatase inhibitor increases predicted adult height in boys with idiopathic short stature: a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:6396–6402.

From PubMed-
Treatment with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole during adolescence increases near-final height in boys with constitutional delay of puberty.

Hero M, Wickman S, Dunkel L.

Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland.
Abstract

OBJECTIVE: We investigated whether inhibition of oestrogen biosynthesis with the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole, during adolescence improves near-final height in boys with constitutional delay of puberty.

PATIENTS AND METHODS: Seventeen boys with constitutional delay of puberty were randomized to receive testosterone (T) enanthate (1 mg/kg i.m.) every 4 weeks for 6 months in combination with placebo (Pl, n = 8), or the aromatase inhibitor letrozole (Lz, 2.5 mg/day orally) (n = 9), for 12 months. After treatment, patients were followed up until near-final height. Height discrepancy was calculated as near-final height minus mid-parental target height.

MEASUREMENTS: The primary end point was the difference in near-final height between the groups treated either with T + Pl or T + Lz. Secondarily, height discrepancy and gain in height standard deviation score (SDS) were analysed in both groups.

RESULTS: Boys treated with T + Lz reached a higher mean near-final height than did boys on T + Pl (175.8 vs. 169.1 cm, respectively, P = 0.04). In T + Lz-treated boys, mean near-final height did not differ from their mid-parental target height (175.8 vs. 177.1 cm, P = 0.38), whereas in T + Pl-treated boys, mean near-final height was lower than mid-parental target height (169.1 vs. 173.9 cm, P = 0.007). T + Lz-treated boys had a greater increment in height SDS over the pretreatment height SDS than T + Pl-treated boys (+1.4 SDS vs.+0.8 SDS, P = 0.03).

CONCLUSIONS: Our findings indicate that in adolescent boys an increase in adult height can be attained by use of aromatase inhibitors.

PMID: 16649968 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Another
The aromatase inhibitor letrozole increases epiphyseal growth plate height and tibial length in peripubertal male mice
R Eshet, G Maor, T Ben Ari, M Ben Eliezer, G Gat-Yablonski, and M Phillip

Sex hormones may influence longitudinal growth, either indirectly, by affecting the growth-hormone-insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) axis, or directly, by affecting changes within the epiphyseal growth plate (EGP). The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor, on longitudinal growth and changes in the EGP in vivo. Eighteen peripubertal male mice were divided into three groups. The first group was killed at baseline, the second was injected with letrozole (Femara) s.c., 2 mg/kg body weight/day, for 10 days, and the third was injected with the vehicle alone. Serum testosterone levels were found to be significantly higher in the treated group than in the controls. Letrozole induced a significant increase in body weight, tail length and serum growth hormone level, but had no significant effect on the level of serum IGF-I. On histomorphometric study, there was a significant increase (12%) in EGP height in the treated animals compared with controls. Immunohistochemistry showed a 3.4-fold letrozole-induced increase in the proliferation of the EGP chondrocytes, as estimated by the number of proliferation cell nuclear antigen-stained cells, and a decrease in the differentiation of the EGP chondrocytes, as estimated by type X collagen staining. Letrozole did not interfere with type II collagen levels. The study group also showed a twofold increase in the number of IGF-I receptor-positive cells compared with controls. In conclusion, the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole, appears to increase the linear growth potential of the EGP in mice.

I could keep them coming but I think you all see what I'm saying :)

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I've taken real serms (not reversitol) and ai's quite a bit and have noticed no growth, good luck with this but I don't see it working

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
im not sure but i think i read somewhere that its the androgenic hormones that makes guys grow...i could be completely wrong...but i think i remember reading something like that and it makes sense since usually guys are taller even though they come from the same family (brothers & sisters, guys are usually taller)

but i do think estro does close plates as ive read that too

do i think itll work i dont know honestly but for the record you are under age and you are taking medication you shouldnt be plus whats the big deal if you are short? tall people tend to have knee problems (the people that i know) and i am way more athletic when we play sports

Philip81193

Awards
im not sure but i think i read somewhere that its the androgenic hormones that makes guys grow...i could be completely wrong...but i think i remember reading something like that and it makes sense since usually guys are taller even though they come from the same family (brothers & sisters, guys are usually taller)

but i do think estro does close plates as ive read that too

do i think itll work i dont know honestly but for the record you are under age and you are taking medication you shouldnt be plus whats the big deal if you are short? tall people tend to have knee problems (the people that i know) and i am way more athletic when we play sports
You've got the estrogen part exactly right, girls have more estrogen earlier on, which is the direct cause of the ethyleal plates closing and guys are on average about 5" taller than girls. The taller part is just a personal preference. It's not something I should worry about but I'll be damned if I don't give it my best shot to end up at something close to an 'average' height! :)

17 when I started
Gotcha, well I guess we'll find out!

ouTTKAst

ouTTKAst

Awards
Honestly can't see anything over the counter being able to produce any growth results, maybe a real serm but not to knowledgable on it. Good luck tho