Honest thoughts on EQ

MythicalGains

Awards
If you didn't receive skin-tearing pumps ALL DAY and high bp, it probably was bunk or under dosed a bit. When I had a good source, all I could handle was 300-400mg/wk. Blood pressure would sky rocket when I tried 600mg.

Also, vascularity should have been exceptionally well while on EQ.
Definitely did not get any of that lol. BP/rbc/hematocrit were all normal throughout, appetite was normal as was cardio endurance. I'll prob run it again in a few weeks when I start bulking. I'll be at ~9% bf when I start, so hopefully that'll allow me to enjoy the cosmetic effects.

liv2pb

Awards
Eq is a great compound and does not need to be ran 16-20 weeks lol. Are people unaware of myostatin? 8-10 week cycles cruise repeat. I prefer to use 600-1g as far as eq goes.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eq is a great compound and does not need to be ran 16-20 weeks lol. Are people unaware of myostatin? 8-10 week cycles cruise repeat. I prefer to use 600-1g as far as eq goes.
Eq lowers myostatin

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 questions:
-Do you notice any affect on hair loss/shedding with EQ?
-Do you recommend taking something like tylenol while on EQ to thin the blood a bit?
1) I dont notice hairloss on it. I do on Masteron though, for instance.

2) always take thinners with anything stronger than TRT. Nattokinase, Vitamin K-2 & ACE-II inhibitors or calcium channel blockers are ok. Beta blockers at night only.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely did not get any of that lol. BP/rbc/hematocrit were all normal throughout, appetite was normal as was cardio endurance. I'll prob run it again in a few weeks when I start bulking. I'll be at ~9% bf when I start, so hopefully that'll allow me to enjoy the cosmetic effects.

You dony need to be lean to enjoy EQ. Seriously, if your Hemo count didn't increase at ALL I wouldn't run it again because it's probably bunk. EQ is profound with blood thickening.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No it did what it's supposed to but it's so damn slow and weak you need to take a ton of it. So why not just use Dihydroboldenone 1 test cyp. 1000 times better.
And this is why I specifically prefer it in low doses to retain strength and mass but not be able to tell I'm on anything. 200-300mg/wk is nice for that effect, IMO.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So does testosterone. Myostatin always wins which is why we need to cruise or stay on cycle 24/7 for it to go down on its own.
Umm NO testosterone doesn't lower myostatin. DHT and EQ do though. But anyway how can myostatin win if it's being lowered??? Use some fuking logic.

liv2pb

Awards
Umm NO testosterone doesn't lower myostatin. DHT and EQ do though. But anyway how can myostatin win if it's being lowered??? Use some fuking logic.
Any anabolic steroid will blunt myostatin realease but myostatin always wins. This study shows that at day 56 myostatin is at its highest then by day 140 it's back to baseline.... so a 56 day cycle plus adding more anabolics can extend it a couple more weeks but that's about it. 8-10 week cycles are best for actual growth then results will stall. So you either time myostatin for its peak, cruise while it drop and blast again. Otherwise you can stay on 24/7 and it will drop to baseine slowly.

Now I can't post links so type this in Google and click on the second link.

Reasearchgate
.net
Myostatin
Young and
Old men

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any anabolic steroid will blunt myostatin realease but myostatin always wins. This study shows that at day 56 myostatin is at its highest then by day 140 it's back to baseline.... so a 56 day cycle plus adding more anabolics can extend it a couple more weeks but that's about it. 8-10 week cycles are best for actual growth then results will stall. So you either time myostatin for its peak, cruise while it drop and blast again. Otherwise you can stay on 24/7 and it will drop to baseine slowly.

Now I can't post links so type this in Google and click on the second link.

Reasearchgate
.net
Myostatin
Young and
Old men
Ummm that cycle didn't have EQ or am I missing something???? Ugh!!!! All steroid increase myostatin except dht(MILDLY lowers it) and EQ(decently lowers myostatin). You are thick skulled aren't you

liv2pb

Awards
Ummm that cycle didn't have EQ or am I missing something???? Ugh!!!! All steroid increase myostatin except dht(MILDLY lowers it) and EQ(decently lowers myostatin). You are thick skulled aren't you
You really think there will be a study done on eq/tren or some other stuff? Why do you think people want myostatin inhibitors? Damn you are hard headed. Eq will lower myostatin initially then it will quickly rise again just like any compound you increase or add.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You really think there will be a study done on eq/tren or some other stuff? Why do you think people want myostatin inhibitors? Damn you are hard headed. Eq will lower myostatin initially then it will quickly rise again just like any compound you increase or add.
No thats not how EQ works it won't lower it initially it will lower after the initial increase leaving you at a lower baseline. Not drastically lower but lower that's why long cycles with EQ are best duhhhhhh

liv2pb

Awards
No thats not how EQ works it won't lower it initially it will lower after the initial increase leaving you at a lower baseline. Not drastically lower but lower that's why long cycles with EQ are best duhhhhhh
Can I see that study your referring to? Sounds like myostatin is still going to prevail

It's not only eq that reduces myostatin that's why you have to keep increasing dose or adding in compounds to cause a reduction in myostatin with an increase In follistatin.

Type in Google. Wish I could post links lol
2013 Jul;34(7):567-72. doi: 10.1055/s-0032-1312585. Epub 2013 Apr 4.

Last edited:
rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can I see that study your referring to? Sounds like myostatin is still going to prevail
Like you said there isn't any studies done on EQ(non vitro) on myostatin. We do know the effects it has on vivo and what both dht and progestins a have on myostatin. There may be studying on this but it will be hard to find so give me time. But I do doubt I find one that isn't vitro. However if you want there are plenty of things showing dht lower myostatin (google dht effects on myostatin)

liv2pb

Awards
Like you said there isn't any studies done on EQ(non vitro) on myostatin. We do know the effects it has on vivo and what both dht and progestins a have on myostatin. There may be studying on this but it will be hard to find so give me time. But I do doubt I find one that isn't vitro. However if you want there are plenty of things showing dht lower myostatin (google dht effects on myostatin)
I know there are Study's on those showing a reduction but how much of a reduction will these cause is the question, and I believe it can only extend it a few weeks to a month. I've wasted so much time doing long cycles and when I switched to 8 week blasts my results were much better.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know there are Study's on those showing a reduction but how much of a reduction will these cause is the question, and I believe it can only extend it a few weeks to a month. I've wasted so much time doing long cycles and when I switched to 8 week blasts my results were much better.
Haha exactly it's lowering is not going to results in extra gains(maybe 1pound extra the whole cycle) but with things like EQ and mast are not bad to run longer. Myostatin won't ruin gains on EQ cycles. I thoroughly believe high EQ 800mg-1.2g EQ with moderate mast 500-700mg with low to moderate test 250-400mg for 16 weeks is and always will be a epic cycle and will be better when ran longer results are not all of a sudden bam bulked but you will gain more than these crazy cycles people run and keep almost all of it.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread took a strange turn of direction, I feel.

Seriously guys, we don't fully understand all the interactions myostatin has with the body so I wouldn't even bother getting hung up on whether a steroid or cycle has limitations based on the myostatin amounts. Training and eating certain foods also affects myostatin. Much of myostatin changes is completely dependent on external stimuli/factors. The "stalling out" effect people get when they try and do perpetual bulking is much more than just myostatin shutting things down. Your insulin sensitivity likely sucks at that point too. You have a higher fat content as well, which means estrogen levels increase, which does a myriad of both good and bad things to the body in terms of anabolism. The best thing to focus on is understand HOW to get bigger rather than trying to understand each individual molecular activity in a vacuum. Just eat progressively. Train progressively more intense. And take breaks from time to time and go the other direction - lowering carbs, adding in cardio, changing the diet/protein amounts and changing the supplements you use.

It's not hard. And yes, Datbtrue called it "toggling" which to this day has been the single most honest thing I've ever read in terms of what works to get people bigger over time. Truth is, it takes all that stuff I just mentioned above but most of all - consistency and persistence.

Something else to point out - you guys are acknowledging that myostatin limits gains after a certain point. This further underscores the importance of toggling your diet and routine every 6/8/10 weeks. All the major growth you get is usually a rebound growth that happens in the first4 weeks after a hard cut. Why do you think that is?

You can take one person who decides to bulk for 30 weeks straight to try and put on as much mass as possible and you can take another person with the exact same genetics (hypothetical purposes) and have him bulk/cut/bulk in the same period...or really even less, say 24 weeks time and he will make more muscular gains and be leaner than the other person in the end. Toggling is the only way around your body's natural resistance to getting swole. Why do you think bodybuilders are so big? I'll tell you this: if eating a ton of food and increasing steroid consumption builds myostatin resistance, what do you think will happen if you cut calories overall and reduce the dosage of steroids? Even temporarily? Care to guess?

Most people think bb'rs are huge because they take lots of steroids but in the same instance not really knowing for sure how much or what the bb'r is actually taking. Non-competitive folks just assume that:

1) He takes gear or way more gear than normal lifters
2) He has better genetics and responds to said gear way better

And that is the most pathetic cop-out that I've unfortunately witnessed people to have for why they aren't adding slabs of muscle to their frame each year.

Competing each year requires that I toggle at least once. I'm a small guy but for the past 2 years, I will have added 5-7lbs of muscle each time and coming in leaner each time. Mind you, I take less total gear than I used to and this is without doing a "bulk" season where I actually put in effort to eat healthy, solid meals. I just ate whatever I wanted and whenever I wanted to. Imagine if I put the time into my off season bulking like I did in my comp prep season? Truth is, a successful bodybuilder figured out that if he is extremely efficient in his cutting cycle - as in he does not lose much if any muscle mass, he can get much, much leaner and turn around and get awesome rebound growth over the next 4-8 weeks - almost discriminately making lean gains only.

The point, if I can allow myself to finally get to it, is that while EQ or certain steroids may affect myostatin significantly at times, the best thing to do is to give your body a reason to decrease it's myostatin levels as well as increasing it's insulin sensitivity. We call this "priming the body" and it works REALLY, REALLY well. Follow a good priming season with EQ and you'll be blown away at how lean you'll stay while you get much, much bigger.

So for those wanting to give EQ a try, do it during a rebound period. A good plan should look something like this:

Cutting/Priming phase
- Low androgen use
- Utilize fat burners
- Progressively lower carb intake
- Progressive increase cardio of all types
- Supplement with R-ALA, Cinnamon, Chromium, Vanadyl Sulfate, Metformin, Berberine, etc.
- Use a fat burner
- If comfortable, use Humulin-R in very low doses only when eating starches (to retain as much muscle as possible)
- Do this for 8-10 weeks or until you get down to less than 9% BF (preferably 6% though)

Re-Bound bulk (when myostatin is very low)
- Moderate to high androgen use (change up the compounds too. Long ester preferred. EQ is good here)
- Increase carb intake quickly and to very high amounts (if you were cutting on 2K calories, you need to start here @ 2.5K to 3K calories)
- Macros something like 35%P / 50%C / 15% F
- Train legs 2-3 days per week
- Train full spectrum of rep ranges and intensity
- Progressively increase weights and calories (maybe 100-200kcals per week)
- Add SEO's into lagging muscle groups if necessary. Something like MCT oil and synovial fluid works well

Polish and lock in phase
- Learn to keep the mass and most of the strength as you come down in dosages of gear
- Make adjustments to macros to something healthier and more sustainable if necessary
- Do this for 3 months (to make the new found mass a more semi-permanent type of gains)

------------------------------------------------------

I would bet money that many people would be able to come out with 8-12lbs more lean mass and anywhere from 4-6lbs less fat mass than when they started. All this accomplished within 16-24 weeks time.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha exactly it's lowering is not going to results in extra gains(maybe 1pound extra the whole cycle) but with things like EQ and mast are not bad to run longer. Myostatin won't ruin gains on EQ cycles. I thoroughly believe high EQ 800mg-1.2g EQ with moderate mast 500-700mg with low to moderate test 250-400mg for 16 weeks is and always will be a epic cycle and will be better when ran longer results are not all of a sudden bam bulked but you will gain more than these crazy cycles people run and keep almost all of it.
My very first cycle was those three. It was amazing. Too bad I had no discipline in diet though. I only put on 4-5lbs of muscle mass but I burned up some fat and there was absolutely no change in my diet to speak of. I maybe increased calories by 200-300kcals toward the end. I think I was eating like 2800kcals on a good day with only 180g of protein. Laughable! I now can put down 2800kcals in one sitting if I wanted to. I now regularly eat over 300g of protein but only weigh about 5-8lbs more than I did way back when I did all that. However, I look quite different. Way different actually. My high school class wouldn't even recognize me anymore, lol.

I think I did:

750 Test-E
750 EQ
300-400 Mast-E

Of course, I worked my way up. Strength, vascularity and sex drive are the four words that capture the experience.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My very first cycle was those three. It was amazing. Too bad I had no discipline in diet though. I only put on 4-5lbs of muscle mass but I burned up some fat and there was absolutely no change in my diet to speak of. I maybe increased calories by 200-300kcals toward the end. I think I was eating like 2800kcals on a good day with only 180g of protein. Laughable! I now can put down 2800kcals in one sitting if I wanted to. I now regularly eat over 300g of protein but only weigh about 5-8lbs more than I did way back when I did all that. However, I look quite different. Way different actually. My high school class wouldn't even recognize me anymore, lol.

I think I did:

750 Test-E
750 EQ
300-400 Mast-E

Of course, I worked my way up. Strength, vascularity and sex drive are the four words that capture the experience.

Seriously guys, we don't fully understand all the interactions myostatin has with the body so I wouldn't even bother getting hung up on whether a steroid or cycle has limitations based on the myostatin amounts. Training and eating certain foods also affects myostatin. Much of myostatin changes is completely dependent on external stimuli/factors. The "stalling out" effect people get when they try and do perpetual bulking is much more than just myostatin shutting things down. Your insulin sensitivity likely sucks at that point too. You have a higher fat content as well, which means estrogen levels increase, which does a myriad of both good and bad things to the body in terms of anabolism. The best thing to focus on is understand HOW to get bigger rather than trying to understand each individual molecular activity in a vacuum. Just eat progressively. Train progressively more intense. And take breaks from time to time and go the other direction - lowering carbs, adding in cardio, changing the diet/protein amounts and changing the supplements you use.

It's not hard. And yes, Datbtrue called it "toggling" which to this day has been the single most honest thing I've ever read in terms of what works to get people bigger over time. Truth is, it takes all that stuff I just mentioned above but most of all - consistency and persistence.

Something else to point out - you guys are acknowledging that myostatin limits gains after a certain point. This further underscores the importance of toggling your diet and routine every 6/8/10 weeks. All the major growth you get is usually a rebound growth that happens in the first4 weeks after a hard cut. Why do you think that is?

You can take one person who decides to bulk for 30 weeks straight to try and put on as much mass as possible and you can take another person with the exact same genetics (hypothetical purposes) and have him bulk/cut/bulk in the same period...or really even less, say 24 weeks time and he will make more muscular gains and be leaner than the other person in the end. Toggling is the only way around your body's natural resistance to getting swole. Why do you think bodybuilders are so big? I'll tell you this: if eating a ton of food and increasing steroid consumption builds myostatin resistance, what do you think will happen if you cut calories overall and reduce the dosage of steroids? Even temporarily? Care to guess?

Most people think bb'rs are huge because they take lots of steroids but in the same instance not really knowing for sure how much or what the bb'r is actually taking. Non-competitive folks just assume that:

And that is the most pathetic cop-out that I've unfortunately witnessed people to have for why they aren't adding slabs of muscle to their frame each year.

Competing each year requires that I toggle at least once. I'm a small guy but for the past 2 years, I will have added 5-7lbs of muscle each time and coming in leaner each time. Mind you, I take less total gear than I used to and this is without doing a "bulk" season where I actually put in effort to eat healthy, solid meals. I just ate whatever I wanted and whenever I wanted to. Imagine if I put the time into my off season bulking like I did in my comp prep season? Truth is, a successful bodybuilder figured out that if he is extremely efficient in his cutting cycle - as in he does not lose much if any muscle mass, he can get much, much leaner and turn around and get awesome rebound growth over the next 4-8 weeks - almost discriminately making lean gains only.

The point, if I can allow myself to finally get to it, is that while EQ or certain steroids may affect myostatin significantly at times, the best thing to do is to give your body a reason to decrease it's myostatin levels as well as increasing it's insulin sensitivity. We call this "priming the body" and it works REALLY, REALLY well. Follow a good priming season with EQ and you'll be blown away at how lean you'll stay while you get much, much bigger.

So for those wanting to give EQ a try, do it during a rebound period. A good plan should look something like this:

Cutting/Priming phase
- Low androgen use
- Utilize fat burners
- Supplement with R-ALA, Cinnamon, Chromium, Vanadyl Sulfate, Metformin, Berberine, etc.
- Use a fat burner
- If comfortable, use Humulin-R in very low doses only when eating starches (to retain as much muscle as possible)
- Do this for 8-10 weeks or until you get down to less than 9% BF (preferably 6% though)

- Moderate to high androgen use (change up the compounds too. Long ester preferred. EQ is good here)
- Increase carb intake quickly and to very high amounts (if you were cutting on 2K calories, you need to start here @ 2.5K to 3K calories)
- Add SEO's into lagging muscle groups if necessary. Something like MCT oil and synovial fluid works well

Polish and lock in phase
- Learn to keep the mass and most of the strength as you come down in dosages of gear
- Make adjustments to macros to something healthier and more sustainable if necessary
- Do this for 3 months (to make the new found mass a more semi-permanent type of gains)

I would bet money that many people would be able to come out with 8-12lbs more lean mass and anywhere from 4-6lbs less fat mass than when they started. All this accomplished within 16-24 weeks time.
Both great post!!!

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established

Cutting/Priming phase
- Low androgen use
- Utilize fat burners
- Use a fat burner

Polish and lock in phase

Wow...I inadvertently built my current cycle as if I had just read this post...My intuition is on point...or im hella lucky...either ways, Ill take it!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow...I inadvertently built my current cycle as if I had just read this post...My intuition is on point...or im hella lucky...either ways, Ill take it!
This is what experience leads everyone to my friend. Toggle it. Take a look at Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, notice the bold and italicized...

For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
2 A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6 A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8 A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

Can't say the wisdom hasn't been available to us. There it is in plain black and white lettering...

Another point here is that you notice that each activity and it's equal opposites have their own times - as in they aren't happening at the same time but at different times.

Also, front load the EQ. You can easily handle 300mg EOD for the first week or so.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. My instinct has always been to switch it up and keep it fresh when it comes to food, training and supplementation. I also agree with those 8 statements, I think realizing what time you are in is the key to success and failing to do so is the reason behind our failures.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Speaking of datbtrue, anyone ever try out his guar/psyllium/apple fiber concoction in low carb phases?

MythicalGains

Awards
Got some EQ coming in next week, giving it another chance. Just started 500mg test and 50mg var, gonna run the EQ at 600mg for 4-5 months.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4-5 months ought to do it lol.

Be sure and get Nattokinase, Vit K-2 and probably one or more blood pressure medicines like a calcium channel blocker, ACE-II inhibitor or beta blocker. Run those daily, especially the Natto (keeps blood thinner and prevents excessive blood clotting).

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4-5 months ought to do it lol.

Be sure and get Nattokinase, Vit K-2 and probably one or more blood pressure medicines like a calcium channel blocker, ACE-II inhibitor or beta blocker. Run those daily, especially the Natto (keeps blood thinner and prevents excessive blood clotting).
Celery seed ftw