Hit a Plateau (Critique my diet and routine)

SimplyDraven

SimplyDraven

Awards
ok...youre obviously not listening to anything i just said. "i get in more sets than just one"???? what i said has nothing to do with "getting in sets"...geeze man...waste of my time.

Not a complete waste. I appreciated it. Lol :thanks:

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
haha i dont give a **** about stats. i could say im 6' 3" 260 and u might believe me but its not true... i give him props 245 aint bad at all but when u say i took my diet from flex magazine and call me a waste u start problems... i know for a fact the way he trains would not work for me. trust me. ive been taught there is no such thing as overtraining just not enough rest... and i dont post pictures because or havent yet cause i dont feel it is that important for random dudes who u dont know a thing about look at them or whatever they wanna do. and no offense to ricky but a soft 245 is good but i would rather be a jacked out of my mind 215

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
wow, its getting cometitive in here. Its not about who is bigger in here. Diet is about what works for your body. Who cares where the diet came from. MAYBE it works for him. If youve hit a plateau. Bust thru it with a nutritional sledge hammer. EAT, and Train, and sleep!!!! Like a bid dog. Plateau busted. end of story

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
haha i dont give a **** about stats. i could say im 6' 3" 260 and u might believe me but its not true... i give him props 245 aint bad at all but when u say i took my diet from flex magazine and call me a waste u start problems... i know for a fact the way he trains would not work for me. trust me. ive been taught there is no such thing as overtraining just not enough rest... and i dont post pictures because or havent yet cause i dont feel it is that important for random dudes who u dont know a thing about look at them or whatever they wanna do. and no offense to ricky but a soft 245 is good but i would rather be a jacked out of my mind 215
true words from a shrimp. have fun being little. ill have fun ripping apart your comments then im done with you

* "i know for a fact the way he trains would not work for me. trust me. ive been taught there is no such thing as overtraining"---wow, need i say more....no such thing as overtraining? classic sign of an overtrainner

**"i dont post pictures because or havent yet cause i dont feel it is that important for random dudes who u dont know a thing about look at them or whatever they wanna do"---really? or is it because your overtrain and you dont have anything too show for it?

***"no offense to ricky but a soft 245 is good but i would rather be a jacked out of my mind 215" --Hmmm, i believe i said i was on a bulk.. and oh my gosh guess what. Im at 250 right now with three months left. when im done il cut down, and guess what again my friend, ill be bigger than 215..and if you think im soft your just silly...silly girl

****"haha i dont give a **** about stats. i could say im 6' 3" 260 and u might believe me but its not true"---I believe stats say something my friend. I worked hard for mine, i dont know about you. and thats why we post pictures, to verify our stats.

******" haha ur a joke brother... oh so u count in your warm up sets haha.. and ur meal plan is trash " since you copied yours from flex you wouldnt know a thing about meal plans. second after i explanded it again and again you still dont get HIT. work on your reading comprehension

********"idk bra i get in more sets than just one and do usually four different exercises per muscle"---again, rediculous, you still dont get it....let me ask you a question, why do you do 3-4 sets? what is your reasoning huh? is it because you have a reason or because thats what everyone elese does or did you copy your workout plan from flex too?

I could go on and on all day with you. frankly you annoy me. say another comment kid...say something educated this time.

P.s sorry to everyone else in this post, i did not mean to wast your time with this. ya'll probally think im an ass and i appologize to you. as to Kmk25 i could care less

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i think a 250 pounder's diet and workout plan, although different from others, has merit.
in fact far more merit than some troll who talks big but wont post stats.
Thanks man, your a beast

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
wow. man u got way too much time on ur hands... my point was u were the one with the nagging commments. I was just asking questions.. u might think ur big but 245 aint **** and u look like **** ne way wats ur bf 20% haha

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
but hey man i am not here to make these comments all i did was post a diet. and it was not from flex magazine and asked a couple questions. u were the one trying to put people in there place. just curious wat u lift with good form and if u could be honest that would be good

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
wow. man u got way too much time on ur hands... my point was u were the one with the nagging commments. I was just asking questions.. u might think ur big but 245 aint **** and u look like **** ne way wats ur bf 20% haha
i was hoping you were going to say that. and the answer is no son, i dont have too much time on my hands i am just somewhat educated, unlike you. i know how to gather and process information in a timely manner. it took my barely 2 minutes to rip you.

oh and i know you were on my page, and i know you looked in my album, so that means i also say you looked at my pictures, so i alsooo know you know i dont look like ****, and i also know you can see my BF isnt anywhere near 20%, and the title is 45 lbs lighter, so i also know you cant say im not big at 250 cus i was 200 in those pics. so i guess i can also say i know your an idiot. like i said, say another comment kid, this time something educated.

***can someone else please change the subject and get back to what the starter of this post was talking about-

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
but hey man i am not here to make these comments all i did was post a diet. and it was not from flex magazine and asked a couple questions. u were the one trying to put people in there place. just curious wat u lift with good form and if u could be honest that would be good
i wasnt trying to put anyone in there place. i didnt mind your diet, it just looked like somehting from flex and thats undeniable. however, when i tried to explanin the basis behind hit, you clearly didnt get what i was saying. its not that i was trying to rag on you then, i was just saying i felt like i wasted my time trying to explain it to you. you can do four sets all you want, i just would like you to know WHY you do for sets and not two or say eight or even one. i was trying to tell you why i only do 1 set and you were acting as if i could only GET one set in and that has nothing to do with it. it is a training philosiphy saying that 1 set is enough to put your body in a prime anabolic mode to build the most muscle at your fastet rate. it is also saying that anymore sets (3-5) will put your body in a catabolic state saying some gains can be made but not to your full potential. im not saying any other training is wrong. trust me, i made great gains with 3 sets, but i personally make insane gains with one set.

i thought it was dumb at first. i read about it 5 years ago and knocked it off. i thought 1 set?? come on... however, i had no idea what i was doing then. i was doing 4 sets cus flex told me to. reading flex aint a bad thing man. just know why you do the things you do and dont automatically think it wont work for you. i did that, and i highley regret it.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
you wanted my lifts so here you go: i dont max out so you can figure that out if you want, this is what i lift, how i lift it.

incline BB bench: 315-6
hammer strength incline: 450-10
DB fly: 105's for 6
cable flys: 130-10

Reverse grip pulldowns: 250-10 (whole stack-cant go up)
reverse grip bent rows: 405-10
Old school t-bar: 8 plates-8

DB military press: 100's (200 lb)-8
Cable side raises: 77.5-20 ( got more than i thought last week, going up in weight this week)
bent raises:110-8
upwright rows: 215-10

reverse/closegrip shrugs: 315-10
reverse grip wide shrugs:405-10
db shurgs: 120's (heaviest we have) 15

BB curl: 170-8
Incline Db curl: 50's for 9
single arm preacher: 90-12

straight bar push downs, 150-8 (other cable maching i do 230, doesnt make sense, it depends on the pully system)
skull crushers: 145-8
single arm Db overhead extentions- 65's -8

squat: 335-8 (i have scoliosis so i cant go heavy, bar sits on even on my back, if you dont know what scoliosis is, google it.)
leg press: 24 plates-12 (all the leg press will hold, i go way past 90 degrees
single leg, leg ext.: 190-10
single leg curls: 150-10

calve raises:390-10
leg sled calve raises: 12 plates-10

wrist curls: 125-10
Behind wrist curls: 125-15
reverse wrist curls: 45

there you go, feel free to rip on me, im sure you will

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
i dont get pleasure out of rippin on people man. just trying to make a point and im no fool that would just take something out of a mag.. good lifts bra

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
and btw if u care to see what a shrimp looks like at two hundreds pounds. look at my profile and check out the pic... i aint a beast just yet but i wouldnt say its bad either

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
and btw if u care to see what a shrimp looks like at two hundreds pounds. look at my profile and check out the pic... i aint a beast just yet but i wouldnt say its bad either
aint bad but dont forget those forearms man.

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
wat do u do for those? wrist curls or wat. i have problems sometimes when i do bb curls my forearms hurt on the underside i dont how else to explain it maybe tendons?? but yeah my forearms arent that bad it could be the pic. but yeah i have a couple areas i could def work on

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
we all do man, i for one and a little off, my legs are 30 inches with 20 inch calves and my chest is only 51 inches. my legs are deisel but i have to bring my chest up atleast another 5-6 inches to match. it drives me nuts. i didnt do forearms til this year and brought them up 2 inches in a few months. must have been the shock. wrist curls on a bench work great, always make sure your thumbs are on the outside (same side as your other fingers). i have pain in them aswell, but i do them anyway. theres nothing more impressie to me than thick forearms. reverse cruls, and reverse wrist curls work great too even hammer curls hit them

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Good stats diesel. I have 150 lb dumbells in my military gym. I get 405 squat for 6, but I only did 245 incline bb press for 9 yesterday. I shrug 150 for 12, but after that the straps are holding the dumbells. not me. lol, and I military 225 for 6. straight leg dead 355 for 6, and 315 for 10. I am working on it. I deployed for 6 months, and my ships gym is not much bigger than a closet. I lose strength. I am not making excuses. Keep growing man

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
Good stats diesel. I have 150 lb dumbells in my military gym. I get 405 squat for 6, but I only did 245 incline bb press for 9 yesterday. I shrug 150 for 12, but after that the straps are holding the dumbells. not me. lol, and I military 225 for 6. straight leg dead 355 for 6, and 315 for 10. I am working on it. I deployed for 6 months, and my ships gym is not much bigger than a closet. I lose strength. I am not making excuses. Keep growing man
right on man, keep it up, i wish we had 150's id def be all over them. i do 455 straight deads for 6. im doing them tonight so im shooting for 8. i used to workout in this gym that was the size of a khols bathroom. it sucked so i know the feeling.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Pretty stout bro. I have back, hams, and calves tonight. I am only doing 1 or 2 all out sets per exercise too. i almost got dizzy man. got to go for now.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
I'm on wendler's 5/3/1 now, and its close to the same principle. there may be 3 working sets, but the final set is always balls out rep out til you cant do one more. this is my first periodized routine and i'm really diggin it.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Its intense, and I will do this for a month, or so, and then back to 3 sets really heavy, and 6-8 reps. well see how it goes.

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
im not sure cooky if u do bb shurgs but those are good!

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I rotate from one to the other. I do barbell shrugs, DB shrugs, or use the TRAP bar.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
Pretty stout bro. I have back, hams, and calves tonight. I am only doing 1 or 2 all out sets per exercise too. i almost got dizzy man. got to go for now.
i know man, ive thrown up on both leg and shoulder day using only one set per exercise. its crucial. im actually feeling overtrained and broken down from this one rep routine. ive been working on the my ultimate mass plan for awhile which ill swtich too once i have it completelly worked out. im just tyring to get a third rest day in there a week or something smilar. two rest days a week isnt enough for me. i see people complaining there never sore. im sore for atleast 4 days after every workout and on leg day i can only do them once every two weeks because there sore for about 8-10 days. ive got alot to consider and think about when making this plan. its all very exciting though, ill post in in a new thread when im done if anyone cares to take a look.

fatherenis

Awards
Now you guys are friends. Lets get back to the busting through this plateau! Common lol

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Ricky, do you stretch your quads out or hit the sauna ever. Hot tub sounds good too. You could also try to get some deep tissue work to give the tendons some oxygenated blood. It will really heal the tissue, and help you recover and grow. I wish I could get them more often. I was forced to take yesterday, and the next two days off. My ship is going thru its engineering certification. The schedule is long, and I was forced to stay on the ship. Oh well, I will train again friday.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
Ricky, do you stretch your quads out or hit the sauna ever. Hot tub sounds good too. You could also try to get some deep tissue work to give the tendons some oxygenated blood. It will really heal the tissue, and help you recover and grow. I wish I could get them more often. I was forced to take yesterday, and the next two days off. My ship is going thru its engineering certification. The schedule is long, and I was forced to stay on the ship. Oh well, I will train again friday.
man sorry about missing the gym, its frustrating i know. you know ive been really interested in deep tissue massages. I just dont have the money....i stetch them and rub them myself but when i do legs man i do legs, there gone for atleast a week. i wish i had a hot tub man, id be in there daily. i even took yoga for 6 months, that was fun. but i gotta figure something out

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Try to find a massage school, and get the discounted rate. You can have a student practice on you for cheap. Tiger balm is nice too.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i love that stuff, my girlfriend got it for me a year back. thanks for the tip man, ill check it out