Help with libido

juliustroctus

juliustroctus

Awards
Muira puama (gabaa antagonist), and yohimbe are absolutely powerfull, but low doses as could trigger bad anxiety

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have you had your free test & DHT tested? I don't really want to suggest this, but it's a 98% sure shot so what the hell - proviron or masteron ftw. Shouldn't really be suggested in this forum, but I've known some people who use proviron to help free up test when their SHBG is high.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Have you had your free test & DHT tested? I don't really want to suggest this, but it's a 98% sure shot so what the hell - proviron or masteron ftw. Shouldn't really be suggested in this forum, but I've known some people who use proviron to help free up test when their SHBG is high.
I've had free test measured a few times and it either came back normal or high normal. Recently had DHT tested, and came back low normal. I tried a bottle of Mestebol at 6 caps/day, which did nothing. I'd like to get my hands on some Proviron, just a little worried about ordering it online. My endo said DHT has nothing to do with sexual function, and only causes baldness and prostate issues.. Yeah, these are the type of docs I deal with....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol damn he couldn't be more wrong. DHT and dopamine play the largest role in sex drive

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DHT and DHEA are also neuro-stimulants and effect the CNS in a big way, they are what give you drive etc.
It's interesting, but hormones and neurotransmitters play very close roles with each other

Thunder13

Awards
Got it Thank you !
DHT and DHEA are also neuro-stimulants and effect the CNS in a big way, they are what give you drive etc.
It's interesting, but hormones and neurotransmitters play very close roles with each other

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Although I am told there aren't any with a direct cause/affect, I will be putting together a list of whatever items are touted as being able to either positively influence of or increase DHT. My source, of course, will be the net.

I'll post it when I am done and let others opine.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am not attesting, and cannot attest, to the accuracy of this list, however - this summarizes that which I have been able to locate re increasing DHT. There was a small Creatine study that supports the allegation that creatine intake increases DHT.

But, again, please do not shoot the messenger:

• Adequate fat intake (30% to 40% of diet); include saturated fat (olive oil and coconut oil)
• Eat a high ratio of saturated and monounsaturated fats to polyunsaturated fat: Saturated and monounsatured fats support high testosterone levels whereas polyunsaturated fats do not. Keep your polyunsaturated fat consumption low.
• Nettle root – (1) unbinds testosterone and DHT from the glycoprotein sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG), (2) helps block the conversion of testosterone into estrogen and third, and (3) nettle root is great for prostate issues.
• Zinc
• Korean ginseng
• Siberian ginseng.
• Magnesium oil, which can naturally increase DHEA levels.
• Tocotreienols (prevents hair loss)
• CREATINE – INCREASES THE RATIO OF DHT TO FREE TESTOSTERONE.
• Green tea extract has recently been shown to significantly improve both testosterone and DHT levels in rodents.
• Protodioscin – extracts or tribulus and fenugreek

Avoid Beta Sistosterol – it lowers DHT and increases prolactin.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's a pretty good list, all seems legit to my knowledge.

I can personally attest that Accutane has a permanent effect on the enzyme that converts test to DHT, and it WILL cause lowered DHT in people. I've been needing to supplement my TRT with DHT (or it's derivatives). Also, I've been taking Stablon, which has a positive effect on dopamine (amongst other things), and I can personally say that since treating my neurotransmitter deficiencies, I'm getting a MUCH more positive reaction to my TRT/DHT and DHEA intake.

For what it's worth, I never had a positive reaction to things like caber, deprenyl, etc, but Stablon has helped incredibly...not specifically for libido, but for drive, and feeling the effects of things that increase or effect dopamine. But of course, as with all things, this can be very individualistic.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you.

If anyone else has thoughts on the pro-DHT "supplement list", please feel free to chime in.

vkg1

Awards
This is a very interesting thread. Especially to a former Accutane user who can't help but notice that all his problems started at about the time he took Accutane.

lexmuscle, can you update on how things are going for you these days? Have you tried anything new and gotten any better results?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
lexmuscle, can you update on how things are going for you these days? Have you tried anything new and gotten any better results?
TRT is a little better for me recently, I've been supplementing a little DHEA and pregnenolone transdermal, along with Alpha GPC, L-tyrosine, and a prescription for Cabergoline. I haven't seen near the effect caber had on me when I was first prescribed it years ago before TRT, but it does give me a decent sexual boost. I might give Dermacrine a try since everyone who uses it gives it awesome reviews. I wanted to boost my borderline low DHT, so I tried out Mestebol. Mestebol did absolutely jack sh-t for me in the sex drive department, even with triple the recommended dose (which either means low DHT isn't what is keeping my sex drive low, or Mestebol is garbage).

vkg1

Awards
My personal experiences with Deprenyl, another drug I'd say is in the same family as Cabergoline, is that the sexual benefits are real but too inconsistent and accompanied by too many side effects. I felt the stuff messed with my mood too much (for example, sometimes it made me feel a little like I had some kind of mania and other times it made me incredibly lethargic and gloomy) and that I was as likely to get negative effects when I took it as I was to get the enhanced libido. Just thought I'd share on that in case it's useful.

But so you don't feel the DHEA and pregnelone have helped your libido a lot? Your libido is still low?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My personal experiences with Deprenyl, another drug I'd say is in the same family as Cabergoline, is that the sexual benefits are real but too inconsistent and accompanied by too many side effects. I felt the stuff messed with my mood too much (for example, sometimes it made me feel a little like I had some kind of mania and other times it made me incredibly lethargic and gloomy) and that I was as likely to get negative effects when I took it as I was to get the enhanced libido. Just thought I'd share on that in case it's useful.

But so you don't feel the DHEA and pregnelone have helped your libido a lot? Your libido is still low?
The DHEA and Preg seemed to help at first, but I began to get e2 like side effects as far as mood goes. I think the caber is having more of an effect, not sure if I trust the dosage with the Life-Flo brand DHEA and Preg cream I use. It's only 15mg per pump, so I wouldn't think I would see side effects with that low of a dose. Things that trigger anxiety affect me big time compared to others, so I'm very cautious. I can really tell when e2 is creeping higher because I get social anxiety, which I wouldn't have otherwise.

Dark horse

Dark horse

Awards
Prami is 2x better than caber u should look into that.

BJE

BJE

Awards
I think your problem may center on the fact that you used finasteride. From what I've read it can have long term side effects. I will send you a link to a forum where this topic is discussed a lot.

I also think your testosterone level could stand to be higher, 850-1200 for example. I think you would benefit from frequent SQ injection. I also think HCG is helpful.

I may have just gotten lucky, pardon the pun, but at my current regimen I have a tremendous sex drive. I'm thinking about sex all the time and I have a hard time concentrating on other things.

My regimen
200mg test cyp per week divided into every other day doses.
250IU HCG every other day
.25mg Arimidex once per week.

I hope you can get to where I'm at because I am having the best sex of my life. Everyone deserves that.

Aleeri

Awards
I know I am bumping an very old thread here but I would recommend 23andme genetic testing and then upload the data into a tool such as selfdecode.

Healthcare needs to be individualized, no person is the same and different stuff work for different people. Just shooting in the dark with different pharmaceuticals until something works is not a good plan of action. Would potentially bring more problems than it solves such as the case in propecia or even more permanently impaired T production from TRT when trying to restart.

It can go so far as the bacteria balance in your gut affects your neu transmitter balance and hence libido. Work on learning how your own genetic makeup works.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
12 oz of Pom juice one hr before bed every night