Hex bar (trap bar, deadlift bar, etc.) suggestions

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
I am in the market for a hex bar and wanted to get some suggestions/opinions on a good one that is less than $300. Where did you get yours? Would you recommend a certain site/store?

I have looked at Rouge, EliteFTS, Amazon,etc. I am getting a little overwhelmed and want to hear from the AM crowd before buying.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
eBay

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I own a Gerard (Al Gerard-one of the first, but the plate pins are short and it is hard to load over #550-#600)
to note: some new ones out have differing height handles, plate level and raised a few inches.
Some are cheaper than others, so depending on how much you are looking to put on it, maybe try and get some feedback.
I might think a used one would be less $$ and not sure if craigslist would help there!?

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
EBay... Someone was saying in another thread that you can get one for around $150 or less...

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Wow, thanks for the replies guys. I'll check out eBay.

Anyone else love their bar and want to share where they got it/cost?

Shaun235

Banned
Awards
Interested to know where you get yours and the cost. I've been thinking of picking one up.

Just don't wanna get a piece of junk.
Keep us posted if you find one.

I'll let you know what I come up with myself.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things to look for are the handles - raised or not, as well as the side pieces - the longer they are, the more weight to add on them