Harrison Gets Defensive Player of the Year?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
WTF? I think he's a great athlete and had a great year, but why Harrison.

Ware (20), Porter (17.5), and Abraham (16.5) had more sacks than Harrison's 16....

Ed Reed had 9 interceptions.

Honestly, I thought Reed or Polamalu had a good chance at getting it, but I didn't think anyone would audicity not to vote Ware if they were choosing a pass rusher.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Harrisons overall effect on the Steelers defense is what got him the award. Not only rushing the passer, he wreaked havoc causing turnovers and more importantly influencing wins. Obviously all of these guys were deserving but only one can win.

:bruce3:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Harrisons overall effect on the Steelers defense is what got him the award. Not only rushing the passer, he wreaked havoc causing turnovers and more importantly influencing wins. Obviously all of these guys were deserving but only one can win.
Would you say he's more important than Polamalu in the Steeler's D? Also, you guys have two good edge rushers. It would seem that if Harrison went down then Woodley could at least cover down. There's no way to replace a Polamalu....

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Would you say he's more important than Polamalu in the Steeler's D? Also, you guys have two good edge rushers. It would seem that if Harrison went down then Woodley could at least cover down. There's no way to replace a Polamalu....
No I wouldn't say he's more important than Polamalu but his play caught the attention of the league. For that matter Ed Reed of the Ravens got completely shafted in all of this but for obvious reasons I'm not too concerned about that:lol:

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
NO....he's not more important than Polamalu. But THIS YEAR, James Harrison made big plays that either won games, helped decide games, or made plays that swung the momentum heavily in our favor.

yeah, Ware and Porter had alot of sacks, you can't take that away from those guys.

Ed Reed is just a ball-hawk. A machine, one of the most talented players to enter the league in the last 20 years, it's a shame he's a Raven b/c I want to like him (Steelers fan here).

Now out of those 3 (Reed, Porter, Ware), Reed has the most impact on his team, and had more game changing performances. But NOONE had the a better all around year than Harrison (16 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, over 100 tackles). And yes, that statistic is correct, 7...I SAID 7 forced fumbles. Like I said before, some of those sacks (safety vs. San Diego), resulting in the forced fumbles (vs. the Ravens w/ Woodley recovering and returning for TD, and vs. the Patriots which led to a Steelers scoring onslaught) have WON GAMES.

Game. Set. Match.

Reed helped win games, Harrison WON games.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Who say Harrison isn't the defensive player of the year now

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that run back was nuts

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
he was knocking people around yesterday not to mention the run back, it just proves the point.... he deserved it.