High hemoglobin and hematocrit levels?

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
Well I finally was able to donate last week and had blood work done the following day. I got the results today. My hemoglobin was 17 and my hematocrit came back 48. My testosterone was low at 378 but that was to be expected since I had cut my dose for a few weeks. I will be keeping a better handle on my blood donations from here on out.

Vj63

Banned
Awards
Well I finally was able to donate last week and had blood work done the following day. I got the results today. My hemoglobin was 17 and my hematocrit came back 48. My testosterone was low at 378 but that was to be expected since I had cut my dose for a few weeks. I will be keeping a better handle on my blood donations from here on out.
You may possibly never have that issue again if you don't go back to a higher dose than you were on before or slightly less. My numbers were running high and after donating a time or two they have never gotten anywhere near that level again even after the donations stopped.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
You may possibly never have that issue again if you don't go back to a higher dose than you were on before or slightly less. My numbers were running high and after donating a time or two they have never gotten anywhere near that level again even after the donations stopped.
That's good to know......

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking naringin for a few months now and it leveled mine out. Dropped it about 2.5-3 points and haven't done anything else.

Vj63

Banned
Awards
I've been taking naringin for a few months now and it leveled mine out. Dropped it about 2.5-3 points and haven't done anything else.
Does naringin have the same P450 enzyme interactions on certain medications that grapefruit has?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've been using Naringin (in my case, Swanson) as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, same brand. I have felt "cleaner" since taking it. Like it makes me feel less weighed down with crud or oxidants. Could be the effect on RBC.