HCG Question...

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I purchased a vial of HCG raw powder from a reputable lab. It is a 2ml vial with what looks to be about 500mg of powder inside. It was extremely expensive, but I fully trust the source.

I've found other sellers that are substantially cheaper, but they have 10ml vials that look to be a third to half way full of powder. Like, literally all of them.

Anybody know what's going on?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I purchased a vial of HCG raw powder from a reputable lab. It is a 2ml vial with what looks to be about 500mg of powder inside. It was extremely expensive, but I fully trust the source.

I've found other sellers that are substantially cheaper, but they have 10ml vials that look to be a third to half way full of powder. Like, literally all of them.

You might have to clarify your question.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Other stuff is fillers and binders, the powder isnt all hcg in either instance.

The technology to package with fewer fillers must be more expensive, only thing I can think of.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Other stuff is fillers and binders, the powder isnt all hcg in either instance.

The technology to package with fewer fillers must be more expensive, only thing I can think of.
But, why do they need this in an injectable? 😯

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Has to do with moisture and keeping the peptide from partially reconstituting from moisture in the vial. If they have a good process, less is needed as insurance against moisture.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has to do with moisture and keeping the peptide from partially reconstituting from moisture in the vial. If they have a good process, less is needed as insurance against moisture.
Ok, this sort of makes sense. All of the companies are claiming 99%+ purity though.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ok, this sort of makes sense. All of the companies are claiming 99%+ purity though.
The HCG/peptide is purified to 99% at some point, then it is lypholized with other compounds. See the below abstract about how it is done with HGH. The goal is to prevent "insoluble aggregate formation"

"
Stability of lyophilized human growth hormone.
Salnikova MS,
Middaugh CR,
Rytting JH
Author information
International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 03 Mar 2008, 358(1-2):108-113
DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2008.02.022 PMID: 18394830

Share this article Share with emailShare with twitterShare with linkedinShare with facebook
Abstract
To evaluate relationships between the extent of protein-excipient interactions, structural relaxation of an amorphous matrix, and the physico-chemical stability of a protein, human growth hormone (hGH) was lyophilized with sucrose and trehalose in a 1:2 weight ratio. The protein-excipient interactions were analyzed immediately after lyophilization with isoperibol solution calorimetry (ISC), water sorption analysis (WSA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR). The physical and chemical stability of hGH during storage at 50 degrees C was monitored by reverse phase (RP)-HPLC, SEC-HPLC and UV absorption spectroscopy. The hGH formulation containing sucrose demonstrated greater protein-excipient interactions and faster initial relaxation times compared to the trehalose formulation. Although both formulations had similar chemical stability (rate of deamidation), physical stabilities (e.g. degree of aggregation) were different. The hGH/sucrose formulation manifested a higher rate and lower extent of insoluble aggregate formation. The decreased amount of aggregation in the sucrose formulation could be correlated with a greater extent of protein-excipient interactions and the presence of a more homogeneous mixture. In contrast, the higher rate of aggregation in the sucrose formulation could be directly correlated with the higher molecular mobility of the matrix.
"

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The HCG/peptide is purified to 99% at some point, then it is lypholized with other compounds. See the below abstract about how it is done with HGH. The goal is to prevent "insoluble aggregate formation"

"
Stability of lyophilized human growth hormone.
Salnikova MS,
Middaugh CR,
Rytting JH
Author information
International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 03 Mar 2008, 358(1-2):108-113
DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2008.02.022 PMID: 18394830

Share this article Share with emailShare with twitterShare with linkedinShare with facebook
Abstract
To evaluate relationships between the extent of protein-excipient interactions, structural relaxation of an amorphous matrix, and the physico-chemical stability of a protein, human growth hormone (hGH) was lyophilized with sucrose and trehalose in a 1:2 weight ratio. The protein-excipient interactions were analyzed immediately after lyophilization with isoperibol solution calorimetry (ISC), water sorption analysis (WSA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR). The physical and chemical stability of hGH during storage at 50 degrees C was monitored by reverse phase (RP)-HPLC, SEC-HPLC and UV absorption spectroscopy. The hGH formulation containing sucrose demonstrated greater protein-excipient interactions and faster initial relaxation times compared to the trehalose formulation. Although both formulations had similar chemical stability (rate of deamidation), physical stabilities (e.g. degree of aggregation) were different. The hGH/sucrose formulation manifested a higher rate and lower extent of insoluble aggregate formation. The decreased amount of aggregation in the sucrose formulation could be correlated with a greater extent of protein-excipient interactions and the presence of a more homogeneous mixture. In contrast, the higher rate of aggregation in the sucrose formulation could be directly correlated with the higher molecular mobility of the matrix.
"
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! 😃

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

It must not be that reputable of a lab if they aren’t labeling the dosage of the hcg. It’s most likely a 5000iu vial. You’ll probably want a separate, bigger sterile vial to mix the hcg in with bac water so you can have an easier time measuring it out and whatnot,

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It must not be that reputable of a lab if they aren’t labeling the dosage of the hcg. It’s most likely a 5000iu vial. You’ll probably want a separate, bigger sterile vial to mix the hcg in with bac water so you can have an easier time measuring it out and whatnot,
Sorry, I should have mentioned that both are 5,000 iu vials. I have 20 ml bottles of sterile water and benzyl alcohol that I plan to mix them in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
klbsa Post Cycle Therapy 4
35 and Older 3
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 16
Anabolics 8