Help with bad tendonitis

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any supps or any other advice/recommendations/remedies for bad tendonitis in the elbows?

This isn't an assumption on my part. Got an MRI done and it's diagnosed as bad tendonitis. This was in my right elbow, but my left has started hurting just as bad. It's as the point where even extremely light workouts and 3 weeks off the gym haven't helped.

Help from anyone who's also experienced this nightmare will be appreciated.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I used to have bad tendinitis in my wrist from doing dips. The real dips, not half ass ones and I'm a female. Super cissus was the only thing that worked, even painkillers didn't help.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
54 here and I recommend IForce Joint Help. I dose 1 cap on weekends for maintenance now that the tendons have healed.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
USP Labs Super Cissus or SNS Cissus XT

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Antaeus Achilles. Hands down the Best joint supp I have ever used. I had a nagging shoulder injury for 2+ years and stuff would help but it would always come back. After Achilles I have not felt it again. At all. I took Achilles like 6+ months ago. Sns cissus is another good option that has helped smaller injuries as well.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/achilles-by-antaeus-labs

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Highly doubt any supps will help. I say this because I had it and was on Cissus and Fish Oil - nada. If we are talking one of the Epicondylitis' you need to de-load or rest, use heavy compression sleeves if you train, and rehab by putting eccentric loading on the area via a Therabar by TheraBand. Amazon has the Green ones for about $15. Then look up the 'Tyler Twist' on YouTube. A university study found about 80% effectiveness for this method. it will take a loooooooooong time to rehab. Mine occurred in Nov '14 and I'm probably about 95% back right now. Think about re-arranging your programming, to give the max amount of rest between movements that work the area. Oh, straps help too - squeezing tight irritates the area.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
If you don't have any yet pick up some oxiomega. Great fish oils for a really good price. Should help with inflammation for sure.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS Cissus XT. It has the recommended ketosterone % to assist with joint/tendon problems. I've also heard good things about Achilles as well.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For joint pain relief, Curcumin (with an absorption enhancer like piperine) and Cissus XT.

But primarily you should be talking and working with a physical therapist. Products like ^ are great for helping with pain and remodelling, but you need to fix the cause

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For joint pain relief, Curcumin (with an absorption enhancer like piperine) and Cissus XT.

But primarily you should be talking and working with a physical therapist. Products like ^ are great for helping with pain and remodelling, but you need to fix the cause
Firmly agree here.

Anecdotally i've seen some great results giving friends/acquaintances cissus but also having them see a therapist of some sort. It really comes down to rest and rehab, not just throwing a supplement at it. Outside of cissus (lower ketosterone %) there's really nothing supplement-wise i'd ever recommend.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks all for the feedback. Seems like Cissus us the universal answer as far as supplements go - seeing how both Achilles and Joint Force contain Cissus in them. That and even more rest...

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Highly doubt any supps will help. I say this because I had it and was on Cissus and Fish Oil - nada. If we are talking one of the Epicondylitis' you need to de-load or rest, use heavy compression sleeves if you train, and rehab by putting eccentric loading on the area via a Therabar by TheraBand. Amazon has the Green ones for about $15. Then look up the 'Tyler Twist' on YouTube. A university study found about 80% effectiveness for this method. it will take a loooooooooong time to rehab. Mine occurred in Nov '14 and I'm probably about 95% back right now. Think about re-arranging your programming, to give the max amount of rest between movements that work the area. Oh, straps help too - squeezing tight irritates the area.
Yep. It is Epicondylitis. I'm just very worried as I already tried taking an entire month off from the gym - not just elbow stuff but everything - and after 1 week back in the gym, the pain was still there.

Do you guys think this could be permanent?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Yep. It is Epicondylitis. I'm just very worried as I already tried taking an entire month off from the gym - not just elbow stuff but everything - and after 1 week back in the gym, the pain was still there.

Do you guys think this could be permanent?
there is a chance. With proper treatment it should be minimal though.

jumpin jack

Awards
I battled this off and on for a long time. I did a lot of research on my own and found that the problem could be linked to weaker/neglected muscles in the forearms. I started training forearms 2 or 3 days a week and use a hand gripper while driving down the road almost daily. I have not had any elbow problems since. Give it a shot and I bet you will get some relief in a few weeks. Good luck

hide83

Awards
I know this isn't the anabolic section but ostarine pretty much eliminated the tendinitis I had in my shoulder. About the only thin osta is good for imo other than a bit of muscle retention.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks all for the feedback. Seems like Cissus us the universal answer as far as supplements go - seeing how both Achilles and Joint Force contain Cissus in them. That and even more rest...
Ideally you would get Cissus XT from SNS as it has a lower ketosterone % which would be better for joint/tendon health. The higher extracts just aren't as good.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I also recommend doing castor oil wraps nightly for a week or two along side the supps and rehab exercises. I really fuked my tendons up last year and it took the entire yr to heal. no working out. sucked, the agony from the injury hurt in almost every thing I did.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also recommend doing castor oil wraps nightly for a week or two along side the supps and rehab exercises. I really fuked my tendons up last year and it took the entire yr to heal. no working out. sucked, the agony from the injury hurt in almost every thing I did.
Really? Did you try any of the joint health supplements listed above? IForce Joint Help really helped with my issues (and I'm not a rep).

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yep.. you may not remember but I am a former IFN rep. love that ****, but no.. it couldn't repair the damage I did.

mudrunner

mudrunner

Awards
I've battled this off and on for a few years now. Direct arm work is pretty much out. Chins, rows, and high pulls are about the extent of my bi work anymore, as they don't seem to aggravate it as bad. I have also taken Animal flex a few times and it seemed to help, but doesn't get much love around here. Also, try to sleep with your arm at least partially straight. If I wake up with my arm bent up under my pillow it seems to aggravate it more.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep. This sounds like me.
Would you say after the long rest you are back to normal/full strength?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
You know what's weird is had really bad tendinitis in my left wrist. I could not brush my hair and wipe without pain. I wore a splint because it helped a lot.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Also if you lower your cortisol too much, you get bad body aches. I would test all the time, and it was the cortisol lowering supplements that made me have unbearable muscle pains and tendinitis pain too.