Hair regrowth on Test E?

Samgotti18

Awards
Has anyone here experienced some hair regrowth on their scalp during a Test E cycle? I'm on week 19 of my Test E blast and I've had zero hair loss. It actually looks like my widow's peaks are filling up again with some hair that wasn't there before. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like Smont said, no. You can only lose hair on your head. Keep in mind, it takes time for the real shedding to actually take place. A lot of people think the second an androgen enters the bloodstream your hair starts falling out. The DHT shrinks the follicles and reduces the hair growth cycle. But this takes time. If you take AAS and you're immediately shedding then that shedding is unlikely related to MPB but something else.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The DHT shrinks the follicles and reduces the hair growth cycle. But this takes time. If you take AAS and you're immediately shedding then that shedding is unlikely related to MPB but something else.
I started a DHT blocking shampoo, biotion conditioner, and minoxidil spray this summer and my hair seems to have thickened up quite a bit for what it's worth. I only use transdermals but I'm currently on a run of epiandro + DHEA and tongkat and this time don't see to be experiencing the thinning I did last time. (different manufacturer of the products as well as the new hair care process).

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I started a DHT blocking shampoo, biotion conditioner, and minoxidil spray this summer and my hair seems to have thickened up quite a bit for what it's worth. I only use transdermals but I'm currently on a run of epiandro + DHEA and tongkat and this time don't see to be experiencing the thinning I did last time. (different manufacturer of the products as well as the new hair care process).
I believe it. Minoxidil has been proven to work, so I'm not exactly surprised. Some of the DHT blocking shampoos might work as well, although I'm a little more skeptical of their effectiveness vs minoxidil. You can also get a minoxidil/ finasteride spray which I've started using.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe it. Minoxidil has been proven to work, so I'm not exactly surprised. Some of the DHT blocking shampoos might work as well, although I'm a little more skeptical of their effectiveness vs minoxidil. You can also get a minoxidil/ finasteride spray which I've started using.
I've just been using this one:

as far as the DHT blocker and Biotin shampoo goes, IDK. Seems like it would be more of a preventative maintenance type thing if you are going to experience an increase in DHT like I might with epiandro and dhea. I agree that it doesn't sound like it would improve hair growth, as much as help protect it, whereas the minoxidil "should" create some recovery if it's not too late...

that's my understanding. I'm throwing the kitchen sink at it and hoping for the best while simultaneously accepting that i'm 41 and it is what it is. the only thing that irks me is that there is zero male baldness on either sides of my family so that's why I felt inclined to try something.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i wish

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've just been using this one:

as far as the DHT blocker and Biotin shampoo goes, IDK. Seems like it would be more of a preventative maintenance type thing if you are going to experience an increase in DHT like I might with epiandro and dhea. I agree that it doesn't sound like it would improve hair growth, as much as help protect it, whereas the minoxidil "should" create some recovery if it's not too late...

that's my understanding. I'm throwing the kitchen sink at it and hoping for the best while simultaneously accepting that i'm 41 and it is what it is. the only thing that irks me is that there is zero male baldness on either sides of my family so that's why I felt inclined to try something.
I'm taking a minoxidil/finasteride topical combo. You can get a prescription online in like 5 minutes. The fact that MPB isn't on either side of your family is a good sign. Although genetics can be weird. Like I've said before, I know brothers where one has a full head of hair and the other completely bald. Luck of the draw.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm taking a minoxidil/finasteride topical combo. You can get a prescription online in like 5 minutes. The fact that MPB isn't on either side of your family is a good sign. Although genetics can be weird. Like I've said before, I know brothers where one has a full head of hair and the other completely bald. Luck of the draw.
If you haven't add Nizoral or any Ketoconazole shampoo. It washes the androgens from your scalp and an easy addition available otc

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you haven't add Nizoral or any Ketoconazole shampoo. It washes the androgens from your scalp and an easy addition available otc
I used to have prescription ketoconazole but it was for something else and not hair loss. Don't really remember what it was for. I am sure I can easily get another prescription for 2% ketoconazole though. How often are you supposed to use it?

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I used to have prescription ketoconazole but it was for something else and not hair loss. Don't really remember what it was for. I am sure I can easily get another prescription for 2% ketoconazole though. How often are you supposed to use it?
I use otc it is a lower percentage I think 1% you have pharma so its 2%. Its recommend every 3 days on otc but I use almost daily without drying out.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Like I've said before, I know brothers where one has a full head of hair and the other completely bald. Luck of the draw.
yeah there are things in life that stress me out and then there are things that are out of our control. so this was one of those things that once I became aware of it I figured hell, I'll try everything but at the same time, not really going to stress over it if it's out of my control. so far head seems pretty bush. if I do have permanent hair loss it's around the widows peak which I've had my whole life so I'll just have to emulate jude law lol (except I outweigh him by like 50lbs lol)

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah there are things in life that stress me out and then there are things that are out of our control. so this was one of those things that once I became aware of it I figured hell, I'll try everything but at the same time, not really going to stress over it if it's out of my control. so far head seems pretty bush. if I do have permanent hair loss it's around the widows peak which I've had my whole life so I'll just have to emulate jude law lol (except I outweigh him by like 50lbs lol)
Yeah I hear you. I mean, I don't want to lose my hair but I'd rather have my health than my hair. So when I rank the different side effects from AAS, hair loss is pretty low on my list.