Homebrewing M5aa & M1,4add powders

shyboy

Awards
Ok, I'm new to homebrewing but just want to put in my experience mixing Custom's M5 & M14 powders with D.S's Peg 400 & olive oil. Take it for what it's worth. Maybe it will help:

M5aa:(10mg/ml) I put the peg 400 (99ml) in a gerber baby food jar (glass) & heated in the microwave for 2 minutes or so. Got EXtremely hot, so use a towel or something to handle. I put in 1 gram of M5aa in the peg & stirred. Went in no problem. No clumps, nothing. Crystal clear this morning too. So I got 10mg/ml in a crystal clear solution. I have another gram but didnt want to push it until I saw how this did once cooled. (plus I saved an extra bottle of Peg back just in case I needed it) I might try heating it tonight & adding another gram but I think that might be too much.
M1,4add:(20mg/ml) Same size small baby food jar. Used extra virgin olive oil, 100ml (actually more like 102-3 since I expected some to stick to the jar) and heated the same way. Put in 2 grams of Custom's M1,4add powder and stirred. Took a little bit longer but went into solution pretty good. Kinda hazy, but might be from the oil, but no clumps or anything. No settling in bottom this a.m. either.
Overall it took me maybe 15 minutes total to do both of these. Note: I never nuked the powders, only the liquids then added the powders when hot. Make sure you dont have clumps to start out with but instead a fine powder.

Am I missing something with everyone having so much trouble mixing powders??? Seemed pretty easy. What am I missing??

P.S -Peg does taste like ****. Chase it with something.

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen many people having problems with this. Actually I've only seen people being quite pleased that they could go as high as 30mg/ml of Peg for the M14add.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I didn't think you really had to heat the Peg/Olive oil before making the solution?

Be sure not to feed the solutions to the baby. ;)

cm5

shyboy

Awards
I haven't seen many people having problems with this. Actually I've only seen people being quite pleased that they could go as high as 30mg/ml of Peg for the M14add.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I didn't think you really had to heat the Peg/Olive oil before making the solution?

Be sure not to feed the solutions to the baby. ;)

cm5
yeah the M1,4 I wasnt too concerned about. The M5aa is what I kept hearing on other threads was difficult. People not getting more than 5mg/ml in solution. I thought it was easy personally. I just heated it to add to the solubility of the solutions (chemistry 101 I guess).
And the only baby getting fed is me!!!!

shyboy

Awards
just to update: My M5aa solutions is completely clear in Peg mix 3 days later. No probs whatsoever. The M1,4add however did start to clump up a small bit in the olive oil. Nothing major. I reheated in water & it it dissolved a little better. A little shaking will take care of any clumps upon dosing. Kinda suprised me, I expected the exact opposite results on powder mixes. I always heard the M5 was the hard one to get to stay in solution.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dunno how you got 10mg/ml M5AA into peg400. i could only get 6mg/ml and still had some undissolved clumps. This was with the water bath and shake method 10X.

Purple Huskies

Awards
Is heating up the soultion too high or nuke the solution possibly cause the chemical struacture of each compounds to be destroyed? I am not familair with chemical structures of these compounds, but it seemed like reasonable conclusion to me. Can someone explain how much the heat can be add to the soultion? Maybe you can explain it with change in temperature.

shyboy

Awards
i dunno how you got 10mg/ml M5AA into peg400. i could only get 6mg/ml and still had some undissolved clumps. This was with the water bath and shake method 10X.
That's kinda why I asked. I had no problem getting a gram of M5aa in peg 400. I only had it in the microwave for maybe 2 minutes tops on high. The glass jar really heated up. Dropped in the powder, clumped at first, but I stirred it and it dissolved completely. Still clear in solution as of today. I was surprised since everyone seems to have so much trouble with it. Maybe the water bath is not hitting the high enough temp to make the powder completely soluable??
As far as breaking down the peg in the microwave, everyone I talked to beforehand thought it would not be a problem. I didnt lose any product through evaporation or anything. Peg is pretty heat stable.
Now the M1,4 powder in olive oil is still settling out. Wont stay in solution but I can live with it.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe the water bath is not hitting the high enough temp to make the powder completely soluable??
my "water" bath comes from a pre-heated electronic thermos used for hot drinks set at 203degrees. maybe when you nuke your peg it's at a higher temp than that? anyhow, i would not recommend nuking the powder with the peg in the microwave.

shyboy

Awards
No I never nuked the powder itself. That I have heard will degrade the powder. I have no idea what the temp was. I didnt want to use a thermometer & waste a little of the Peg. Maybe next time.
I did not have a cap on the jar. I used a gerber baby food jar that is not really microwavable so it got real hot, real quick. I still have another gram of M5 powder & another 99ml bottle of Peg. Will try again. Maybe I just got lucky the first time. That's why I was asking for opinions from others who have done this.
The M5 is great in giving me that little boost for energy & intensity. I do 20mg about a 1/2 hour before my workout.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The M5 is great in giving me that little boost for energy & intensity. I do 20mg about a 1/2 hour before my workout.
yeah, that's what i did. But that's all i got from it as well.

Purple Huskies

Awards
It has been a while I had my chemistry book open. But, the mechanism of microwave is not same as cook it on stove. The microwave excite the molecules and atoms of food or wahtever to create energy to heat the food. On the other hand, the stove add heat to food. I am pretty sure nuking the powder degreate its quality for sure. What I concerned is once the solution is heated up, the high temperatuer soultion will or will not degrade the powder. It doesnt have to be hot enough for the powder to melt to reduce its effectiveness. I ahve read R-ALA for example will be use less if it is nto kept under 95 F or so. So what is the limit of the temerature of the solution to make sure it wont degreade the powder .

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is a great idea with the mason jars, I am going to start using them for my transdermal mixes. Thanks for the tip!

shyboy

Awards
Exactly why I used the baby food jars. Easy to store and they are they are the perfect size for 100ml solutions of oral homebrews.

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
I brew all my nolva and orals in mason jars too.

bionicBC

Banned
Awards
I brew all my nolva and orals in mason jars too.
I was looking to buy some nolva from customnutritionwarehouse, and since all that is in stock
is the powdered form, i wanted to homebrew, but hjaven't gone that route before. what would be my best option, and ingredients i would need?

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just get a graduated cylinder, measure out 50ml of Bacardi 151 (or everclear), pour that into your bay food jar, add a gram of nolva, and shake it like a polaroid picture.

Use an oral syringe to measure the doses.

bionicBC

Banned
Awards
Just get a graduated cylinder, measure out 50ml of Bacardi 151 (or everclear), pour that into your bay food jar, add a gram of nolva, and shake it like a polaroid picture.

Use an oral syringe to measure the doses.
Thanks for the help... An adequate dose for PCT from a m1t/4ad/m5aa cycle would be what.... As far as 1g in the 50ml everclear, how would that measure out (per c.c., exc)
Appreciate all input.
BC

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Week 1 - 60mg or 3ml/day
Week 2 - 60mg or 3ml/day
Week 3 - 45mg or 2.25ml/day
Week 4 - 30mg or 1.5ml/day

measure in ml, concentration is 20mg/ml.

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
Back to m5aa...has anyone tried to get m5aa into prop glycol? I have a ton of that laying around and don't want to buy some peg400. :eek:

Sgt. Ownage

Board Supporter
Awards
Bump...anyone?

The m5aa just got here, don't want to waste a gram finding out.