How Good Is PES Select Peanut Butter Cup?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Nobody services others as well as Ben

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Update:

Got my 3 flavours in to try today :)

Snickerdoodle
Cookies and cream
Blondie.

Thanks again to bdcc :)

I'm going to sample one per day.

Today was Snickerdoodle... Mainly because we don't have this flavour here in the UK for any protein.

Mix- 10/10

No issues here using a shaker, might have a few small clumps if you used a spoon though.

Taste- 9/10

Fantastic flavour, can really Taste the cinnamon kick to it, it's sweet but not overpowering at all, I used just over 4oz of water for 1/2 a serving of the protein... Found it to be great, obviously I would just add more water the less sweet I want it.

Update for tomorrow will be cookies and cream.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update:

Got my 3 flavours in to try today :)

Snickerdoodle
Cookies and cream
Blondie.

Thanks again to bdcc :)

I'm going to sample one per day.

Today was Snickerdoodle... Mainly because we don't have this flavour here in the UK for any protein.

Mix- 10/10

No issues here using a shaker, might have a few small clumps if you used a spoon though.

Taste- 9/10

Fantastic flavour, can really Taste the cinnamon kick to it, it's sweet but not overpowering at all, I used just over 4oz of water for 1/2 a serving of the protein... Found it to be great, obviously I would just add more water the less sweet I want it.

Update for tomorrow will be cookies and cream.
Thanks for the review man. Glad you were able to get some samples.

Look forward to hearing what you think of C&C and Blondie.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review man. Glad you were able to get some samples.

Look forward to hearing what you think of C&C and Blondie.
No problem my man :)

I'm looking forward to trying them!!! The last time I had cookies and cream was about 5 years ago and it was terrible... It was from myprotein though.

Holding out high hopes for PES though :)

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Update 2:

So today was cookies n cream... Now I'll be honest here as I didn't know what to expect, I've had this flavour before from a different company and hated it...

Mix- 10/10

Again, no issues here, mixes perfectly and no clumps.

Taste- 10/10

Wow... Just incredible so so so creamy, was so surprised at this and expected much worse... This stuff is the bomb! I don't ever really give out a 10 ratings for flavour but this was just something else. Great work PES!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update 2:

So today was cookies n cream... Now I'll be honest here as I didn't know what to expect, I've had this flavour before from a different company and hated it...

Mix- 10/10

Again, no issues here, mixes perfectly and no clumps.

Taste- 10/10

Wow... Just incredible so so so creamy, was so surprised at this and expected much worse... This stuff is the bomb! I don't ever really give out a 10 ratings for flavour but this was just something else. Great work PES!
I'm in love with this flavor. Took a bit off of it while we launched PBC then had it again a few days ago and boom. PBC and CnC are neck and neck for my top. Thanks for sharing.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I'm in love with this flavor. Took a bit off of it while we launched PBC then had it again a few days ago and boom. PBC and CnC are neck and neck for my top. Thanks for sharing.
No problem my man... It's great tasting products, excited for blondie tomorrow :)

PES flavouring, and mixability is on point for sure!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had CnC in my oats last night. I love it. :)

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Final update:

So today was the last of the 3 flavours I got sent... A little gutted PBC wasn't in this little sample selection :)

Anyway-

Mix- 10/10

Obviously no issues here again.

Taste- 6/10

I wasn't sure what to expect with this flavour and I'll be honest... I didn't like it, it's not horrendous by any means just does not tickle my taste buds. If someone gave me a tub of this I would happily drink it, just wouldn't purchase it for myself.. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final update:

So today was the last of the 3 flavours I got sent... A little gutted PBC wasn't in this little sample selection :)

Anyway-

Mix- 10/10

Obviously no issues here again.

Taste- 6/10

I wasn't sure what to expect with this flavour and I'll be honest... I didn't like it, it's not horrendous by any means just does not tickle my taste buds. If someone gave me a tub of this I would happily drink it, just wouldn't purchase it for myself.. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
I don't have official samples of PBC. I could put some in a sandwich bag and send it to you but it risks envelope explosion lol.

Also, nowhere in Europe offers PBC yet so it doesn't make sense so sending you a flavour you can't buy is just teasing lol.

I think blondie (your third review) is my favourite out of all of these flavours. I used to think it was CnC, then it switched.

I can't pick a clear winner with Select, I keep flip flopping between them lol. :)

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
I don't have official samples of PBC. I could put some in a sandwich bag and send it to you but it risks envelope explosion lol.

Also, nowhere in Europe offers PBC yet so it doesn't make sense so sending you a flavour you can't buy is just teasing lol.

I think blondie (your third review) is my favourite out of all of these flavours. I used to think it was CnC, then it switched.

I can't pick a clear winner with Select, I keep flip flopping between them lol. :)
PBC is still probably my favorite now, im down to half a 2lb tub and am saving to make some more pbc stuff for the comp. i used so much in my oatmeal for 3 weeks straight, with a teaspoon of natural peanut butter stuff was like crack

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PBC is still probably my favorite now, im down to half a 2lb tub and am saving to make some more pbc stuff for the comp. i used so much in my oatmeal for 3 weeks straight, with a teaspoon of natural peanut butter stuff was like crack
I do the same thing. I use pb2 also. Its too good. Best protein of all time imo lol

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established

That's fair enough my man :)

I assumed they would all be 9/10 or 10/10 but I can't work out why i didn't really enjoy blondie? Guess everyone has their own taste.

Yeah probably wouldn't risk it in a sandwich bag haha..

I am excited to try it though as I'm a HUGE fan of PB and have never had a protein that's flavoured in that way...

I'll have to wait until it hits the shelves in Europe. :)

Thanks again for sending the samples bro. Appreciate it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's fair enough my man :)

I assumed they would all be 9/10 or 10/10 but I can't work out why i didn't really enjoy blondie? Guess everyone has their own taste.

Yeah probably wouldn't risk it in a sandwich bag haha..

I am excited to try it though as I'm a HUGE fan of PB and have never had a protein that's flavoured in that way...

I'll have to wait until it hits the shelves in Europe. :)

Thanks again for sending the samples bro. Appreciate it.
Thanks for taking the time to post these reviews for us. Out of all the Select flavors blondie also holds down my bottom spot. I don't hate the flavor just doesn't stand out like the others to my taste buds. Plenty of others around here can't get enough of the flavor and instantly popped it to first on their list.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for taking the time to post these reviews for us. Out of all the Select flavors blondie also holds down my bottom spot. I don't hate the flavor just doesn't stand out like the others to my taste buds. Plenty of others around here can't get enough of the flavor and instantly popped it to first on their list.
Yup, I'm a big fan of Blondie, which was my #1 flavor until PBC took the top spot.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Out of all the Select flavors blondie also holds down my bottom spot. I don't hate the flavor just doesn't stand out like the others to my taste buds.
Blasphemy :p It's 3rd on my list, so I can't be too judgmental

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
I do the same thing. I use pb2 also. Its too good. Best protein of all time imo lol
i also like doing it with 0.5 scoop of milk choc select, or tweaked with some cacao powder turns it into a stronger dark choc pb cup flavor

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never been much of a flavour combining person.

It is probably because I usually order a tub or so every month so rarely have several tubs sitting around the house to test out.

I would be curious to know how peanut butter cup and milk chocolate taste together. :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never been much of a flavour combining person.

It is probably because I usually order a tub or so every month so rarely have several tubs sitting around the house to test out.

I would be curious to know how peanut butter cup and milk chocolate taste together. :)
I'm a mixer quite often but it usually comes in phases. Right now I've been using everything stand alone though. Typically PBC Select and either appletini or margarita Alphamine. Haven't really gotten around to mixing the new flavors yet.