high prolactin levels

GIJane1928

Awards
looking for some information on what types of supps can cause elevated prolactin levels. ive been screened for hypothyroidism and a pituitary tumor- both negative. can i be supplementing w (or in tje past) something that can be causing this?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably wanna tell us what you are taking...

dewing246

Awards
DAA has been shown to cause high prolactin levels in some. But it is a very small percentage from what I remember reading.

GIJane1928

Awards
multi vit, vit c, vit d, tyrosine, lcarnitine, fish oil, zma, glucosmaine, kelp, green tea, dexaprine

have taken:
l-dopa
maca
cla
lean xtreme

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never heard of any of those causing high prolactin levels. have you tried any prolactin lowering supps?

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PowerFULL by USPlabs... kill 3 birds with 1 stone... Knocks out high prolactin levels... Awesome sleep... stimulates GH... PowerFULL sleep = PowerFULL body.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
multi vit, vit c, vit d, tyrosine, lcarnitine, fish oil, zma, glucosmaine, kelp, green tea, dexaprine

have taken:
l-dopa
maca
cla
lean xtreme
none of these should be causing significantly high prolactin levels.

L-dopa does the exact opposite

GIJane1928

Awards
thats what i thought. even using stim products like dex enhances effects of dopamine. i havent tried inhibit-p bc im waiting to see what the endocrinologist says. does it change impact of supps if im a woman?

GIJane1928

Awards
thats what i thought. even using stim products like dex enhances effects of dopamine. i havent tried inhibit-p bc im waiting to see what the endocrinologist says. does it change impact of supps if im a woman?

wrathchild281

Awards
agreed inhibit p is solid to take at this point. or go with pharm grade aromisin

winslow

winslow

Awards
agreed inhibit p is solid to take at this point. or go with pharm grade aromisin
aromasin is an anti-aromatase. cabergoline (caber) and Pramipexole (prami) are anti-prolactin.

-W-

GIJane1928

Awards
thanks for the info guys. i go see the dr in less than 2 wks. not sure if he is going to prescribe something before more tests. as i said before, no tumor and bloodwork showed no obvious troubles w thyroid. someone in another thread mentioned that prolonged use of l-dopa can cause a spike in prolactin. does anyone know if that occurs or for how long? used it for a while about 6 yrs ago. any other side effects i should be looking for bc i dont have any of the obvious ones

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

broons

Awards
  • Established
Does a woman with high prolactin want to take a supp containing vitex? Doesn't it have the opposite affect in women than men? I'm honestly not positive i havent read too much on vitex so correct me if I am wrong.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Regardless, what course of treatment is your physician prescribing?

GIJane1928

Awards
i go to dr middle of next wk. just wanted some info on what supps icould have been taking that would impact prolactin so i go go into the appt informed

GIJane1928

Awards
im hoping that i get something to begin to address the problem... i didnt order anything like inhibt p yet bc i wanted to see what route dr was going to take in treating this. im sure i will end up getting more tests done, as they still arent sure of the cause