High dosed BCAA nitrates.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Anybody take like 20 grams around a workout. Id almost be afraid of BP getting too low while I have a huge weight over me.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody take like 20 grams around a workout. Id almost be afraid of BP getting too low while I have a huge weight over me.
Which product are you talking about? 20 g of BCAAs doesnt mean you are getting 20g of nitrates. Most are using 1g of luceine nitrate in the blend which is about 312mgs of nitrates total

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That would be dangerous, and you would develop a tolerance very quickly- less is actually better when it comes to nitrates- I wouldn't go much over 1-1.5 grams per day total of nitrates (just nitrates, not nitrate plus other compound)- you will start to get headaches and some other negative sides if you do...Also, make sure you run iron, NAC, and vitamin C along with them

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never went that high.. used 1 scoop of VPX Powershock intra-workout. NO-Synthesize is far superior imo.

Mike

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I found a place that supposedly sells them in bulk and says you can take up to twenty grams. I thought it was weird too.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
With nitrates, more does not necessarily make it better. Many people can't take even up to a gram of nitrates as they get pretty significant headaches. There's a reason bulk creatine nitrate isn't sold in bulk (besides cost efficiency), and that's the danger factor that comes with people taking in too much nitrate. 20 grams is ridiculously out of the question unless you were trying to harm yourself.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I thought. I guess thats one website that just lost me as a customer!

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The website was telling you how much you can take that's been proven safe in a study. I use bcaa nitrate at one serving mixed with regular bcaa's for the extra amount of bcaa. I only use the nitrate to help with absorption of everything in my shake. But that's if your talking about MF Bcaa Nitrate. :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The website was telling you how much you can take that's been proven safe in a study. I use bcaa nitrate at one serving mixed with regular bcaa's for the extra amount of bcaa. I only use the nitrate to help with absorption of everything in my shake. But that's if your talking about MF Bcaa Nitrate. :D
Lots of talk about MuscleFeast lately, I ordered some Anabolic Ignite, can't wait to try some!

I think it's almost pointless to take tons of BCAA Nitrates, I like the Nitrates pre-workout for pump and stick to the normal bcaa;)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great post /\

Nitrates help quite a bit with absorption- it is actually a really interesting process. NO can actually overcome transepithelial electrical resistance (TEER) and increase permeability by temporarily altering tight junctions. Tight junctions are entities comprised of the fused outer layers of cell membranes between epithelial cells, which reduce the ability of larger molecules and water to pass between the cells, and subsequently into the bloodstream. Tight junctions in epithelial cells are helpful in most situations, but they can be a barrier in the absorption of certain supplements and drug substances, and can severely limit their absorption into the bloodstream.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't quote on my cell but that's exactly what I do JD. I ordered more reg Bcaa from Mf recently I want to try getting 50 grams in a day and see if it helps, my friend takes 40 and he got shredded.
40g BCAA taken all around the workout...or thru-out the day (between meals), ala layne norton method?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great post /\

Nitrates help quite a bit with absorption- it is actually a really interesting process. NO can actually overcome transepithelial electrical resistance (TEER) and increase permeability by temporarily altering tight junctions. Tight junctions are entities comprised of the fused outer layers of cell membranes between epithelial cells, which reduce the ability of larger molecules and water to pass between the cells, and subsequently into the bloodstream. Tight junctions in epithelial cells are helpful in most situations, but they can be a barrier in the absorption of certain supplements and drug substances, and can severely limit their absorption into the bloodstream.
Good info...my follow up question, would the nitrate have to be bound to the BCAA in order for that increase in absorbtion of the BCAA's or would the intake of say 1-2 grams of creatine nitrate help out with (regular/un-nitrated) BCAA's....or really whatever your ingesting at the time of taking the creatine nitrate...?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It takes 45 minutes for the effects of nitrates to click in, so taking 20 grams around workout time would really benefit the end of your training assuming your training 45 minutes.

First the nitrates need to get to intestines and later into bloodstream. Then they are excreted into the saliva where the nitrates are converted into nitrates by the bacteria in your mouth when then the digestion process needs to happen again to increase NO.

Prior to going to 20 grams I suggest testing 10 grams for a few days, then 15 and then 20. If you feel any nausea or light headedness your OD's your own tolerance levels for nitrates.

I suggest consuming with 500mg of Vitamin C to help combat radicals and also to help prevent nitrate tolerance so you can go for longer cycles.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good question- it would simply be the nitrate intake, not necessarily what it was bound to- so to your example, you could take regular BCAA along with the 1-2 grams of nitrate and still get the desired digestive-enhancing effect

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good question- it would simply be the nitrate intake, not necessarily what it was bound to- so to your example, you could take regular BCAA along with the 1-2 grams of nitrate and still get the desired digestive-enhancing effect
Actually, the nitrate bond may increase the solubility of the amino's, which is especially important with L-Leucine. L-leucine is not (or very low) water soluble but L-luecine nitrate is very water soluble.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Even if they dissociate upon reaching the stomach?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even if they dissociate upon reaching the stomach?
Think of it like this, with creatine mono some people dont absorb the creatine appropriately and get GI issues, but if they dissolve the creatine in warm water the issues are resolved. Compare to Leucine which has poor water solubility and Leucine nitrate is which is very high water soluble.

Im unsure exactly how to answer your question (Im not an expert, and hope not to come across that way,) and Im using some theory without scientific references, but I would assume the permeation enhanced effects of the nitrate bond would be rather significant along with the significant of the difference in water solubility of leucine vs. leucine nitrate.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dissociation means that the salt (nitrate bound to guanadine nitrogen) will split from the parent compound (creatine or BCAA)- when this occurs, you have two separate entities because the bonding between the salt and the parent compound has been broken....

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya, I found a place that supposedly sells them in bulk and says you can take up to twenty grams. I thought it was weird too.
I know the place and I use their product. No need to go that high, but I use maximum serving size in addition to powershock for taste, which I'd wager is under dosed.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dissociation means that the salt (nitrate bound to guanadine nitrogen) will split from the parent compound (creatine or BCAA)- when this occurs, you have two separate entities because the bonding between the salt and the parent compound has been broken....
I think that would be fine, the permeation enchantment will happen regardless of the bond or not, as long as nitrates are consume that aspect happens.

The water solubility of Leucine Nitrate will be very high regardless of the dissociation or not compared to regular Leucine, which is definitely a benefit.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you say add 1-2 g of a bcaa nitrate or 1-2 of nitrate? 1-2 of just nitarte would be too much for most everyone

^^^^^ true unless its a cheap chinese shake and bake:D

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
good dialoge in here...nitrated BCAAs interest me...anyone notice enhanced recovery using them over regular BCAA's?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good dialoge in here...nitrated BCAAs interest me...anyone notice enhanced recovery using them over regular BCAA's?
I'm addicted to VPX powershock, its a staple of mine. Id try to cycle off all nitrate products every 6-8 weeks though, I either build tolerance or I mentally adapt to the effects of nitrates, not sure but cycling is benefiting me.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm addicted to VPX powershock, its a staple of mine. Id try to cycle off all nitrate products every 6-8 weeks though, I either build tolerance or I mentally adapt to the effects of nitrates, not sure but cycling is benefiting me.
Good to know, ax, thanks!....powershock has been on my radar for a while...as well as Anabolic Ignite more recently...once my BCAA stash dwindles will have to invest in one of these to try out...

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1-1.5 grams of just nitrates- this would equate to around 3-4.5 g of a BCAA or creatine nitrate, and even this may be a little high......

Torq

Torq

Awards
Hey ax1,
I just started talking that product by VPX. How would you recommend talking it?! All I had used today was one scoop in 20oz. of water during workout and one scoop in my gallon for the day. Is that ok or is that over doing it?!?! Sry I don't know that much about BCAA's I just heard it was useful to take bc of recovery purposes. -thanks

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey ax1,
I just started talking that product by VPX. How would you recommend talking it?! All I had used today was one scoop in 20oz. of water during workout and one scoop in my gallon for the day. Is that ok or is that over doing it?!?! Sry I don't know that much about BCAA's I just heard it was useful to take bc of recovery purposes. -thanks
Powershock is a BCAA and EAA product, I have to not that because when people refer to BCAA's we are talking about only 3 amino acids.

Usually people slowly drink intra-workout to benefit from the amino's, but if you want benefit from the nitrates Id drink it 45 minutes pre-training as it takes 45 minutes for the effects of the nitrates to kick in. You can take 1 scoop 45 minutes and 1 scoop intra-workout if you want, that would be imo the best way to utilize Powershock. If you have a 90 minute workout try to finish during the first half of your workout if you want further nitrate benefits at the end of your workout.

If you can get Creatine Nitrate, consume 45 minutes pre-training and drink 1 scoop Powershock intra-workout.

Personally, I drink my Powershock immediate pre-training because I hate drinking fluids while I train. I also take a separate nitrate supplement such as creatine nitrate 45 minutes pre-training.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
High dosed bcaa i like, high dosed nitrates... not so much.