Holy Basil

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone with experience using this herb? Supposedly it's pretty good for reducing stress/anxiety through cortisol reduction. It's also a good source of rosmarinic acid which is a GABA transaminase inhibitor. So, it seems like this would also provide a good, long-term solution to increase GABA levels.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't say it's one I've ever looked over.

However, I can say that I read your thread title like it was from the old Batman comics.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

However, I can say that I read your thread title like it was from the old Batman comics.
Great. Now I'm going to have that thought stuck in my head anytime I read Holy Basil. Thanks. :\

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used it in a cap form and liquid and didn't notice much, but there is another thread going in which others have reported a nice relaxation from it. But, I am comparing to ashwagandha and bacopa, which are very pronounced for me. I'd say give it a shot and see.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used it in a cap form and liquid and didn't notice much, but there is another thread going in which others have reported a nice relaxation from it. But, I am comparing to ashwagandha and bacopa, which are very pronounced for me. I'd say give it a shot and see.
Your experience isn't very encouraging. I had read somewhere that it's pretty comparable to ashwagandha. If you don't mind, can you please send me a link to the other thread you're referencing? Regardless, I'll probably pick some up tomorrow and give it a try.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This was just my experience and yours could be completely different, so you'll only know if you try it. Sorry, I don't have a link, but it shouldn't take much to find users that are experiencing the effects you are after as it is known to help with relaxation.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This was just my experience and yours could be completely different, so you'll only know if you try it. Sorry, I don't have a link, but it shouldn't take much to find users that are experiencing the effects you are after as it is known to help with relaxation.
Yeah, I'll just pick up some new chapter holy basil and see what it's like. It's the closest thing to ashwagandha in effects (increase gaba, reduce cortisol, etc) that I've been able to find online...that doesn't affect the thyroid.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After a week of use, the only thing I've noticed from Holy Basil is a large increase in my anxiety (similar to my experience when I tried Lemon Balm). However, that could just be from it not really having an effect so far and my anxiety returning to it's normal, high levels since I'm no longer taking ashwagandha (wanted to try Holy Basil by itself). I was wondering if you've ever tried Relora? It's the other herbal anti-anxiety supplement I'm interested in trying next.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love Relora. I will take it sometimes if I feel like my mind is going to keep me up at night. It's not a staple pre bed supplement, but great when I need it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After a week of use, the only thing I've noticed from Holy Basil is a large increase in my anxiety (similar to my experience when I tried Lemon Balm). However, that could just be from it not really having an effect so far and my anxiety returning to it's normal, high levels since I'm no longer taking ashwagandha (wanted to try Holy Basil by itself). I was wondering if you've ever tried Relora? It's the other herbal anti-anxiety supplement I'm interested in trying next.
Have you tried aniracetam yet?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love Relora. I will take it sometimes if I feel like my mind is going to keep me up at night. It's not a staple pre bed supplement, but great when I need it.
Would you say it's too sedating for daytime use?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried aniracetam yet?
I tried it a few years ago. However, I was taking it with a few other things. So, I don't really know the effects it would have had by itself. I'll probably try aniracetam again. However, this time I'll try it without a choline source as I've recently found that anytime I take one, it tends to make me tired and depressed.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me it is. Typically 45-60 min after taking I just melt into the couch and feel relaxed. Little motivation and just non caring mentally.
What dose were you taking for that effect?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Kisaj is the man when it comes to these things. From his advice I now use ashwaganda, relora and bacopa and love all 3. Havent tried holy basil but those are good options as well

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I grow and eat a lot of it in the summer months, but I just do it cause it taste good!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I thought this was a new religious supplement!

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kisaj is the man when it comes to these things. From his advice I now use ashwaganda, relora and bacopa and love all 3. Havent tried holy basil but those are good options as well
Definitely agree that he's the herbal guru. I also appreciate that he always takes the time to share his knowledge with others. I have some relora being delivered tomorrow and look forward to giving it a try.