Healthy protein pancakes

senjuriko

senjuriko

Awards
I'm sure many of you have tried the old 'protein pancakes' that are made up of egg whites and protein powder, and if you haven't, your not missing much. They don't exactly taste like pancakes and usually end up with a rubbery texture.

I've been playing around with a few different combination's and think I've found one that satisfies that 'pancake-like' taste, as well as still providing you with a clean calories.

Here's what you do.

Separate 7 egg whites into a bowl. In a separate bowl, add half a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and half a scoop of protein powder.

In with the protein, add a half cup of Splenda (artificial sweetener), 2 tsps of cinnamon, 1 tsp of pumpkin spice, and a half cup of oats.

If you have a blender, add all the dry ingredients along with the egg whites, and mix well. If not, just make sure that you mix all the ingredients together well enough so that it is consistent throughout and there are no clumps of oats and powder.

Set the burner to a medium heat and spray a pan with PAM or a low-calorie spray. You can also use a griddle if you have one.

Add enough of the mixture so that it fills a 6 inch diameter in the pan and wait until the mixture thickens enough to be able to flip over. It should only take a few minutes.

The entire mixture will make 3 large pancakes. Each pancake will give you 20 grams protein, 10 grams carbs, and only 2 grams fat. If you are following a low carb diet, you can leave out the oats, and add an extra half scoop of protein, which will give you 21 grams protein, 2 grams carbs, and only a gram of fat per pancake.