Homebrew Test Prop

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
QUick update.. the pain has been very managable all day.. so basically it sucked like hell for one evening.. But the experiment is a bust since, both arms are pretty much feelign the same. :(

I must say though, I'm damn happy with my reaction to 1ml in each bicep... It certainly use to go over worse then this.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here's the final update of my little experiement..

+ I shot 1ml of prop in each bicep monday night, after back day.

+ Tuesday night was the only night in which pain was Severe, after that point day to day life was pretty much normal.

+ Pain in both arms seemed to be about the same tuesday, wednesday....

+ By thursday, my left bicep the one with Triethanolamine.. seemed to feel a bit better then the right bicep.

+ Friday was bicep night, and working out was not a problem... My left bicep was 100%, my right bicep though, was 70-80% and a bit painful... and a tad weaker then my left due to pain (more so once the pump got going).

+ All in all I'm surprised I recovered so quickly from a large shot of prop to both biceps... but the recovery was indeed about a day ahead of schedule in my left bicep.

That's about it...

good luck.. and I'd love to hear about similar experiments and dosages? I used 1% triethanolamine, in a test prop that contained about 3%BA 12%BB. (if memory serves.)

peace.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to jump onto a cycle of this test prop in less then 2 weeks I think. I brewed mine with more BB,(20%) and less BA,(2%). I think that alone should make a big difference over yours.

I've only tested a half CC in the glute and I didn't feel a thing -- no pain like you describe.

joetrisman

Awards
Poobah, hitting 1cc isn't bad in the arms. I'm rotating my prop on quads, glutes, bis, tris, and pecs. I tried to throw calves in there, but omfg that hurt. Then it felt like I had dbol pumps in them for the next 24 hours.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Ok Poobah, I did the same experiment.

I added 1% Triethanolamine to my 5%BA, 24%BB prop. (I know, high on both solvents.. long story) Painful prop to begin with. Made walking pretty interesting if I hit my quads, glutes or ventroglutes in a rotation.

Anyways I put 1.5cc's in my right delt about 4 days ago. I noticed the pain wasn't as severe and was there for a shorter period, like you mention.

I shot my last shot of my cycle 2 days ago, in my left glute. MINOR discomfort. Barely anything the likes of what I had before in the same area.

It does help. I wonder if a higher dose of Triethanolamine would prove better.

Sturat

Awards
Ok Poobah, I did the same experiment.

I added 1% Triethanolamine to my 5%BA, 24%BB prop. (I know, high on both solvents.. long story) Painful prop to begin with. Made walking pretty interesting if I hit my quads, glutes or ventroglutes in a rotation.

Anyways I put 1.5cc's in my right delt about 4 days ago. I noticed the pain wasn't as severe and was there for a shorter period, like you mention.

I shot my last shot of my cycle 2 days ago, in my left glute. MINOR discomfort. Barely anything the likes of what I had before in the same area.

It does help. I wonder if a higher dose of Triethanolamine would prove better.
You've gotta watch that logic because the Triethanolamine is quite basic. If you add enough to counteract the proprionic acid that forms you're great but if you add too much you're likely to get the same sort of irritation but because the pH is in the other direction now.

I'm certain someone who's more enthusiastic could actually work it out but the recommendation from Dr. D. (who's a better chemist than I'll ever be) is to run it at about 10% of the concentration of your prop.

STU

Sturat

Awards
Just to clarify if you have 100mg/ml prop then your prop makes up about 10% of the total volume thus your TEA should make up about 10% of that or 1% of the total volume.

STU

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify if you have 100mg/ml prop then your prop makes up about 10% of the total volume thus your TEA should make up about 10% of that or 1% of the total volume.

STU
Right. I added 1% of the total volume.

That's it exactly........ Oh.. you were talking about my wondering if a higher dose would prove better.. Gotcha...

scarfacebling

Awards
You've gotta watch that logic because the Triethanolamine is quite basic. If you add enough to counteract the proprionic acid that forms you're great but if you add too much you're likely to get the same sort of irritation but because the pH is in the other direction now.

I'm certain someone who's more enthusiastic could actually work it out but the recommendation from Dr. D. (who's a better chemist than I'll ever be) is to run it at about 10% of the concentration of your prop.

STU
just to clarify Dr. D recommends 1% ofTriethanolamine not 10%

Last edited:

Sturat

Awards
just to clarify Dr. D recommends 1% ofTriethanolaminenot 10%
Yes and if you read my second post I meant to clarify that the TEA should be 10% of the volume of the prop which if you're running 100mg/ml prop would be 1% total. If you ran 50mg/ml prop it would be 0.5%

STU

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Here's the final update of my little experiement..

+ I shot 1ml of prop in each bicep monday night, after back day.

+ Tuesday night was the only night in which pain was Severe, after that point day to day life was pretty much normal.

+ Pain in both arms seemed to be about the same tuesday, wednesday....

+ By thursday, my left bicep the one with Triethanolamine.. seemed to feel a bit better then the right bicep.

+ Friday was bicep night, and working out was not a problem... My left bicep was 100%, my right bicep though, was 70-80% and a bit painful... and a tad weaker then my left due to pain (more so once the pump got going).

+ All in all I'm surprised I recovered so quickly from a large shot of prop to both biceps... but the recovery was indeed about a day ahead of schedule in my left bicep.

That's about it...

good luck.. and I'd love to hear about similar experiments and dosages? I used 1% triethanolamine, in a test prop that contained about 3%BA 12%BB. (if memory serves.)

peace.
I

I have found the solution for the prop pain. Get the right kit.

My experiments are from pellets for my cattle. Have used one companies kits for a year and pain yes yes yes and swelling and even bruising. I just changed companies, used the powder from the SAME conversion batch and comparatively almost NO pain.

I have learned my lesson spend the extra $15 and get the so called pain free kit.

CROWLER

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I want to add one more comment here for anyone considering increasing the amount: this may not be a healthy idea.

The data we have available suggests there should be no health concern within the range of 0.5% to 1%. But beyond that is speculation.

Here are the facts:

Safety (MSDS) data for triethanolamine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General
Synonyms: nitrilo-2,2',2"-triethanol, tris(2-hydroxyethyl)amine, 2,2',2"-trihydroxy-triethylamine, trolamine, TEA, tri(hydroxyethyl)amine, daltogen, 2,2',2"-nitrilotrisethanol, various trade names
Molecular formula: C6H15NO3
CAS No: 102-71-6
EC No: 203-049-8
Physical data
Appearance: viscous colourless or light yellow liquid or white solid
Melting point: 18 - 21 C
Boiling point: 190 - 193 C at 5 mm Hg, ca. 335 C at 760 mm Hg (decomposes)
Vapour density: 0.01 mm Hg at 20 C
Vapour pressure: 5.14
Specific gravity: 1.124
Flash point: 185 C
Explosion limits: 1.3 % - 8.5 %
Autoignition temperature: 315 C

Stability
Stable. Incompatible with oxidizing agents and acids. Light and air sensitive.

Toxicology

May be harmful by inhalation, ingestion or through skin absorption. Chronic exposure may lead to liver and kidney damage. Skin irritant - may cause dermatitis.

Toxicity data

ORL-RAT LD50 4920 mg kg-1
SKN-RAT LD60 16 ml kg-1
IPR-MUS LD50 1450 mg kg-1
ORL-GPG LD50 5300 mg kg-1
ORL-RBT LD50 5160 mg kg-1
ORL-MUS LD50 7400 mg kg-1

Risk phrases

R36 R37 R38.

Transport information
Non-hazardous for air, sea and road freight.
Personal protection
Safety glasses, adequate ventilation.
Safety phrases

S26 S36

Triethanolamine is used in many cosmetic products, among other things. Running a couple cycles of prop with it probably will be less passed through liver and kidneys than years of applying make-up, (but then again I'm guessing, and I don't know which make-up products contain it).

crucial38

Banned
Awards
trolamine?

I actually just gave this a try earlier this week. It works like a charm. I didn't try shooting it without the trolamine, but I shot 1/2cc with it, and didn't feel a thing. No pain the next day or anything.

My prop was made from synovex. I brewed it at 2% BA, 20% BB, and 0.8% trolamine.

Now I've only tried that 1/2cc. I'm not actually running a cycle right now. I
just wanted to make sure that I could use this batch later on.

It is totally pain free. I am very sensitive to this sort of thing too.

I like the idea of trying the trolamine but where is one to find it. I see its used as an analgesic for psycoris and other conditions but can't find a chem company with it..

[email protected]

:cheers:

crucial38

Banned
Awards
Answering my own question

I like the idea of trying the trolamine but where is one to find it. I see its used as an analgesic for psycoris and other conditions but can't find a chem company with it..

[email protected]

:cheers:
Found what I needed at lange
BA,BB and the TR all for $22.50..WooHoo..:clap2: