Hair Loss - AAcid vs Spiro

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
I have read many of the links as well as all the info on minoxidil.com.

Everyone here seems to think that Spiro is the best, but based upon the recommeded products on minoxidil.com, it seems like they feel AAcid and Minox @ 5% each is the best approach. I only mention that site because so many of the links reference it.

Any thoughts. I ordered some Azelaic Acid 5% and Minox 5% from Custom and am just trying to decide if I should add Spiro. I also plan on getting 2% Niozoral.

I am just getting into PH's, but am also just starting to notice a little receding of the hairline.

Any thoughts?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Ask someone like Deoudes59. He's tried a lot of stuff.

I just use Niz 2% and it works fine.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, suppost to EOD, but on cycle I do daily.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think spiro is the best thing, in combination with the Niz2%.
i will also mention, apply the spiro to the not only the areas where you've lost a little hair - but to the areas its likily to fall out from. Just ran M1T, and saw minimal hairloss, the cycle on the otherhand - sucked. *only because i started feeling like crap.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
D59

Curious. What do you base Spiro being better than AAcid on? Any AAcid usage on your side? The reason I ask is that I would like to use a Minox/AAcid product so I only have to apply once. As I'm sure you know Minox and Spiro don't react well to each other in the same solution so you have to apply seperately.

Another question. Doesn't Niz 2% and Spiro work along the same "pathway" so to speak?

These may seem naive, and I am talking completely from a book research versus real application perspective and that is why your input is so valuable to me.

Let me know and thanks for taking the time to help me out.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Spiro is only for small areas like around the hairline and bald spots. Its not practical to rub spiro on your whole head. AA or nizoral comes in a shampoo which you can use on your entire head.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
From what I havd been reading, although it is recommended that any of these solutions be applied to the scalp in multiple locations, supposedly once they are absorbed through the top layer of skin, they "spread out" so to speak throughout the scalp as a whole.

Do you know of any places to get AA in a shampoo? I've only found at custom in solution (at great prices I might add). Thanks for all your help.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
From what I have been reading, although it is recommended that any of these solutions be applied to the scalp in multiple locations, supposedly once they are absorbed through the top layer of skin, they "spread out" so to speak throughout the scalp as a whole.

Do you know of any places to get AA in a shampoo? I've only found at custom in solution (at great prices I might add). Thanks for all your help.

"Spread out"?? I don;t think so. Spiro solution might drip, the cream stay in one spot. Shampoo provides more coverage.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
I meant, that the "spreading out" occurs after absorption. I will look for the study, but it said that post absorption, the active ingredients diffused across the entire scalp before the surface.

jxhopper

Awards
  • Established
I alternate using aa+ minox one day and spiro the next....this seems to work great for me...no loss at all while on cycle.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
When you say Spiro the next, do you take Minox on that day as well? My only concern would be in not taking minox every day.

jxhopper

Awards
  • Established
No...if you mix the minox and spiro, it causes some kind of reaction between the trwo and your head will smell like ass. I alternate between the two. If you want to use them both every day, you could do each one after a shower twice a day.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
I can't imagine that your head smelling like ass can be all that pleasant, or make you that popular at the gym. Thanks for the info. What not to do is often even more important than what to do.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Bump, any last thoughts on this one. Seems like info on this in the forum is pretty spread out. Would be nice to get some good info in one place.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I meant, that the "spreading out" occurs after absorption. I will look for the study, but it said that post absorption, the active ingredients diffused across the entire scalp before the surface.

Kraftkid, post info on the 'spreading out' effect.

And read minoxidil.com. It'll probably answer almost all your questions.

zed

zed

Board Supporter
Awards
I ordered the xandrox day and night formulas a few months ago and have been amazed with the results. the nizoral shampoo i use about four times a week. the spiro only before bed after a shower with the xandrox as little as twice a week. its true it makes your head smell like a skunk sprayed it. i also use nioxin shampoo and conditioner and vive 2in 1 shampoo/conditioner on days i dont use the nizoral shampoo. i had moderate frontal thinning for about 4 years where it was definately noticable. Did a mit/4ad stack and it got a little worst, starting using all these products and people ask me if i got a hair transplant, maybe i am just lucky it worked so well for me.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've had a little luck with the spiro once a day.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Kraftkid, post info on the 'spreading out' effect.

And read minoxidil.com. It'll probably answer almost all your questions.
Marcus - sorry for the delay, been busy. This is right off Minox.com. Check step three.

The most effective and most important approach to the use of topical 5% Xandrox or plain 5% minoxidil solution is consistency. Apply the solution of choice twice a day, every day. Each such application should be applied a minimum of 8 hours apart. It is important to apply the medications to one's scalp where they will do the most good, and to apply them on a dry scalp.

Step one: Introduce 1 mL of 5% Xandrox or plain 5% minoxidil solution into the provided medicine dropper.

Step two: Part hair in several places and apply a portion of the medicine to each parted area.
Step three: Use fingertips to lightly rub the solution into the scalp. If the hair is parted in six places, use the medicine dropper to deposit a total of about 1/6th mL of solution per each parted area of the scalp. Exact precision isn't necessary, as it's the alcohol in the 5% solutions that allows for penetration into the scalp. Even if the 5% solution is not evenly distributed on the scalp, diffusion takes place in the skin layers directly under the stratum corneum. The stratum corneum is the protective, uppermost layer of dead skin cells generally known as the horny layer.
Step four: Most patients will experience satisfactory regrowth with 5% Xandrox or even the less potent 5% minoxidil within 4 to 6 months. If, after 6 months of treatment with 5% Xandrox daytime or 5% minoxidil daytime solution one finds there are still areas that are not responding adequately to treatment, one may add the 5% Xandrox or 5% minoxidil Nighttime solutions to the therapy regimen.

captainbicept

Awards
my reason for choosing to use the spiro and minoxidil, and not the azelaic acid is because the azelaic acid is absorbed systematically, whereas the other two are not.

travbedaman

travbedaman

Awards
  • Established
Have not had any experience with AA, however I can say after a little over a month on Spiro 2x per day (from Custom) I have had some major hair sprouting from my temples. What is even more impressive was that I was previously on Finasteride 1mg per day for 4 months and dropped it about one month before I ever started Spiro (dropped due to sex drive issues), and I have more regrowth in that area than ever before.