High Prolactin But I'm Not On Anything

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
About 5 days ago I got bloods. My prolactin came back at 27.
I have been off cycle now for 12 weeks and there is no reason that i'm aware of that can be causing this elevated level.
I have been taking Endosurge which is supposed to increase Free Test and Prolactrone which is supposed to decrease prolactin. I've also been taking Vitamin C and D.

I have called back my doctor and because I want to ask him if I should be worried as I have read that this could be a sign of pituitary tumor. I have also made an appointment with an Endo.

Any comments?

rphash49

Awards
Looks like you have taken the proper steps by setting up an appointment with an endo.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
what are your test levels. i've read that low test can cause this. maybe ur just not back to normal yet.
486 is my total test. Im usually around 502. Im 44.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no one ever told you that hormonal disruption caused by steroids could be permanent?

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
no one ever told you that hormonal disruption caused by steroids could be permanent?
Yes but i thought is was only for people who abused it. Before I turned 39 I never used steroids.

infraredline

Awards
Yes but i thought is was only for people who abused it. Before I turned 39 I never used steroids.
As long as you take the proper precautions and are smart with your use and run full, complete pct you can normally keep your hormones pretty close to what they were before cycling. Go to your endo see what he/she has to say. If they say its not a problem insist on getting some dostinex prescribed to fix your prolactin levels.

What was your pct after your last cycle op?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's a potential side effect. more likely in people who abuse it, just like any thing else. but it could happen potentially, first time, or 10,000 time, cause it's a potential side effect.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
As long as you take the proper precautions and are smart with your use and run full, complete pct you can keep your hormones pretty close to what they were before cycling. Go to your endo see what he/she has to say. If they say its not a problem insist on getting some dostinex prescribed to fix your prolactin levels. What was your pct after your last cycle op?
Cant remember 100% but it was something like:

Clomid 50mg for 2 weeks, then 25mg for 2 weeks, Aromasine 12.5mg for 4 weeks, Unleashed 6 caps for 4 weeks.

Then I got bloods, my test was 440 and prolactin 12. So i ran another 3 weeks of PCT where i did 50mg of Clomid for 2 weeks then 25mg, 40mg of Novla for 2 weeks then 20mg. Continued Unleashed, started using some Bulbine, dropped it after 2 weeks.
Got bloods again and Test was 660, prolactin was 14.

Then came off everything and was testing Endosurge and started Prolactrone.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
it's a potential side effect. more likely in people who abuse it, just like any thing else. but it could happen potentially, first time, or 10,000 time, cause it's a potential side effect.
So u think my high Prolactin and below average test is due to my use of AAS?

infraredline

Awards
So u think my high Prolactin and below average test is due to my use of AAS?
Your levels aren't really that off. Your test is only a few points below where you were pre cycle, just get back on unleashed and that will fix that problem. Your prolactin is the only thing that's really badly off, just go to your endo and see what they say.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Your levels aren't really that off. Your test is only a few points below where you were pre cycle, just get back on unleashed and that will fix that problem. Your prolactin is the only thing that's really badly off, just go to your endo and see what they say.
Ive tried Unleashed and Endosurge and I have gotten bloods. There is no increase in Free Test for me in those products.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, in that case all these people telling me I should stay off AAS and ancillaries for a while are all wrong. I now need them.
all advice, recommendations an such are just guesses. no one knows whats going to happen when you start a cycle.

infraredline

Awards
Ive tried Unleashed and Endosurge and I have gotten bloods. There is no increase in Free Test for me in those products.
That's a shame, unleashed works really well for me. You can't go wrong with some d-aspartic acid, it's cheap too.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
That's a shame, unleashed works really well for me. You can't go wrong with some d-aspartic acid, it's cheap too.
DAA from Primodrial Performance really use tk work for me. I use to think Unleashed did but I got bloods to prove it doesnt.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol this. Plus taking barely any time off between cycles.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
no but 13 weeks ain't very long if you have been using them regularly for 3 or 4 years.
I know but Im 44 years old, as u can see on a good day my test levels are 502. I need AAS. I dont have the luxury of being off for 6 months.

infraredline

Awards
I know but Im 44 years old, as u can see on a good day my test levels are 502. I need AAS. I dont have the luxury of being off for 6 months.
You don't need to be off for 6 months. Time off = time on + pct

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
You don't need to be off for 6 months. Time off = time on + pct
Well I was on 13 weeks, PCT 4 weeks, off for 2 weeks, had to do another PCT for 3 weeks.
I've been off as of next Monday 13 weeks. How do you calculate that?

infraredline

Awards
Well I was on 13 weeks, PCT 4 weeks, off for 2 weeks, had to do another PCT for 3 weeks.
I've been off as of next Monday 13 weeks. How do you calculate that?
I would say give yourself another 4-6 weeks. I wouldn't do anything till you see your endo though.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Daa can increase prolactin, so can too much 5htp or any OTC supp that is said to increase serotonin (sleep aids/some diet aids) pea especially.

I had same issue in sept. I looked hard and close at my supps, every single one, and found I was taking in too much 5htp and PEA. And was on DAA- dropped all of them and added powerfull at 2 caps a night (increases dopamine) dopamine decreases prolactin, problem solved in a week or two.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Daa can increase prolactin, so can too much 5htp or any OTC supp that is said to increase serotonin (sleep aids/some diet aids) pea especially. I had same issue in sept. I looked hard and close at my supps, every single one, and found I was taking in too much 5htp and PEA. And was on DAA- dropped all of them and added powerfull at 2 caps a night (increases dopamine) dopamine decreases prolactin, problem solved in a week or two.
Wow!! I was taking DAA. I didnt mention that. What id 5htp?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow!! I was taking DAA. I didnt mention that. What id 5htp?
Precursor to serotonin... Taking 5htp will raise Serotonin levels... Too much Serotonin causes a rise In prolactin idk why or how. Only way to fix is to stop taking the serotonin boosting compounds, and if u want a more rapid recovery, add in l dopa from analyzed supplements or usplabs powerfull

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
JB - you have kicked the ever loving crap out of your hormonal system and feedback loop.

Really.

No. Really.

You need to realize your body is not immune to the things you have done and the many cycles you have run.

Others are saying the same thing. And both in this thread and in others.

I am not trying to be a jerk - only to bring you the reality of things in a straightforward and direct way.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
JB - you have kicked the ever loving crap out of your hormonal system and feedback loop. Really. No. Really. You need to realize your body is not immune to the things you have done and the many cycles you have run. Others are saying the same thing. And both in this thread and in others. I am not trying to be a jerk - only to bring you the reality of things in a straightforward and direct way.
I appreciate it, all I'm saying is I didnt have much of a choice being that once I got into my late 30s my body refused to respond to just lifting weights and eating fairly clean. And the future is no better. Unless they invent a pill that reverses the body's reduction of production of testosterone with age I have no other choice but AAS. And how long can I be off? Ive been off now for almost 13 weeks. Im dieing to get back on.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I appreciate it, all I'm saying is I didnt have much of a choice being that once I got into my late 30s my body refused to respond to just lifting weights and eating fairly clean. And the future is no better. Unless they invent a pill that reverses the body's reduction of production of testosterone with age I have no other choice but AAS. And how long can I be off? Ive been off now for almost 13 weeks. Im dieing to get back on.
There are other options, but - I agree - andropause - the age-related decline in test - sucks.

Look, I am ten years older than you. Believe me, I get it.

But, the approach I've taken is to minimize the negatives by including supplements to help offset the negatives. That, and a well designed program to increase tes, is a much better approach that cruise and blast, and wreaking havoc.

Now, from the "this guy is an ******* department" - I would strongly encourage you to read. And then read some more.

If you need TRT, then talk to your MD about TRT, and read all about that.

To start with, just go to Amazon and do a search under testosterone. There are books that describe programs to systematically address all of this.

Look, I am not trying to be your Dad, you probably have one of those. All I am trying to do is help you realize that there are options - other than hammering your body and being surprised by the results.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Were you on prolactrone when you got your bloods taken?